U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Barrington
45,781 posts, read 34,016,499 times
Reputation: 15288

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I searched the site for the word "masturbation." It simply said it was touching your genitals. It didn't "teach" anything. I think kids figure out how to do that one without a government website....
It's also not in the glossary as the article suggested.

I seriously doubt the OP looked at the site in his/her eagerness to bash liberals.

 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,489,597 times
Reputation: 4230
The Left is priming them for when they make pedophilia legal and lower the age of consent.
 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,469,891 times
Reputation: 27565
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's also not in the glossary as the article suggested.

I seriously doubt the OP looked at the site in his/her eagerness to bash liberals.
Yes it is. The article stated "mutual masturbation" and here it is:


Glossary | girlshealth.gov
mutual masturbation (say: MYOO-chuh-wuhl mas-tur-BAY-shuhn) = when two people touch each other's sex organs or genitals for sexual pleasure.
 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
 
17,297 posts, read 25,691,472 times
Reputation: 8567
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes it is. The article stated "mutual masturbation" and here it is:


Glossary | girlshealth.gov
mutual masturbation (say: MYOO-chuh-wuhl mas-tur-BAY-shuhn) = when two people touch each other's sex organs or genitals for sexual pleasure.


OMG! Where's my fainting couch!? Fetch the smelling salts!
 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
11,160 posts, read 20,444,227 times
Reputation: 26433
That site looks very useful. I just bookmarked it for my 11 year old. She has friends who have their periods already who have never heard of birth control. She has friends whose older teen sisters are parents already.

To me, there's no such thing as too much education about women's health, birth control, etc. I know too many parents who don't tell their kids anything and who get mad if the schools try to teach any kind of reproductive health.
 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Barrington
45,781 posts, read 34,016,499 times
Reputation: 15288
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Really just running a Gay Prostitution ring from his apartment...no big deal!

At Frank's request, the House Ethics Committee investigated the allegations in 1990.
The story collapsed under scrutiny.
 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Barrington
45,781 posts, read 34,016,499 times
Reputation: 15288
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I think it's strange and somewhat creepy that kids today need to be taught any of these things.

Back in my day "mutual masturbation" was called heavy petting and nobody needed to be taught how to do that, it was pretty much instinctual.
The website does not teach how to..... It's a failure of CNN reporting and the OP's failure to check out the link he/she posted.
 
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 AM
 
4,839 posts, read 3,564,539 times
Reputation: 1834
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Left is priming them for when they make pedophilia legal and lower the age of consent.
How about actually going on the site & looking it over before overreacting.
 
Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,469,891 times
Reputation: 27565
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The website does not teach how to..... It's a failure of CNN reporting and the OP's failure to check out the link he/she posted.
It's CNS, not CNN and the article didn't say "teach" at all; that was the OP's comment.
This is what CNS states:


But the site also includes a glossary that explains anal sex and “mutual masturbation” and includes information about birth control and how to access everything from condoms to “emergency contraceptives.”
 
Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 AM
 
4,839 posts, read 3,564,539 times
Reputation: 1834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's CNS, not CNN and the article didn't say "teach" at all; that was the OP's comment.
This is what CNS states:


But the site also includes a glossary that explains anal sex and “mutual masturbation” and includes information about birth control and how to access everything from condoms to “emergency contraceptives.”
And? Did YOU go on the website?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top