U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 02:05 PM

46,053 posts, read 29,560,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Do "blacks" commit a disproportionate amount of crime compared to their representation in the population? Can you answer that?
My "motives" are truth and transparency. What are yours?
The color of someone's skin isn't the reason why someone commits a crime, one has to look at a person's motive to better understand why before trying to address the real issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 PM

48,277 posts, read 45,557,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The color of someone's skin isn't the reason why someone commits a crime, one has to look at a person's motive to better understand why before trying to address the real issues.
I've been trying to say that all day. However, it falls on deaf ears.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 PM

370 posts, read 203,938 times
I wait hopefully that you guys, and people like you will rise up from the shadows an lead places like Detroit, Gary, Compton, Watts, Harlem, Memphis, Birmingham, New Orleans, Chicago, St. Louis, etc... into returning to being prosperous places where people want to live instead of fleeing.
I long for the day when my tax dollars no longer go into the never ending maw of Somalia or Haiti, when my nation is no longer bankrupt funding a population who prefers crime over work.

Let them prove me wrong by becoming productive law biding citizens who do no not need affirmative action or welfare.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I wait hopefully that you guys, and people like you will rise up from the shadows an lead places like Detroit, Gary, Compton, Watts, Harlem, Memphis, Birmingham, New Orleans, Chicago, St. Louis, etc... into returning to being prosperous places where people want to live instead of fleeing.
I long for the day when my tax dollars no longer go into the never ending maw of Somalia or Haiti, when my nation is no longer bankrupt funding a population who prefers crime over work.

Let them prove me wrong by becoming productive law biding citizens who do no not need affirmative action or welfare.
So your agenda seeps through. You have a problem with Black people and you resent them.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

red herring.

No. one. said. skin. color. causes. crime.

We HAVE noticed that black people are more criminal, though.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So your agenda seeps through. You have a problem with Black people and you resent them.

hahahah..yeah..my agenda...go to school. get a job. get married. buy a house.raise your kids. assimilate. stop committing so much crime.

What a hateful and racist agenda I have, huh?

Old 06-01-2013, 02:29 PM

937 posts, read 952,946 times
Quote:

Do you voice the same concerns about legacy candidates and rich persons, such as Bush, who received everything from mommy and daddy?

Old 06-01-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
hahahah..yeah..my agenda...go to school. get a job. get married. buy a house.raise your kids. assimilate. stop committing so much crime.

What a hateful and racist agenda I have, huh?
All I have seen you do is complain about Black people.

And by the way, I have never committed any crime, I don't have any kids out of wedlock, I have a college education, I'm looking for a job and trying to weather this economy, so you can't speak for me.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:32 PM

937 posts, read 952,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He falsely believes that skin color determines behavior. In reality, it's community socialization which determines overall behavioral traits and one's identity.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
He falsely believes that skin color determines behavior. In reality, it's community socialization which determines overall behavioral traits and one's identity.
I feel the same way about the situation. I've read some of his posts and I can say that I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or