U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 16 days ago)
 
48,259 posts, read 45,539,506 times
Reputation: 15354

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
People talk about crime everywhere...every day. Every city..every state.
chicago has one of the highest crime rates in america and has a special demographic to go along with that...you think people don't notice or won't discuss it?
But there are cities worse of than Chicago, like Baltimore. Chicago is being singled out because the President once lived there. That is why. If he had never worked there, Chicago wouldn't be mentioned nearly as much. Very few mentions Baltimore outside of the Baltimore forum, as far as I know. However, there are ample mentions of Chicago.

And I know where you're going with this, and your agenda. It isn't so much no one will talk about it, but the manner of talking about it. No problem solving is being offered. The only tone I hear(not words, but TONE) is "avoid those people". I know people are discussing it. However, the only reason alot of people are discussing it is out of resentment towards Black people at large. I know where you're going with this. I know you're obsessed with race and have a resentment towards Blacks. You aren't saying it out in front, but I can tell by the way you say things, your tone, and how much you talk about it. If you don't have any solutions to offer, then I don't think discussing it would be a wise idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,048,483 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you don't have any solutions to offer, then I don't think discussing it would be a wise idea.
How can anyone implement solutions if they don't first address the root of the problem - mothers having children out of wedlock, lack of present fathers, apathy toward education, and a misguided drug war, the first three which are predominately a feature of and the last disproportionately affects, a certain demographic which too many people in this forum are reluctant to truthfully identify because it isn't politically correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Chicago
1,466 posts, read 1,041,104 times
Reputation: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How can anyone implement solutions if they don't first address the root of the problem - mothers having children out of wedlock, lack of present fathers, apathy toward education, and a misguided drug war, the first three which are predominately a feature of and the last disproportionately affects, a certain demographic which too many people in this forum are reluctant to truthfully identify?
Apparently you are too afraid to identify the demographic too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 16 days ago)
 
48,259 posts, read 45,539,506 times
Reputation: 15354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How can anyone implement solutions if they don't first address the root of the problem - lack of present fathers, apathy toward education, and a misguided drug war, the first two which are predominately a feature of and the second disproportionately effects, a certain demographic which too many people in this forum are reluctant to truthfully identify?
We both know that fatherless households, the drug war, and poor education doesn't help. However, I was responding to someone who was discussing this issue, not from the perspective of the causes, but rather, the tone of "Black people are inherently violent so avoid them". The person I was responding to was not looking for solutions. I think we all know that there are alot of issues disproportionately affecting Blacks in the inner cities, and low income Black Americans. However, I'm dealing with people whose tone(not so much their words, but the tone) is basically "Black in general are like this". That is what I have a problem with. That is why I mentioned finding solutions. I felt like the idea was that some people were not interested in finding solutions, but to justify their own prejudice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:17 PM
 
Location: N 30° W 89°
370 posts, read 203,804 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Chicago is being singled out because the President once lived there. That is why. If he had never worked there, Chicago wouldn't be mentioned nearly as much.
Ok, have it your way. Prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Very few mentions Baltimore outside of the Baltimore forum, as far as I know. However, there are ample mentions of Chicago.
No one talks about baltimore, huh?..ever?...sure..whatever you say...
Your perception is skewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And I know where you're going with this, and your agenda.
Really? Do tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't so much no one will talk about it, but the manner of talking about it. No problem solving is being offered. The only tone I hear(not words, but TONE) is "avoid those people".
Oh...I see..the "tone" of the conversation isn't to your liking..ok...Well, that's on you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know people are discussing it. However, the only reason alot of people are discussing it is out of resentment towards Black people at large.
Prove it. Link? Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know where you're going with this.
Oh you do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know you're obsessed with race and have a resentment towards Blacks.
You just "know" these things? Sure...sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You aren't saying it out in front, but I can tell by the way you say things, your tone, and how much you talk about it.
Oh...right...you can just "tell". LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you don't have any solutions to offer, then I don't think discussing it would be a wise idea.
Really? it wouldn't be "wise"? Why is that?

So far you have no facts...mostly a lot of "feelings" and things you just "know" with no proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,048,483 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We both know that fatherless households, the drug war, and poor education doesn't help. However, I was responding to someone who was discussing this issue, not from the perspective of the causes, but rather, the tone of "Black people are inherently violent so avoid them". The person I was responding to was not looking for solutions. I think we all know that there are alot of issues disproportionately affecting Blacks in the inner cities, and low income Black Americans. However, I'm dealing with people whose tone(not so much their words, but the tone) is basically "Black in general are like this". That is what I have a problem with. That is why I mentioned finding solutions. I felt like the idea was that some people were not interested in finding solutions, but to justify their own prejudice.
O.K., I see where you are coming from.

I certainly don't agree with the people whom you are addressing, and it is sad that they aren't interested in solutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 16 days ago)
 
48,259 posts, read 45,539,506 times
Reputation: 15354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
O.K., I see where you are coming from.

I certainly don't agree with the people whom you are addressing, and it is sad that they aren't interested in solutions.
At least we can agree on something. That was all I wanted to say. I've also called it out. I care about WHY it is being brought up. If it is being brought up simple as a way to disparage Blacks, then there is no productive dialogue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 PM
 
Location: N 30° W 89°
370 posts, read 203,804 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
At least we can agree on something. That was all I wanted to say. I've also called it out. I care about WHY it is being brought up. If it is being brought up simple as a way to disparage Blacks, then there is no productive dialogue.

So observing and commenting on the fact that "blacks" commit a disproportionate amount of crime is disparaging to "blacks"?

Not the fact that they actually COMMIT the most crime...we just shouldn't be allowed to NOTICE it....

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-01-2013 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 16 days ago)
 
48,259 posts, read 45,539,506 times
Reputation: 15354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Ok, have it your way. Prove it.


No one talks about baltimore, huh?..ever?...sure..whatever you say...
Your perception is skewed.



Really? Do tell.


Oh...I see..the "tone" of the conversation isn't to your liking..ok...Well, that's on you.



Prove it. Link? Source?


Oh you do?

You just "know" these things? Sure...sure...


Oh...right...you can just "tell". LMAO


Really? it wouldn't be "wise"? Why is that?

So far you have no facts...mostly a lot of "feelings" and things you just "know" with no proof.
I never said no one talks about Baltimore. I said it was discussed much less than Chicago.

And proof? I've seen your other posts and it concludes that you have an obsession about race. You talking about ME having "feelings", why else would you be obsessed about race, if it didn't have anything to do with your feelings?

I care about WHY you discuss such topics because if you aren't discussing this topic in order to provide solutions, and you are just trying to "blame Blacks", then you aren't providing any productive dialogue. There are other people on here discussing certain issues such as fatherless households, the drug war, and education, trying to discuss productive solutions. When I said "it wouldn't be wise", I was talking about WHY you were discussing this in the first place. If one is not interested in finding solutions, then why do you want to discuss the topic of race? Why the obsession? What is your motive if not to find solutions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 16 days ago)
 
48,259 posts, read 45,539,506 times
Reputation: 15354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
So observing and commenting on the fact that "blacks" commit a disproportionate amount of crime is disparaging to "blacks"?

Not the fact that they actually COMMIT the most crime...we just shouldn't be allowed to NOTICE it....

LMAO...and let me guess..you're "black", right?
It isn't about NOTICING, it is about WHY you are bringing it up. Usually. most people who bring up race have a reason, an agenda for doing so. When you say "Blacks", I ask "Which segment of the Black population"? Why? Because it isn't Bill Cosby or his children involved in crime. I ask because I have to wonder if you are trying to generalize the entire Black population as "criminally inclined".

And your last sentence, I'm guessing by the way you worded this, this was meant to be an attack. Why else would you say "let me guess, you're black' "?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:40 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top