Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 10:31 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archon445 View Post
Orly? Black women are almost as vocal about it as stormfronters.

You don't get out much do you.

Since black women are vocal about it you can't simply write it off as a white supremacist thing to be against race mixing. In fact many asian american males are starting to become very anti-race mixing. (which is understandable since asian american males have it pretty bad, there's alot of angry asian men in the U.S. because asian women and white women won't give them a chance)

If there's not any balance in the dating game then things might very well get ugly. There has to be balance and unfortunatly you can't force someone to be attracted to someone of another race.

This diversity experiment that the west is engaged in has a very interesting and unpredictable future for it.
Thanks for telling a black a woman how all black women feel.

Like I said you people always try to find a black person to validate your racist views. So that means that's how ALL black women feel? Because she feels that way that makes it right?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
If it were a commercial for Oreos instead of Cheerios people would lose their minds.
This is WIN.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:42 PM

156 posts, read 116,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Since when does one black woman's video represent all black women or even most black women? Black women are not anti race mixing. In fact more and more black women are dating interracial. Why don't you conduct a quick search on youtube. Type in bw and interracial relationships. I'm willing to bet that you will find far more black women posting videos of their interracial relationships than the reverse. But of course, you know this already. You simply want to portray black women as hateful, because that helps further your agenda.

And for the record, I'm a black woman and I like seeing interracial relationships.
There's plenty of black women out there that don't like it.

You mean to tell me you don't hear stories about how black men and white women catch alot of s*** from angry black women? There's alot more of them out there than you think who do no approve of it. And the funny thing is, is that I'm white and even I know this. So you must REALLY be living under a rock.

I'm not portraying black women as hateful, there's nothing hateful about that womans opinion. It's only hateful to you because you can't fathom the idea that someone has an opinion different than yours.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just so you know - that idiot doesn't speak for Texas.

Texas is ranked #2 out of the 50 states when it comes to interracial dating, as well as interracial marriage.
Top 20 States For Interracial Dating (INFOGRAPHIC)
U.S. rate of interracial marriage hits record high

Interracial couples of all sorts are a very common sight in Texas. As I stated earlier, my kids are biracial and are now grown. Ever since they started dating in Texas, they've dated (and married) whoever the heck they wanted. They are half Caucasian and half African American, basically, and they've married white, Hispanic, and Korean spouses (my youngest isn't married yet - but he's been dating a cute, preppy little Caucasian girl for over a year now). They have not experienced any issues or intolerance.
I see what you mean, no insult intended...there is, I have heard, a big difference between the people of the Panhandle of Texas and folks in Austin and Houston.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Wait...so ALL of the numerous Black women who have posted in this thread regarding the commercial have stated that the commercial is cute and adorable so you go dig up a random video from YT. You really are reaching.

Obviously you are just oh so very disappointed that there aren't any "angry Black women" enraged about this commercial that you decided manufacture them....and threw in "angry Asian men" for good measure. Pathetic.

Quote:
Orly? Black women are almost as vocal about it as stormfronters.

You don't get out much do you.

Since black women are vocal about it you can't simply write it off as a white supremacist thing to be against race mixing. In fact many asian american males are starting to become very anti-race mixing. (which is understandable since asian american males have it pretty bad, there's alot of angry asian men in the U.S. because asian women and white women won't give them a chance)

If there's not any balance in the dating game then things might very well get ugly. There has to be balance and unfortunatly you can't force someone to be attracted to someone of another race.

This diversity experiment that the west is engaged in has a very interesting and unpredictable future for it.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:

You mean to tell me you don't hear stories about how black men and white women catch alot of s*** from angry black women? There's alot more of them out there than you think who do no approve of it. And the funny thing is, is that I'm white and even I know this. So you must REALLY be living under a rock.

I'm not portraying black women as hateful, there's nothing hateful about that womans opinion. It's only hateful to you because you can't fathom the idea that someone has an opinion different than yours.
So what? This is not exclusive of BM/WW relationships. There are Black women who catch crap about dating White men. There are White men who catch crap about dating Latinas. There are Latinas who catch crap about dating Black men. There are Asian women who catch crap about dating Hispanic men...and on and on.

Must people are too busy worrying about their own romantic lives to focus on who is dating whom. You are attempting to take anecdotal information and state it as fact. So please provide ACTUAL STATISTICS on these throngs of disapproving Black women because Black Americans, in general (men and women), are far more supportive of interracial relationships than White Americans, in general.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149390/re...marriages.aspx

Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
The irony is, heart health can not be achieved by eating a brand of cereal. It's a mixture of eating healthy organic natural foods, maintaining stress levels, getting adequate sleep at night, and exercising for at least 30 - 60 minutes daily.
Actually I wouldn't be thinking about the nutrition value. I would be seeing a commercial for a product. I don't think there is anyone who would rely on cereal to keep a healthy heart. Any health benefits to eating Cherrios would be quite limited - less sugar?? fat content??

I knew someone who went on a Cherrios diet. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. If there was any truth to Cherrios being good for the heart she must have had a heart like a bull. Unfortunately it didn't help in the weight department.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:48 AM

937 posts, read 1,134,852 times
Quote:

I'm not portraying black women as hateful, there's nothing hateful about that woman's opinion. It's only hateful to you because you can't fathom the idea that someone has an opinion different than yours.
I'm sure there are a few older black women who may have a problem with it, but this is mostly due to their own racial hangups. In all honesty, it's not fair to single out these women, because there are people from every racial group who may have a problem with interracial couples.

You want to believe that the majority of black women are sitting around angry and upset, when nothing could be further from the truth. I love seeing couples in love, regardless of their color.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08
pathetic
Yes it is.... It shows how stupid this POLITICALLY CORRECT crap is!!

I LIKE CHEERIOS

Old 06-02-2013, 12:58 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,584 times
I'm just surprised that a simple commercial can raise the ire of so many posters here. I mean really, you have absolutely nothing else going on in your life, that you are completely upset over a fictional cereal commercial? Cheerios? One poster even got banned, wow! Cereal! This is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies