Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:50 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,892,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
Chicago is a disaster in the making.
Close - it is a disaster.

Before long - it will become Detroit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 12:51 AM

688 posts, read 649,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhoggur View Post
The issue with this is that Hispanics commit statistically less crime than blacks but also are significantly poorer than blacks. Based off this I can assume the culprit is not poverty.
You've confused statistics with demographics... unless you've got a racist message, which won't work on me.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:08 AM

40,919 posts, read 48,852,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I bet folks in the DFW know so much about Chicago.....
I'm sure there are quite a few that do but since I don't I'm asking the question.
You don't see this type of Gang Drug war shootings in other major cities to the extent of Chicago.

Can you fill us in on the problem ? It's appears to be almost a Mexican Border style city.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:33 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,889,975 times
Quote:
The issue with this is that Hispanics commit statistically less crime than blacks but also are significantly poorer than blacks. Based off this I can assume the culprit is not poverty.
Would your excellency care to clue the rest of us in as to where you found this nugget of wisdom? Or are you just so incredibly cool that you just get to make whatever you want up?

BZZZZT!

I have magical Internet powers too, and I've just declared myself cooler than you could ever hope to be. Hispanics commit MORE crime than any other group. We just never hear about it because Obama is covering for them since he was actually not born in Kenya, but instead in Juarez. Hola, amigos! You read it here first!

Old 06-01-2013, 03:26 AM

744 posts, read 1,087,257 times
Chicago doesn't have a problem. Chicago is a great city. If you aren't involved in crime and drugs or don't live in the projects, the odds of you becoming a crime victim in Chicago is slim to none. In fact, Chicago ranks number 1 in the nation when it comes to influx of "downtown residents" (codespeak for yuppies and hipsters)

Chicago Leads U.S. Cities In Largest Influx Of Downtown Residents, U.S. Census Report Shows

The only reason hysterical, loony teabaggers rant and rave about Chicago is because Obama happened to begin his political career there...and not to mention the misleading hysterical headlines they are spoon-fed constantly by Faux News and Drudgereport. But then again, whining about non-issues seems to be the only thing conservatives are good at these days. I guess it beats finding a job.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:35 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,207,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
OK it's only Black gang wars killing each other so no big deal, right ?
People defend Chicago and say it's only a certain part of town.
Yes there may be worse in DC, NOLA, Detroit, Baltimore and a few others

You can deny but Chicago has a serious problem. Why is the drug wars so much worse there than many large cities ?

Gun Violence Rocks Chicago as 8 are Shot in One Day | News | BET
Wrong.
I no longer live in Chicago, but I can say this, it's not gang bangers killing gang bangers. Where did you get this crap from?

It would be great if gangbangers killed only their kind.

Are you trolling or what?
Quote:
Infant latest victim of deadly Chicago gang violence
Infant latest victim of deadly Chicago gang violence

Old 06-01-2013, 03:54 AM

688 posts, read 649,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
This is local news in every metro. Chicago is still a great city.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:03 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,207,211 times
Quote:
Chicago has more than one problem.

1) Its leaders are leftist and 2) It has a large black population 3) It's the most corrupt city in the whole country.

You can't blame it on one thing and one thing alone. It's a multitude of things that contribute to Chicago's sickness.
Ahhh, bring on that blacks are a problem. Hey, Einstein, did you know that Chicago has about the same amount of whites, blacks and Hispanics?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Chicago-Illinois.html

stop trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
This is local news in every metro. Chicago is still a great city.
OP seems to think that it's gangbangers killing gangbangers, I pointed out that it's not.
Did you have a point to convey?

Old 06-01-2013, 04:34 AM

45 posts, read 27,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
You've confused statistics with demographics... unless you've got a racist message, which won't work on me.
I'm not confusing statistics and demographics. I'm connecting the dots using scientific data collected by the government and drawing logical conclusions from them.

What on earth are you talking about? You're not one of those anti-science Republicans are you?

Old 06-01-2013, 04:37 AM

45 posts, read 27,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Ahhh, bring on that blacks are a problem. Hey, Einstein, did you know that Chicago has about the same amount of whites, blacks and Hispanics?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Chicago-Illinois.html

stop trolling.

OP seems to think that it's gangbangers killing gangbangers, I pointed out that it's not.
Did you have a point to convey?
The war like violence in Chicago, that's causing many police officers to commit suicide because they developed PTSD from working the streets of Chicago, is almost exclusively black violence. What's the point of even mentioning other demographics if they're not even a relevant factor to Chicagos violence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies