U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 AM

45,800 posts, read 34,032,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes it is. The article stated "mutual masturbation" and here it is:

Glossary | girlshealth.gov
mutual masturbation (say: MYOO-chuh-wuhl mas-tur-BAY-shuhn) = when two people touch each other's sex organs or genitals for sexual pleasure.
Thank you.

I am glad the term is defined.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,696,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan;
But the site also includes a glossary that explains anal sex and “mutual masturbation” and includes information about birth control and how to access everything from condoms to “emergency contraceptives.”

Not sure why this is controversial though?

I got my first rudimentary sex ed lesson in 2nd grade, from a 5th grade girl on the playground who explained the (mostly correct) basics to a group of us.

By 10 years old sex jokes are already the norm among kids, whether you would like to believe it or not, and whether they fully understand or not what they're joking about.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:18 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,489,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Not sure why this is controversial though?

I got my first rudimentary sex ed lesson in 2nd grade, from a 5th grade girl on the playground who explained the (mostly correct) basics to a group of us.

By 10 years old sex jokes are already the norm among kids, whether you would like to believe it or not, and whether they fully understand or not what they're joking about.
That was not my "comment" that you quoted. That was what the article stated.
You removed my reference to the article.

Here's what I posted:
This is what CNS states:

But the site also includes a glossary that explains anal sex and “mutual masturbation” and includes information about birth control and how to access everything from condoms to “emergency contraceptives.”

Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,696,687 times
Quote:
That was not my "comment" that you quoted. That was what the article stated.
You removed my reference to the article.

Here's what I posted:
This is what CNS states:

I didn't mean to say you in particular thought it was controversial, though I can see how you took it that way.

I'm asking in general to the board why would it be controversial? Seems fairly benign.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,304,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Wait, if they can't read how are they going to read the website? Total fail. Try reading what you write before hitting the post button, it will save you a lot of embarrassment.
Exactly what I was going to ask. The posts are so incredibly stupid its mind boggling to the clear thinker

Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,367,509 times
It is controversial because the prudes believe sex should not be discussed or referenced any time any where ever.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,489,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I didn't mean to say you in particular thought it was controversial, though I can see how you took it that way.

I'm asking in general to the board why would it be controversial? Seems fairly benign.
Just wanted to clarify that those weren't my words.
Seems it's just an information website, not a "how-to" website.

Controversial ? Nah..I just think the government has more important issues to worry about then this.
Government can't do anything on the cheap and social issues are taking up too much FedGov money/time.
Gay marriage and sex education for minors should not be top priority for the Federal Government.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,936,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
True, just uneducated on how one's body works and lacking in the ability to enjoy pleasure.
Choosing not to masturbate does not make one uneducated any more than choosing not to wear a ponytail or not to favor the color blue. Different strokes for different folks (pun intended). Your assertion that it does indicate a lack of education in turn indicates a failure to approach a topic from multiple angles, or to address that topic without resulting to fallacious reasoning, which in turn indicates a lack of education on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe from the fact that you refuse to even LOOK at the website on which this entire thread & discussion is based? I think you just officially broke my irony meter.

(you do realize that wasn't just a random website suggestion, but in fact the very site in question - right?)
Nmnita has already clarified that she did read the website. What she was saying, if i recall and understand correctly is that she didn't have to read it to understand it.

Quote:
Controversial ? Nah..I just think the government has more important issues to worry about then this.
Government can't do anything on the cheap and social issues are taking up too much FedGov money/time.
Gay marriage and sex education for minors should not be top priority for the Federal Government.
So, since sex ed isn't the most important issue, it should be abandoned? Same with maintaining our highways, investigating corporate and political corruption, training our troops in combat medicine, etc? None of those are the most important issue we face, so they should all wait until the economy is fixed or Afghanistan and Iraq become Utopias of western society?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 AM

78 posts, read 44,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I guess the OP believes in abstinence only education. We all saw how well that worked out for grandparents like Sarah Palin and her hillbilly clan.

Right, because looking at one incident to form a judgment is GREAT scientific rigor!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 AM

78 posts, read 44,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
if the parent doesn't want their kids reading about this, they can block websites. it's pretty simple.

You DO realize that the parent's computer isn't the only way the kid can get on the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies