Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:37 PM

596 posts, read 729,896 times

Advertisements

It's definitely not just you OP. As difficult as this may be for some people to comprehend, some of us really just aren't fascinated by the goings on of other people's lives. And some of you in this thread are throwing around the "sociopath" label way too easily. Please educate yourselves on what a sociopath really is, and stop assuming that someone is a sociopath just because they don't care that the granddaughter of your 3rd cousin twice removed just had a baby. This kind of behavior is one of the main reasons I've never had any interest whatsoever in being on Facebook. People will post the most mundane crap about their day to day lives, as if it's truly fascinating. Then they're encouraged to keep doing so because they get "liked" for posting that they just had mac and cheese for dinner, or they're on the way to the mall, or their kid just won his soccer game. Who the %@*&! cares?! Facebook is like a breeding ground for people who crave constant attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 10:58 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
How ironic that people who proclaim that all things child are shoved in their faces then start and participate in threads about children.

Makes no sense to me.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:02 PM

563 posts, read 807,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Self centered because he is minding his own business?
If he were minding his own business this thread wouldn't exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
How ironic that people who proclaim that all things child are shoved in their faces then start and participate in threads about children.

Makes no sense to me.
Some people just like to complain and find faults in everything else.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:22 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
If he were minding his own business this thread wouldn't exist.

Some people just like to complain and find faults in everything else.
Your logic is idiotic. He is still minding his business. The problem is that other people don't respect that he wants to mind his business. Quit trying to get people to give a damn. Simple as that. It became his business when people try to involve him. He doesn't want it to be his business so screw off.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:22 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,230 times
Doesn't bother me at all. Most people's worlds are really small: They wake up, go to work, have dinner, watch TV, go to bed. Almost every day. They spend a few days on vacation mostly in a place that is as tried and true and unexciting as McDonald's french fries. Once in a while they go to a game, the movies, or fishing. Or they drink too much. Having a little human being enter their lives certainly tends to shake things up - it brings more meaning to their lives, it's a joy to see this little creature develop, and it is perfectly understandable that people want to share their experience. I think it's nice to see other people be so excited about something.

Do I care? Yes and no. I do care that these people have something exciting and positive to share. I do care that they have this joy in their lives. I do care that they are so proud that they simply cannot help but share their experience. Alas, I do not really care about their baby meeting developmental milestones unless I have some personal connection to the kid. I am glad to hear that everything is normal but that's about it.

I imagine that there is also a difference in perception between women and men - whether this is biological or sociological I cannot say.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:47 PM

563 posts, read 807,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Your logic is idiotic. He is still minding his business. The problem is that other people don't respect that he wants to mind his business. Quit trying to get people to give a damn. Simple as that. It became his business when people try to involve him. He doesn't want it to be his business so screw off.
You really want to mind your own business? Than just move on and don't complain about it, much less on an anonymous forum.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:32 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Having A child should be the most Important even in someones life, besides being born. As Humans we are supposed to reproduce.
I ain't "supposed" to do anything. There is no place for children in my life. I have no idea why people place such a high value on parenting when biologically most idiots can do it.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:50 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
I can't stand active "pro-abortionists" who then get excited about the birth of one of their children or grandchildren, send photos, brag about how cute, etc. etc.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:52 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
If someone is happy, then I'm happy for them. However, in the example, with children, great, you are having a kid, you're happy, that's wonderful. But I do not wish to hear about it, see endless photos about it, don't care about Johnny's first poop, his Kindergarten "art" or anything else that goes on....

UNTIL

Someone tries to hurt him or he somehow gets hurt. THEN I care. And if it's someone trying to hurt him, I will be the first one to line up and help you. If he gets hurt, say in a car accident, and you need someone to help with hospital bills or need someone to do some of the basic chores around the house that you can't do because you are so messed up at that point to even remember to feed yourself, then I will come over and I will do those things for you. Because I do care.

But I don't care about the attitude that some parents have that we should all be equally as excited as they are that they had a kid. Or that their kid came 1st in their 4th grade science project. Do. Not. Care.

People in general, you go do your thing, I'll do my thing. As long as we aren't causing problems for the other, then I don't care. UNLESS...

Someone tries to mess that all up for you or your house burned down, or you were in a natural disaster and lost everything...then I'm right there for you.

But your every day way of life, which includes having children, it's great that you are happy, I'm glad that you are happy, but don't expect me to care much after that for every day things.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
You really want to mind your own business? Than just move on and don't complain about it, much less on an anonymous forum.
Yep they are totally right to shove things in our faces and we are totally wrong to tell people not to. Nope standing up for yourself is not an option. /sarcasm. Must suck to be a coward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies