U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM

7,495 posts, read 9,775,386 times

Advertisements

Selective reading haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 AM

32,035 posts, read 36,689,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
OP probably has never been to Chicago, nor Mexico, except either the drug and hooker infested border towns or the cheesy tourist places.
You're so funny Don, you have no clue where I've been.

BTW, you calling Chicago a drug and hooker infested border town ?
Maybe it's those Canadian Gang bangers crossing the border that brings all the crime into Chicago.

Another BTW, Any American would have to be a severe FOOL to go anywhere into Mexico today.
Yes, they want you to think the resorts are all sunny and peachy.
Would you risk your families life by taking them into that War Zone ?

Old 06-19-2013, 08:41 AM

48,282 posts, read 45,557,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You ever heard of Al Capone Einstein?

Stupidity should not be tolerated.
Stupidity is stupidity no matter what ethnicity it is. We should be trying to find solutions to solve problems so that there will be safer communities.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 AM

13,266 posts, read 10,403,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Stupidity is stupidity no matter what ethnicity it is. We should be trying to find solutions to solve problems so that there will be safer communities.
The solutions are clear.

They're just not being spread to the masses. We might be informed here on city-data but the rest of the population is clueless. We have to do more to "wake up" the rest of the country. I'm beginning to do my part.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:10 PM

48,282 posts, read 45,557,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The solutions are clear.

They're just not being spread to the masses. We might be informed here on city-data but the rest of the population is clueless. We have to do more to "wake up" the rest of the country. I'm beginning to do my part.
There are solutions. Education and family are a few places to start. If the family unit is strong and stable, that can build from that. It starts with more skills. Alot of people who get involved in crime have low education attainment, and very often, no skills. It will require education being heavily emphasized. It will require the parents to do their job. It will require getting gangs off of the street.

In addition, alot of the crime is linked to the illicit drug trade. Should people use illicit drugs? No. However, locking people up for it isn't stopping people from shooting one another. Drugs are in demand and some people make money from it. Banning hang gun sales in Chicago hasn't worked. Some people just ship guns in from other places.

We either have to come up with some real solutions to solve real problems, or the problems would get solved under Singapore style government. And being that this is the USA, I do not think anyone would want to live under the kind of government that Singapore does. I sure wouldn't want it. We need to come up with implement smarter solutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or