U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 04:06 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,655,095 times

Advertisements

If the GOP ever wants to win a national election again they will have to win the support of the poor.

(That includes the ever growing population of new, poor Latino immigrants and other poor minorities.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 04:10 AM

4,571 posts, read 2,908,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
If the GOP ever wants to win a national election again they will have to win the support of the poor.

(That includes the ever growing population of new, poor Latino immigrants and other poor minorities.)
so the democrat party institutes huge tax increases on the poor nonstop, and the GOP is the party that need to gain their trust?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:03 AM

33,046 posts, read 21,952,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Would never happen because the people who make the rules are rich, and their rich friends would buy them off - unless there's a loophole that can be taken advantage of.

You want fair taxation of the rich - tax everyone equally and remove all behavior considerations from the tax code. If you are over 18, you pay a fixed amount. Rich and poor are treated the same way. Don't try to achieve social and financial justice through the tax system. Taxes should be to fund the government budget only. Oh - we don't have a budget. They should get no money without an approved budget in place.

Only if a free market is allowed to exist in housing, and that will never happen.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
well its theft
And do you believe the guberment will actually pass the money down and not skim?

Zoning is theft. Quit redistributing income UPWARD.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Should students with high test scores give some to those who have low scores?

Scores are earned, wealth not so much.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:10 AM

29,605 posts, read 16,347,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Zoning is theft. Quit redistributing income UPWARD.
What thread are you on?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah, the punishment of the poor people, who in America are able to buy food, housing, utilities, and even cable television and internet with other people's money. Sorry, I've worked in the "poor" neighborhoods off and on throughout my adult life. When I went to a house in East St. Louis to fix the windshield on a BMW and saw the owner in a fast food restaurant uniform, I started to be suspicious. After I started installing cable in "poor" people's houses and had the joy of setting up the 60 inch flat screen television (twice as large as any television I've ever owned, and I'm a working man), I had no doubt that our system of dealing with the "poor" is fundamentally FUBAR.

Don't whine and cry about how badly the poor people in the United States are punished. I'm not buying it, and neither is anyone who has ever performed service work in "poor" neighborhoods.

??? I'm poor and I don't get other people's money. Who are these people?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What thread are you on?

I'm on the same thread you're on - you brought up theft so I merely gave a counterexample.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 AM

28,203 posts, read 15,327,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
To clear up your lies,

Carter- had no major defects.

Reagan- had huge deficits and debt (from lowering rich peoples tax rates.)
"THE REAGAN SUPPLY SIDE TAX CUTS"

Clinton- had huge surpluses, and he was paying down America's national debt (from reversing Reagan's supply side tax policies.)
AS RUSH/FOX SAYS "CLINTON WANTS TO PUNISH THE RICH."

GW Bush- turned Clintons surpluses into huge deficits and debt (by lowering rich people's taxes.)
"THE BUSH TAX CUTS."

Obama- has already cut GW Bush's debt growth rate in half.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

BRING IT !!!!
Bring what?

Presidents don't control budgets. True or false?

So you can't single out Reagan without taking the Democratic Congress into consideration - especially since they vote on the budgets. Same for Clinton and the Republican Congress.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Punishment?? For what??

Usually people are punished for misdeeds.

I am punished every day for being poor and unable to afford a decent, thief-free place to live. Recently a dirtbag stole $1,000 of my inventory from my room, but I can't prove which dirtbag did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or