U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:29 AM

8,348 posts, read 1,875,131 times

Advertisements

Any of you out there STILL proud of your vote for this fool?

Obama's new FBI chief approved Bush's NSA warrantless wiretapping scheme | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

You gave Bush 2 more terms, and didn't even realize it (or maybe you did).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 AM

264 posts, read 233,369 times
Default Oh wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

Obama's new FBI chief approved Bush's NSA warrantless wiretapping scheme | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Oh no, shame on him...and shame on me! Is it too late to change my vote?

Give us somebody that would have fixed this county like Mitt Romney, a nice and moderate tea partier or a whacked out, old libertarian. Lol.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:47 AM

78 posts, read 97,792 times
.... I like libertarians.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Oh no, shame on him...and shame on me! Is it too late to change my vote?

Give us somebody that would have fixed this county like Mitt Romney, a nice and moderate tea partier or a whacked out, old libertarian. Lol.
Did you actually READ the article? Glenn Greenwald is a noted left-leaning author and columnist.

Obama and Romney agreed on 99.999% of the issues. It would've made no difference who was elected.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 AM

745 posts, read 907,709 times
As a liberal, the NSA can wiretap me all they want. I'm not a terrorist and I have nothing to hide.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:12 AM

7,456 posts, read 3,933,539 times
Quote:

I read through the link and the links in the link, including unbelievable to a link to a tweet. I couldn't find any information that showed Comey approved Bush's NSA warrantless wiretapping scheme.

I then googled it in an attempt to find an article to back up Greenwald's claim. What I found was the following. Which matches pretty much what I had found in Greenwald's article.

Glenn Greenwald's Anti-Obama Vendetta Continues (*Please... Cut the Crap)

The question I keep asking myself is, where are his editors? He's not writing for his own personal blog; he's representing a truly good news organization. Why does he get to tell outright lies and then contradict himself later within the same column.
For example, this is from his column;
…the Bush DOJ's most senior lawyers - Attorney General John ********, Deputy Attorney General James Comey and OLC chief Jack Goldsmith - approved a legal memorandum in 2004 endorsing radical executive power theories and warped statutory interpretations, concluding that the Bush NSA warrantless eavesdropping program was legal, thus making it more difficult to prosecute the Bush officials who ordered it (even if the Obama DOJ were inclined to prosecute, which they were not).
It was announced yesterday that this very same James Comey - who as Bush's Deputy Attorney General authorized the once-very-controversial, patently illegal Bush NSA eavesdropping program - is President Obama's choice to be the new Director of the FBI.
I left the links in there, because I found them fascinating. For proof that Obama chose Comey, Greenwald uses a New York Times Article. But the link for his claim that Comey “authorized” the NSA eavesdropping program, he links to a TWEET! Seriously, click on it. It's a bit unbelievable. Again, where are his editors?

If anyone has an article that actually shows where Comey approved the warrantless wiretapping I would be interested in reading it.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,771,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
As a liberal, the NSA can wiretap me all they want. I'm not a terrorist and I have nothing to hide.

I honestly can't believe that such idiocy is so pervasive in this country!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
That's EXACTLY what Republicans said after Bush signed the first Patriot Act...

More proof there's no virtually difference between the red party and the blue party...

Old 06-02-2013, 09:21 AM

34,935 posts, read 19,093,352 times
Default Hey, reb...

Quote:
Did you actually READ the article? Glenn Greenwald is a noted left-leaning author and columnist.

Obama and Romney agreed on 99.999% of the issues. It would've made no difference who was elected.

Whatever happened to that ron paul steamroller?

Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
If anyone has an article that actually shows where Comey approved the warrantless wiretapping I would be interested in reading it.
Here's a pretty good one:

Is James Comey really the civil liberties advocate he's being made out to be? | FP Passport
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies