U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,514,457 times
Reputation: 7830

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I'm talking about guys like King Bloomberg, Rahm Emanuel and men of that ilk who live in gated, guarded (heavily) communities.
Bloomberg lives in a townhouse on 79th St, hardly a heavily guarded gated community, and Rahm lives in a house on Hermitage Avenue in Ravenswood, another neighborhood that is far from being a gated heavily guarded community.

You really need to get out of this fantasy world and live in reality. Just because you paint images of these people in your head doesn't mean they function the same way in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM
 
Location: East St. Paul 651 forever (or North St. Paul) .
2,869 posts, read 2,829,276 times
Reputation: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Bloomberg lives in a townhouse on 79th St, hardly a heavily guarded gated community, and Rahm lives in a house on Hermitage Avenue in Ravenswood, another neighborhood that is far from being a gated heavily guarded community.

You really need to get out of this fantasy world and live in reality. Just because you paint images of these people in your head doesn't mean they function the same way in real life.
Yes? Well do you know that Bloomberg has an entourage of at least half a dozen armed (with automatic weapons, no less) guards and he rocks a bullet proof vest - an item he also wants to ban?

He's not going to live in an area where anyone can get to him as one of the wealthiest men on the face of the earth and passing all the nutty laws he does. As sick and twisted as that guy is, he's no dummy. The same goes for Rahm who's a millionaire as well.

This is factual information.

A guy who spent $102M dollars to purchase his governorship is simply not like me, not even close: Bloomberg Spent $102 Million to Win 3rd Term - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,514,457 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Yes? Well do you know that Bloomberg has an entourage of at least half a dozen armed (with automatic weapons, no less) guards and he rocks a bullet proof vest - an item he also wants to ban?

He's not going to live in an area where anyone can get to him as one of the wealthiest men on the face of the earth and passing all the nutty laws he does. As sick and twisted as that guy is, he's no dummy. The same goes for Rahm who's a millionaire as well.

This is factual information.

A guy who spent $102M dollars to purchase his governorship is simply not like me, not even close: Bloomberg Spent $102 Million to Win 3rd Term - NYTimes.com
So you are upset that they are both rich? Or are you upset that I pointed out that they both live in normal areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 10:55 PM
 
Location: East St. Paul 651 forever (or North St. Paul) .
2,869 posts, read 2,829,276 times
Reputation: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are upset that they are both rich? Or are you upset that I pointed out that they both live in normal areas?
I'm upset that they're complete and utter hypocrites who pass the most asinine, controlling legislation and are surrounded by body guards with Uzis, that's what I'm upset about.

I am also TERRIBLY troubled by Bloomberg's purchasing of one of the most powerful positions in America, if not the planet. That really sticks in my craw and is very, very disturbing.

If you aren't troubled by that, well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,514,457 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I'm upset that they're complete and utter hypocrites who pass the most asinine, controlling legislation and are surrounded by body guards with Uzis, that's what I'm upset about.

I am also TERRIBLY troubled by Bloomberg's purchasing of one of the most powerful positions in America, if not the planet. That really sticks in my craw and is very, very disturbing.

If you aren't troubled by that, well...
Sounds like you need to take a walk outside and calm down a little bit before you have a heart attack.

I wouldn't consider the mayor of NYC to be one of the most powerful positions in America, if not the planet....that is a bit of an exaggeration, at the end of the day, he is still just a mayor. Also, a number of cities allow for more than two terms. I do think it was a dirty thing to change the rules and then change it back again after getting a third term, but that is life sometimes and his third term is coming to an end, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. As they say, what is done is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2013, 12:22 AM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,988,252 times
Reputation: 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I seriously believe he thinks race makes a person more criminal. I haven't heard anything further from said person after you asked this question.
That's because mommy came home from work and caught him masturbating to internet porn sites again, notice what's missing after about 4:00 P.M.?

I also see the OP came by and stuck another barb into the discussion. I love how these trolls begin threads, disappear momentarily, then come back to lob an insult or two. The OP hates black on black crime so much, he/she never added anything positive to the discussion, might just hate blacks?

The internet troll which entered and kept the conversation going, the one that disappeared at 4:00 P.M. yesterday hates affirmative action.

You have to wonder who these socks are? Seems there's a racist thread every-other day on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2013, 03:34 AM
 
7,315 posts, read 3,770,551 times
Reputation: 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's what I was getting at ha ha.




Why not follow the models that other countries have used to battle addiction. Our model of locking all addicts and users up, except alcohol users, is totally bogus and has proven to be counter productive.

It's making all the wrong people rich and is doing nothing to help the real people in need, like the addicts.
I think it`s also worth noting that those "other countries" don`t let their losers have firearms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2013, 12:38 PM
 
415 posts, read 626,262 times
Reputation: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Chicago needs more Section 8 housing to spread the love into the nicer areas.
Why keep all the violence in just a few areas ?

trust me it has spread, north n south....they can pop up anywhere, and Da do ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2013, 12:42 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,658,853 times
Reputation: 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I'm upset that they're complete and utter hypocrites who pass the most asinine, controlling legislation and are surrounded by body guards with Uzis, that's what I'm upset about.

I am also TERRIBLY troubled by Bloomberg's purchasing of one of the most powerful positions in America, if not the planet. That really sticks in my craw and is very, very disturbing.

If you aren't troubled by that, well...
So in your mind elected officials should receive no further protection?

Is your name Wayne Tony Frank or something? Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 10 days ago)
 
48,086 posts, read 45,465,557 times
Reputation: 15326
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I think it`s also worth noting that those "other countries" don`t let their losers have firearms.
But somehow, criminals can get guns. Please remember that criminals don't obey laws, so if a nation says "no guns", that means nothing to a violent criminal who is intent on violence. Russia has stricter gun laws than the USA, and yet, the murder rate is much higher than the USA. The USA during the crack epidemic had a lower murder rate than Russia during the 1990s, when the murder rate got as high as 30 murders per 100,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top