U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 11:41 PM

17,611 posts, read 18,976,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Yes, the difference is whether your white, black, or asian. THAT'S the difference.
The question is....what difference does having different skin color, hair texture, eye shape, hair color or eye color REALLY make?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

937 posts, read 949,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archon445 View Post
You seem to not understand how such a small variation in genetic differences has huge effects on biology. I've already stated this.

That .01% difference is big enough to have such an effect that an africans skull is shaped significantly differently than an asians skull.

In the world of Genes. .1% genetic difference is ENORMOUS.

This is what you're failing to understand sweetie.
Yes, .01 is enormous, that's why different "races" are able to produce viable mixed offspring right?

2,385 posts, read 3,807,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Obviously not, because I posted a link which showed that a woman who is dark and classified racially as black, can give birth to a baby who is light and by all measures classified by society as racially white.
haha no, what I said is true, no matter what color that baby was.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The question is....what difference does having different skin color, hair texture, eye shape, hair color or eye color REALLY make?
These people need to feel as though they are special. Therefore, the .01 difference that codes for skin color, hair texture and eye color makes a world of a difference to them. Very sad.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:45 PM

156 posts, read 93,196 times
Quote:
I never disputed the fact that humans share 99% of our genome with chimps. I pointed out however that between human beings, we share 99.9% of the same genome.
I've already explaind to you that .1% difference is enough to make a significant impact on our biology though.

In the world of Genetics .1% genetic variation is astronomically huge.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, .01 is enormous, that's why different "races" are able to produce viable mixed offspring right?
That's why different races look the way they do. That's why different races have different skull shapes for example. That's why...well I won't go there. You'll likely have a nervous break down if I present you with that data...

Also: I never said the offspring are or are not viable. That's another subject of discussion. Are we changing the discussion?

17,611 posts, read 18,976,105 times
Quote:
These people need to feel as though they are special. Therefore, the .01 difference that codes for skin color, hair texture and eye color makes a world of a difference to them. Very sad.
Not one single person could answer the question...what difference does it REALLY make? They have absolutely no answer to that question that isn't steeped in arbitrary racial superiority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archon445 View Post
I've already explaind to you that .1% difference is enough to make a significant impact on our biology though.

In the world of Genetics .1% genetic variation is astronomically huge.
I don't view the different skin colors, various facial features and hair textures as being significant differences.

Significant genetic differences = inability to mate and produce viable offspring.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Depends. The different races of the world evolved differently from one another to better adabt to their environments.

Some scientist say that if humans had remained isolated for another 10,000 years then we would have evolved to the point that the different races would be incapable of interbreeding.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Not one single person could answer the question...what difference does it REALLY make? They have absolutely no answer to that question that isn't steeped in arbitrary racial superiority.
It's unfortunate, their existence is based off of their skin color and facial features.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies