Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hey that's great!

Now that my ten-year-old knows all about gay sex and abortion, I don't have to take on the responsibility of being a parent.
I take it you visited the website in question. Because you would never have a knee-jerk reaction. You pride yourself on your commitment to stating informed and knowledgeable opinions, right?

Old 06-18-2013, 11:01 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
Yes, Yes, that is the POINT! You're talking about what people should be doing but obviously from our teen pregnancy and abortion rates they are NOT.

Reality vs the fantasy you want to be reality.

If you did your job then why would your kids be interested in the website? So how does this really affect you or your family?

Also, aside from paying for the initial website to be set-up the cost to maintain the site is minimal! All you need is an administrative assistant with a little bit of html skills to pop in a new line or pic every once in a while.

This is called preventative care and the cost are minimal compared to what it cost for things like..free prenatal care...WIC and of course the costs once the child is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
No. Not the point. Those who have kids need to step up and teach their own kids. This is not a place for the government to interfere. Remember, keep the government out of bedrooms, off of bodies, etc.

This is another example of the government being where they shouldn't be.

Kids aren't inherently special until they actually prove they are, btw, mine included. Once again, parents need to step up and the government needs to quit wasting money where they shouldn't be.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who leaves their 10-year-old unsupervised?
No 10-year-old can possibly be supervised in every conversation they have at all times.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:08 AM

78 posts, read 53,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That pretty much sums up what it was like in my neighborhood in suburban Detroit in the mid-to-late 1980s. Adult magazines were eagerly prized at that age.

But in reality, that's just one kid's parents who screwed up.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:10 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
For destroying the morals of our children.

Its sickening to see what the progressive left have done to the moral fiber of our society.

HHS Website For Girls, 10 to 16, Informs Youth About Birth Control, Gay Sex,

good post, I agree - and 10 years old is a ridiculous age to start 'teaching' about this kind of stuff.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
YES.

Many girls begin to develop sexually during the 4th Grade. And begin buying bras. Discussing what changes will happen, what it means to them is important. 8-year olds should have some information. And by 10 years old, should be prepared for menstruation and be mature enough to handle information about birth control, homosexuality, and masturbation. Which is what the HHS website does. It's designed for girls, aged 10 to 16, to give them information about sex.

Menstruation does begin for many girls as early as 10 years old. And the trend in the United States has been for menstruation to begin starting earlier and earlier. So, yes, this information needs to be available to girls as early as 8 years old. It can be quite traumatizing for a girl to start her period and not know what is happening.

So as SOON as you begin to develop sexually, you should be sexually active?

That is HORRIBLE!

A 10-year old has no need for most of that stuff.

Why not just have sex ed in kindergarten while you are at it!

Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
why have it at all?

it should be something the parents teach or get learnt off the other kids at school.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes its your job. But there are hundreds of other parents who do nothing to teach their kids anything about sex,

Or are too entrenched in their religious dogma, that sex education and birth control cannot be discussed.

so for every one of you there are hundreds who do not do the same as you.

If I had children, I would disown them if I EVER found out they used birth control.

Birth control should be punishable by death. It is despicable and prevents human life from occurring.

It should at least be the same penalty as murdering someone in cold blood.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
But in reality, that's just one kid's parents who screwed up.
Not just one, and furthermore I don't think having adult magazines in the home is screwing anything up for anyone.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Yep becauase guess what? Someone in their class or a grade above them already knows about sex and you don't want your children poisoned with mis-information. Who knows what kids see online, on t.v, or hear on the radio these days? Unless you home school and keep them with you 24/7 you have no idea or control over what your kids are exposed to.

lol, so you should let your parenting style be governed by those who are too lazy to be real parents?

Oh that makes TOTAL sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies