Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:45 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times

Advertisements

You guys need to do a little research about what group is the most generous and volunteers most. Five minutes on Google and I can guarantee you it is not the liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's a good question. I think comes down to right wingers are lazy and don't feel the need to help others. They think those in need are a bunch of scumbags.

Typically the most ignorant answer on the thread.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Conservatives are busy doing good in the volunteer programs, they don't find it neccesary to talk politics - feeding hungry people, providing homes for kids without families, assisting those affected by disasters, ect... speak louder than political platitudes.

The question is then why do you feel it neccesary to combine politics with your volunteer work.

I don't - I just do what I can - and know that I have done good work.

What relevance does politics have to volunteerism?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:48 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You apparently have some very close minded, narrowly focused experience when it comes to volunteering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Statistics show conservatives donate about twice what liberals donate.
Conservatives and liberals differ in form, not level of giving.
Conservatives give to religious institutions more.

Who Really Gives? Partisanship and Charitable Giving in the United States by Michele Margolis, Michael Sances :: SSRN

Old 05-31-2013, 07:49 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
We've volunteered for meals on wheels around Christmas time for the last 12 years straight. Out of the hundreds, maybe thousands of elderly people that my family took meals to I don't think I've ever had anyone ask me if I was a conservative or liberal.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
The very first group to head to OK after the tornadoes was the Southern Baptist Mens Disaster Relief

Disaster Relief

Maybe you'd like to make a donation ?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-31-2013 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: hotlinking

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/op...stof.html?_r=0

Read what one of your liberals says about the difference.

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Conservatives are busy doing good in the volunteer programs, they don't find it neccesary to talk politics - feeding hungry people, providing homes for kids without families, assisting those affected by disasters, ect... speak louder than political platitudes.

The question is then why do you feel it neccesary to combine politics with your volunteer work.

I don't - I just do what I can - and know that I have done good work.

What relevance does politics have to volunteerism?
It's just something I have noticed and I wondered why. I don't talk politics, but you don't have to talk politics to understand a person's view on life.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
We've volunteered for meals on wheels around Christmas time for the last 12 years straight. Out of the hundreds, maybe thousands of elderly people that my family took meals to I don't think I've ever had anyone ask me if I was a conservative or liberal.
LOL - it makes one wonder if the OP would have rejected a meal if you delivered to him and he found out that you were a conservative.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:52 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Conservatives and liberals differ in form, not level of giving.
Conservatives give to religious institutions more.

Who Really Gives? Partisanship and Charitable Giving in the United States by Michele Margolis, Michael Sances :: SSRN
You ought to really read that study. What they basically found was that, if you remove the religious, they give equally. There wasn't even an comparison when you look at it in totality.

No doubt that a few self-appointed intellectual liberals wrote that study because they knew how stupid their base is.

You can download the study here:

Shameful, really, on so many parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies