U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 PM
 
Location: TX
6,491 posts, read 5,240,480 times
Reputation: 2619

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
The decision to not bear children is murder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so not having children is murder? How da heck does that make any sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
Because, without any intervention, the process would produce a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so those practicing abstinence are murders. There is no man-made intervention. People choose to not have sex in that instance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
Since no sex is performed, the process has not begun.

To use an analogy, having an abortion is like...
Ah, so this entire time, you were discussing abortion while Arus was discussing the words you actually typed, "the decision to not bear children".

You can see where you have trouble.

 
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,351,104 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
Since no sex is performed, the process has not begun.
And if people have sex and doesn't result in pregnancy, are they still murderers?

What if the man had a vasectomy? Is he still a murderer?

What if the woman had her tubes tied? Is she still now a murderer?

Seeing as the discussion originated from your statement ' the decision not to bear children is murder '.

These are all decisions that result in not bearing children.


You can't even follow your own logic.

Quote:
To use an analogy, having an abortion is like cheating on a test and then asking for a retest, so that you can pretend you never cheated.
No it isn't. Your analogy fails on so many levels.

Oh and is mother nature a murderer? Since Mother Nature is responsible for more miscarriages in a year, than the number of abortions happening each year.
 
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 PM
 
Location: TX
6,491 posts, read 5,240,480 times
Reputation: 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
(to aqua84) Oh and is mother nature a murderer? Since Mother Nature is responsible for more miscarriages in a year, than the number of abortions happening each year.
If the poster you're talking to is a Christian by any chance, I think they'd prefer to substitute the words "Mother Nature" with "God"
 
Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 PM
 
1,519 posts, read 1,060,855 times
Reputation: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
Yes, that is the only reason to have sex.
LOL - who are you people? And how do you even exist in the world? What happened in your live to make you this way?

Oh well, it's great to see some variety - even if it's quite "out there."
 
Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 PM
 
78 posts, read 44,695 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post

Well, I worked in Dr. Morgantaler's Edmonton clinic as a security guard as it was being built and for a while after it opened. I think I'd have noticed this. So I'll beg to differ.

You could theoretically do something heinous like that anywhere, not just in a clinic.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Sure, but so what? You don't like it. We get it. Fine. But again, so what? No one is asking you to like it, just acknowledge the fact that your distaste doesn't justify forcing women to bear children against their will.

If you want to support allowing women to abort children, you have to also support women having the right to hurl a 2 week infant against a wall for whatever reason they choose. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.
 
Old 06-18-2013, 11:44 PM
 
78 posts, read 44,695 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
And if people have sex and doesn't result in pregnancy, are they still murderers?

What if the man had a vasectomy? Is he still a murderer?

What if the woman had her tubes tied? Is she still now a murderer?

Seeing as the discussion originated from your statement ' the decision not to bear children is murder '.

These are all decisions that result in not bearing children.


You can't even follow your own logic.

No it isn't. Your analogy fails on so many levels.

Oh and is mother nature a murderer? Since Mother Nature is responsible for more miscarriages in a year, than the number of abortions happening each year.

No, because sex does not always lead to a pregnancy. If the random chance works out in your favor, fine, but you shouldn't be allowed to do anything to influence those random chances.

Yes, having a vasectomony and having your tubes tied should be illegal as well.

You know darn well that the statement "to not bear children" was used in this thread as a substitute for an abortion.
 
Old 06-18-2013, 11:45 PM
 
78 posts, read 44,695 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
LOL - who are you people? And how do you even exist in the world? What happened in your live to make you this way?

Oh well, it's great to see some variety - even if it's quite "out there."


Well someone has to be the smartest person in the room, so it might as well be me.
 
Old 06-19-2013, 12:05 AM
 
Location: TX
6,491 posts, read 5,240,480 times
Reputation: 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
(to Arus) No, because sex does not always lead to a pregnancy. If the random chance works out in your favor, fine, but you shouldn't be allowed to do anything to influence those random chances.
Do you feel the same way about seat belts? Vaccinations? What about playing in the rain when there's a lot of lightning going on? Jw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
(to Arus) You know darn well that the statement "to not bear children" was used in this thread as a substitute for an abortion.
How do you figure? I didn't know you were talking about abortion when you said "deciding not to bear children", because the two simply are not synonyms. You can't blame us for your lack of communication skills...
 
Old 06-19-2013, 12:17 AM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,351,104 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
No, because sex does not always lead to a pregnancy.
Same with birth control. BC doesn't work 100%, it just adds another layer to from pregnancy from happening.

So your logic, again fails dramatically.

Quote:
Yes, having a vasectomony and having your tubes tied should be illegal as well.
So, men who are 65 years of age or older, who wish to continue to have active sex lives, who do not want to get women (or their wife) pregnant at that age, shouldn't be allowed to do so because you say so?

Same for women, who are 60+ who do not wish to get pregnant, but want to continue to have healthy sex lives, shouldn't be allowed to do so, because you say so?

Again, your logic fails dramatically.

Quote:
You know darn well that the statement "to not bear children" was used in this thread as a substitute for an abortion.
No I didn't. It's not our problem that you have a failure in your ability to communicate exactly what you mean.

And you still fail dramatically.
 
Old 06-19-2013, 12:23 AM
 
1,519 posts, read 1,060,855 times
Reputation: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
No, because sex does not always lead to a pregnancy. If the random chance works out in your favor, fine, but you shouldn't be allowed to do anything to influence those random chances.

Yes, having a vasectomony and having your tubes tied should be illegal as well.
Not even counting days, eh?

Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top