Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I guess you really hate the poor, huh?
I guess you hate the rich, huh?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is amazing when a poster ostensibly reads a post, and responds to that post and yet in the response doesn't actually address anything written in the post they are making response.

I didn't write about waiting for money.

Minimum increases are not a wash. There is mixed data about price increases.

In sum, these results provide mixed evidence that higher minimum wages result in higher fast-food prices.

http://davidcard.berkeley.edu/papers/njmin-aer.pdf
If the data is "mixed" then why not increase the minimum wage to $20 an hour?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Liberals like to redistribute income downward. Conservatives like to redistribute income upward.

A pox on both their houses.
Not really. True conservatives believe in letting the marketplace be the final arbiter as to prices and wages. Also we object to corporate welfare and subsidies just as much as we do most entitlement programs which encourage the persistence of a permanent underclass with the said sense of entitlement. Most of us support a flat tax. All the way around.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I guess you really hate the poor, huh?
I do. I hate those "poor" people! Stick 'em all in concentration camps!

Gawd, how pathetic! Do you (and those of your ilk) have no shame at all in your silly left-wing accusations? Are you really that full of yourself and your sense of moral superiority? How dare the conservative outlook be supporting policies that encourage the "poor" (most of whom do not remain poor long, anyway) to become self-sufficient. Perish the thought...

Last edited by TexasReb; 06-05-2013 at 11:06 AM..

Old 06-05-2013, 10:54 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
If the data is "mixed" then why not increase the minimum wage to $20 an hour?
Why should there be a federal minimum wage in the first place? With the varied cost of living throughout the U.S., this is an issue that should be left totally up to the individual states.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:03 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Not really. True conservatives believe in letting the marketplace be the final arbiter as to prices and wages. Also we object to corporate welfare and subsidies just as much as we do most entitlement programs which encourage the persistence of a permanent underclass with the said sense of entitlement. Most of us support a flat tax. All the way around.
The liberal democrats in power want to use the IRS to defund the american people to give to corporate cronies. They are using the poor and the liberal media as their army.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I guess you hate the rich, huh?
I have no problem with the rich.

But most Americans want the rich to pay their "fair share".

That is why someone like Obama could be elected twice.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:36 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:

True conservatives generally support regressive taxes and also generally support government protections for incumbent property owners (e.g. zoning, tax breaks for homeowners) which have the effect of redistributing income (generally upward) from renters to owners. Conservatives prefer sales taxes (which tend to be regressive) to income taxes (which often are not regressive) and especially like to trade sales tax increases for property tax cuts - a guaranteed way to redistribute income from renters to owners.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:52 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
I do. I hate those "poor" people! Stick 'em all in concentration camps!

Gawd, how pathetic! Do you (and those of your ilk) have no shame at all in your silly left-wing accusations? Are you really that full of yourself and your sense of moral superiority? How dare the conservative outlook be supporting policies that encourage the "poor" (most of whom do not remain poor long, anyway) to become self-sufficient. Perish the thought...

millions of low-wage workers remain low-wage workers throughout their working years. if they don't have kids they might not be poor but they're not middle class either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies