Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 12:25 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,223,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Were teenagers killing other teenagers then?
Why does that matter. Killing is killing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 12:25 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,071,020 times
Quote:
Were teenagers killing other teenagers then?
Sure they were. Innocent people were getting killed too.

Murder is murder.

Prohibition ended, murder rates dropped.

It's not brain surgery.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 PM

370 posts, read 245,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is no denying that Chicago has issues. However, why is it that Chicago gets singled out in particular? Why do people talk about Chicago more than anywhere else? Ask yourself that.

People talk about crime everywhere...every day. Every city..every state.
chicago has one of the highest crime rates in america and has a special demographic to go along with that...you think people don't notice or won't discuss it?

Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,892,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Why does that matter. Killing is killing.
He said that it was "just as bad".

I think that a community that has kids killing each other rather than becoming educated is worse than an era when adults were mostly the only ones involved in the violence.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,999,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
You're trying to deflect.
No one said chicago and detroit are the same. They have a crime problem in common with each other....as does every city I mentioned.
No, I was referring about another member who was trying to say Chicago and Detroit were the same. Though the two cities might have the same type of crime problems, the huge difference is Chicago have a thriving economy and all of the neighborhoods except for a few target bad neighborhoods are healthy. Detroit overall is a struggling city with more problem areas than healthy areas.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Prohibition ended, murder rates dropped.

It's not brain surgery.

The drug war should be ended.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:29 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,071,020 times
I'm just so sick of Americans acting as if our problems are some epidemic, somehow new, or beyond reason as to how they occur.

It's because WE ARE NOT ADDRESSING OUR PROBLEMS AS A COUNTRY.

This is nothing new. It's an old problem that has surfaced again with new players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I was referring about another member who was trying to say Chicago and Detroit were the same. Though the two cities might have the same type of crime problems, the huge difference is Chicago have a thriving economy and all of the neighborhoods except for a few target bad neighborhoods are healthy. Detroit overall is a struggling city with more problem areas than healthy areas.
Yes, and I responded to you and made it clear that I did not consider to Chicago or Deetroit to be the same.
Did you somehow miss that one.

I will go do your homework for you (sigh) and post it again.

Quote:
I didn't compare them as being as the same.

I said that Chicago is a disaster and before long it will become Detroit.

If something can become something else in the future, then it cannot be the same as that at the present.

This is simple logic.

Put another way - Detroit is in somewhat of a post-disaster state.

Chicago still has time to save itself.

1,466 posts, read 1,223,595 times
Quote:
He said that it was "just as bad".

I think that a community that has kids killing each other rather than becoming educated is worse than an era when adults were mostly the only ones involved in the violence.
Meh, it's pretty much the same to me. All of the murder wouldn't be any better just because these teenagers waited a few more years.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:30 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,501,755 times
The Chicago issue for a decade now has been about drugs. That's it. Take away the drugs, and suddenly crime plummets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies