U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:05 AM
 
Location: N 30° W 89°
370 posts, read 203,619 times
Reputation: 142

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
No. A gang member is a gang member first.
Yes, they're doing drugs or selling drugs, and weapons.
LMAO...duck, dodge, deflect and try to distract...

....what are the demographics of the criminals committing the crimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,032,738 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
LMAO...duck, dodge, deflect and try to distract...

....what are the demographics of the criminals committing the crimes?
NJM will say "young and male".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:08 AM
 
Location: N 30° W 89°
370 posts, read 203,619 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
NJM will say "young and male".
hahahaha....good one.
The more they avoid it, though, the more obvious it becomes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Chicago
1,466 posts, read 1,040,223 times
Reputation: 516
The majority are black or hispanic. That wasn't hard. It's not racist, it's a stat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 11 days ago)
 
48,103 posts, read 45,475,380 times
Reputation: 15330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
OK it's only Black gang wars killing each other so no big deal, right ?
People defend Chicago and say it's only a certain part of town.
Yes there may be worse in DC, NOLA, Detroit, Baltimore and a few others

You can deny but Chicago has a serious problem. Why is the drug wars so much worse there than many large cities ?

Gun Violence Rocks Chicago as 8 are Shot in One Day | News | BET
There is no denying that Chicago has issues. However, why is it that Chicago gets singled out in particular? Why do people talk about Chicago more than anywhere else? Ask yourself that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:15 AM
 
415 posts, read 626,384 times
Reputation: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This is a story that has been covered in here before, it isn't something new that just happened. Does Chicago have a crime issue in parts of its city? Sure, but they also only effect a small portion of Chicago which makes it easier for the people there to ignore.
wrong''' since the projects have been torn down, it scatered the scum like cockroaches when the lights come on....(Thanks Daley ) I was born n raised on the south side of Chicago..Yes in the old days you knew what areas to stay out of.. not any MORE''

Me and my wife Use to go to things like the taste of chitcago all the time...but now that we have Kids, you couldn't pay me, I have a masters in street smarts, but little good that will do you if your out with your little ones at a Chicago beach or leaving the taste and bangers target you...can pop up any time any place..

now you can be mob attacked walking down Michigan ave, and their has been rapes in the loop..one was even in a empty court room... and shots fired out side the taste, and more mobs inland at the ford city mall, ect ect...lol, police shut down chicago lake front beaches last summer, said they did it because it was to hot...then the 911 tapes got out, Bangers on the beach was beating up family's and taking their stuff..
this late in the game, I belive it would do more to empty all the guns n ammo and the drugs in police evidence rooms and wait till a nice Hot weekend and then go fly dump piles of guns on a few street corners then the drugs on several other street corners and then all the ammo on a few more street corners, then just go stand down...

the Night of Obama's inauguration party in the park down town, I was at work that night' also in the Loop, I brought my police scanner with me (i use to tow for the PD when young ) and it was mind blowing to hear all the calls of shots fired in the city, and at one point a Sarge or watch commander came on the radio city wide and told all officers to stay off the side streets, their was to many calls of shots fired, yep told to stand down , because of gun fire....if i didn't hear it my self i wouldn't have believed it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Chicago
1,466 posts, read 1,040,223 times
Reputation: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
wrong''' since the projects have been torn down, it scatered the scum like cockroaches when the lights come on....(Thanks Daley ) I was born n raised on the south side of Chicago..Yes in the old days you knew what areas to stay out of.. not any MORE''

Me and my wife Use to go to things like the taste of chitcago all the time...but now that we have Kids, you couldn't pay me, I have a masters in street smarts, but little good that will do you if your out with your little ones at a Chicago beach or leaving the taste and bangers target you...can pop up any time any place..

now you can be mob attacked walking down Michigan ave, and their has been rapes in the loop..one was even in a empty court room... and shots fired out side the taste, and more mobs inland at the ford city mall, ect ect...lol, police shut down chicago lake front beaches last summer, said they did it because it was to hot...then the 911 tapes got out, Bangers on the beach was beating up family's and taking their stuff..
this late in the game, I belive it would do more to empty all the guns n ammo and the drugs in police evidence rooms and wait till a nice Hot weekend and then go fly dump piles of guns on a few street corners then the drugs on several other street corners and then all the ammo on a few more street corners, then just go stand down...

the Night of Obama's inauguration party in the park down town, I was at work that night' also in the Loop, I brought my police scanner with me (i use to tow for the PD when young ) and it was mind blowing to hear all the calls of shots fired in the city, and at one point a Sarge or watch commander came on the radio city wide and told all officers to stay off the side streets, their was to many calls of shots fired, yep told to stand down , because of gun fire....if i didn't hear it my self i wouldn't have believed it..
If you feel threatened on Michigan ave or the Taste, that's more on you than anything. I don't live in Chicago but I go there quite frequently, and I literally never feel unsafe. All it takes is some common sense about where to not go or when to not go somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 10,391,522 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
NJM will say "young and male".
Oh please, things were just as bad back during alcohol prohibition when it was the Italians and Irish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,032,738 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Oh please, things were just as bad back during alcohol prohibition when it was the Italians and Irish.
Were teenagers killing other teenagers then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:24 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 10,391,522 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
wrong''' since the projects have been torn down, it scatered the scum like cockroaches when the lights come on....(Thanks Daley ) I was born n raised on the south side of Chicago..Yes in the old days you knew what areas to stay out of.. not any MORE''

Me and my wife Use to go to things like the taste of chitcago all the time...but now that we have Kids, you couldn't pay me, I have a masters in street smarts, but little good that will do you if your out with your little ones at a Chicago beach or leaving the taste and bangers target you...can pop up any time any place..

now you can be mob attacked walking down Michigan ave, and their has been rapes in the loop..one was even in a empty court room... and shots fired out side the taste, and more mobs inland at the ford city mall, ect ect...lol, police shut down chicago lake front beaches last summer, said they did it because it was to hot...then the 911 tapes got out, Bangers on the beach was beating up family's and taking their stuff..
this late in the game, I belive it would do more to empty all the guns n ammo and the drugs in police evidence rooms and wait till a nice Hot weekend and then go fly dump piles of guns on a few street corners then the drugs on several other street corners and then all the ammo on a few more street corners, then just go stand down...

the Night of Obama's inauguration party in the park down town, I was at work that night' also in the Loop, I brought my police scanner with me (i use to tow for the PD when young ) and it was mind blowing to hear all the calls of shots fired in the city, and at one point a Sarge or watch commander came on the radio city wide and told all officers to stay off the side streets, their was to many calls of shots fired, yep told to stand down , because of gun fire....if i didn't hear it my self i wouldn't have believed it..
If your from the Southside you should already know the police are scared in some neighborhoods.


But honestly, to act as if "all of a sudden" things are outta control makes me suspect your motives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top