Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 01:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktothefuture View Post
What is the deal with people acting all excited about things which have no effect on their lives in the least. You had a child ? Good for you ! Not all that exciting for many other people. So why do people carry on as if such events are actually important to them. Or is it just me who doesn't feel anything.
because for the same reason many feel when they lose a love one. its part of being c socially connected to others. At extreme of opposite are sociopaths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 01:48 PM

5 posts, read 4,459 times
Why even communicate at all except if it's to buy stuff or in emergencies, right? Loosen up and become a human

Old 06-02-2013, 04:57 PM

194 posts, read 300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Empathy. Sharing the feelings of another person. Being joyful for someonelse's joy is simply part of the human experience. Try to lighten up a bit, be happy for other people's happiness. It really does improve your life.
How does your co workers daughter (who lives eight states away) giving birth to her first child affect you, a person who has never even laid eyes on her in the least. I bet you don't really care.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:42 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,691,553 times
Quote:
How does your co workers daughter (who lives eight states away) giving birth to her first child affect you, a person who has never even laid eyes on her in the least. I bet you don't really care.
I wouldn't care if it was my best friend so hear hear on this.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:43 PM

251 posts, read 522,503 times
What I find amusing / annoying are folks that refer to their pets as "fur babies" and such. We've got dogs, bunnies, fish & chickens, but we don't elevate them to a human like level.

Also strange are folks who don't have kids, but act like their niece/nephew are the most amazing kids.

Finally, how about those parents of only children who just love to go on & on & on about how perfect their little darling is. Yes, we realize your child is simply amazing & far superior, now stop blabbing about them constantly.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:33 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
What is the deal with people acting all excited about things which have no effect on their lives in the least. You had a child ? Good for you ! Not all that exciting for many other people. So why do people carry on as if such events are actually important to them. Or is it just me who doesn't feel anything.
It ain't just you. I've been bombarded by baby announcements and engagements on my Facebook so much recently I just wanna puke. It is so annoying to have people gushing over their happiness over their life events when you yourself can't even get a damn date. I have no idea why I even care at all, I do not want children and I don't think I'm cut out for marriage. If America wasn't force feeding the idea of marriage and children on everyone it would not be so bad.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,139,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by automobilist View Post
What I find amusing / annoying are folks that refer to their pets as "fur babies" and such.
I like my fur-kids better than I do most people..

Old 06-02-2013, 07:52 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,889,721 times
Having A child should be the most Important even in someones life, besides being born. As Humans we are supposed to reproduce.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:56 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,700,510 times
Quote:
I would be happy for my co-worker and be able to empathize with his or her joy atirtysh birth of a grandchild. You seem like the one who's self centered here.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:58 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,691,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
I would be happy for my co-worker and be able to empathize with his or her joy atirtysh birth of a grandchild. You seem like the one who's self centered here.
Self centered because he is minding his own business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies