Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times

Advertisements

So does anyone here have a problem with something that is actually in the website?

And is there any evidence to suggest exposure to any of the information therein (e.g., birth control) is harmful to the youth in any way?

...Now what about evidence to suggest that not being informed about birth control is harmful?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:31 PM

78 posts, read 54,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Miracette is a birth control pill. I took it for years, even though accidental pregnancy is impossible for me.
Both my doctor and I called it a birth control pill, because that is what it is marketed as.

*Sigh*...it's sad to see that marketing actually controls how people define terms.

I suppose you think a windfall tax also raises taxes right?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, women should be free to bear children or not as they see fit even if their decision upsets you. The government isn't the right's mommy, so the fact that something upsets the right isn't reason to make it illegal.

The decision to not bear children is murder.

It is the equivalent of taking a 2-week old baby and throwing him/her into a wall.

So you can see why I find it so sickening.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua84 View Post
so not having children is murder? How da heck does that make any sense?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Uh, dude, that's what they are doing. They are calling a hypertension drug a male enhancement drug, because the makers of the DRUG saw that it could make more MONEY selling it as a male enhancement drug. It still a drug that can be used for hypertension and angina (as well as for altitude sickness, and can be used safely as a recreational drug, jet lag, floral use - 1 tablet can extend the "freshness" of a boquet of flowers in water, sports - athletes believe that it opens up their blood vessels to allow more blood flow through their bodies)

So because something makes more money means it's OK to change the definition?

No, that's LYING!

If it's original purpose is for hypertension, then that is its function.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
so not having children is murder? How da heck does that make any sense?

Because, without any intervention, the process would produce a child.

To interfere with said process is robbing that child a chance to be born.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Where? In which American state is having children mandatory?

Quote:
It is the equivalent of taking a 2-week old baby and throwing him/her into a wall.
Well, I worked in Dr. Morgantaler's Edmonton clinic as a security guard as it was being built and for a while after it opened. I think I'd have noticed this. So I'll beg to differ.

Quote:
So you can see why I find it so sickening.
Sure, but so what? You don't like it. We get it. Fine. But again, so what? No one is asking you to like it, just acknowledge the fact that your distaste doesn't justify forcing women to bear children against their will.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
So because something makes more money means it's OK to change the definition?
NOthing is being changed. Or are you of the thought that medicine developed only has one use and one use only?

OR do you forget that asprin was always marketed as a pain reliever and since the 70's, its been marketed as a means to reduce heart attack risks and that it can be used during a heart attack.

All medicine lists what it can be used for, and what the main use is for.

Birth control is used for BIRTH control, but it has other uses as well.

Quote:
No, that's LYING!
Your fake outrage is noted.

Quote:
If it's original purpose is for hypertension, then that is its function.

then you better tell Pfizer that they've been lying all this time. Funny how the FTC and the FDA don't mind them marketing it as a male enhancement medicine (because, it is)

Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Because, without any intervention, the process would produce a child.
so those practicing abstinence are murders. There is no man-made intervention. People choose to not have sex in that instance.

So are priests murderers?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
so those practicing abstinence are murders. There is no man-made intervention. People choose to not have sex in that instance.

So are priests murderers?

Since no sex is performed, the process has not begun.

To use an analogy, having an abortion is like cheating on a test and then asking for a retest, so that you can pretend you never cheated.

What you are saying is that if someone takes the test fairly that somehow they cheated anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies