U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 01:05 PM

48,296 posts, read 45,587,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, since people, {mentors} feel better about being paid for their time to try to keep school aged children out of gangs, there's probably a lack thereof. School districts hire people to try to get kids from being sucked in, but if funding dries up, you have nothing.

I touched upon some other points earlier in a long drivel, possibly 3 pages back.

To answer the question why. I don't really know. Growing up in Chicago, I was almost in a gang, as a member of the popes. But, that was back in the day when youngsters used fists, rocks and sticks to fight with, it's much different today. I learned one thing about fighting back against becoming a member, never to turn your back on anyone you didn't trust, and always look over your shoulder.

I might add that Chicago's population wasn't what it is today, and it seemed as if there were more police walking beats during those days too. Maybe that's a part of the puzzle, step up foot and bicycle patrols.
Lack of role models does not help. Greed doesn't help either.

Having to look over your shoulder would be quite scary. What kept you from joining?

More police involvement might help. From what I have heard, the police often don't go to some neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 01:06 PM

370 posts, read 204,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why else would you bring up "Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime" while ignoring the causes of committing crime?
What are the causes? How did those conditions occur? Whose fault is it?

Quote:
Why are you obsessed about race? I've asked over and over.
We're talking about crime in america.
A certain race commits more crime than any other. To notice that and comment on it doesn't equal "obsession"...Acknowledging reality isn't "obsession".

Old 06-01-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
What are the causes? How did those conditions occur? Whose fault is it?
I've mentioned them already.

Quote:
We're talking about crime in america.
A certain race commits more crime than any other. To notice that and comment on it doesn't equal "obsession"...Acknowledging reality isn't "obsession".
I know we are talking about crime in America. The reality is that when it comes to crimes committed by Blacks, it doesn't exist among every Black person. It exists within a certain segment of the Black population, where most of the social ills are taking place. Those social ills and crime are related. It has nothing to do with "acknowledgement'. When you comment on it over and over, and all you do is bring up Blacks, then it is an obsession. When all a person does is bring up Black people and crime, there has to be a reason why, one that goes beyond "reality". There is an agenda involved. Why is it that YOU don't look at the causes of why crime is taking place within a certain segment of the Black population?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:21 PM

47,573 posts, read 60,710,438 times
Quote:
Lack of role models does not help. Greed doesn't help either.

Having to look over your shoulder would be quite scary. What kept you from joining?

More police involvement might help. From what I have heard, the police often don't go to some neighborhoods.
Nor do drugs help. The government pretty much allows certain neighborhoods and Indian reservations to be targetted by the drug traffickers. The Mexican cartels have easy access to Chicago, and they can bring in poison in that they like that will addict the users so bad, they would't think twice about robbing even their own grandmothers for money to get their next hit.

We're also an extremely drugged up society, but some neighborhoods are seeing incredibly harmful drugs that are meant to destroy lives. The cartels are getting extremely rich by pushing drugs that are extremely addictive and to children.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Nor do drugs help. The government pretty much allows certain neighborhoods and Indian reservations to be targetted by the drug traffickers. The Mexican cartels have easy access to Chicago, and they can bring in poison in that they like that will addict the users so bad, they would't think twice about robbing even their own grandmothers for money to get their next hit.

We're also an extremely drugged up society, but some neighborhoods are seeing incredibly harmful drugs that are meant to destroy lives. The cartels are getting extremely rich by pushing drugs that are extremely addictive and to children.
Drugs do not help. I agree that using drugs is a bad idea. That being said, the drug war has not done a thing to help the Black community. It has only result in more problems.

One thing about the drug dealing is this. There are considerable number of Black people dealing drugs, but they aren't the ones shipping it. The drugs are being shipped in from Mexico. Drugs have also been shipped in from South America.

Drugs do some horrible things. So far, the way it has been handled, it hasn't worked. It makes one wonder this. Why so some people use drugs in the first place? If people didn't use drugs, then the demand for them would go down and then that would curtail the problem. So far, prison hasn't solved that problem.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:25 PM

370 posts, read 204,134 times
Quote:
I've mentioned them already.
..and they can only be corrected by whom? Who is responsible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner
The reality is that when it comes to crimes committed by Blacks, it doesn't exist among every Black person.
Straw man.
No one said it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner
Why is it that YOU don't look at the causes of why crime is taking place within a certain segment of the Black population?
There are many theories. What are yours? Whose fault is it?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
..and they can only be corrected by whom? Who is responsible?

Straw man.
No one said it did.

There are many theories. What are yours? Whose fault is it?
I would suggest you read this: Black Rednecks & White Liberals
Black Rednecks and White Liberals: Who's a Redneck? - Capitalism Magazine
Black Rednecks & White Liberals

And watch this:

Q&A: Thomas Sowell 5 of 7 - YouTube

Old 06-01-2013, 01:38 PM

15,849 posts, read 30,401,488 times
Let them kill each other and save the cops the trouble.

And taxpayers the money for their incarceration.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-01-2013, 01:45 PM

29,124 posts, read 22,072,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
You don't get to define the terms, assign "motives" and frame the argument to suit yourself.

I have no "obsessions". Your bias is showing.
I provide facts and cite sources. You describe your "feelings" and things you just "know" to be true.

I only "blame blacks" for the things they do...who should I blame?
You are missing the point.

Are you really looking for solutions or are you just engaging in fingerpointing?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are missing the point.

Are you really looking for solutions or are you just engaging in fingerpointing?
I think said person isn't interested in solutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or