Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Do you have a family?
Here come the ad-hominems.

Quote:
I can't imagine how to maintain positive regard towars someone who sits in front of the Tv/game console while the other person busts their rear around the house after working all day.
So don't marry someone like that.

Or, don't bust your rear around the house.

Your choices are abundant, there's no reason to blame men you've never met for problems you don't have.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauragon C. Mikado View Post
Men have no problems changing when needed. Logical men know that females by nature will always seek out a male of higher status value. When females have higher value she becomes hypergamous and loses respect for her lower status male partner. No matter how much you change society you can not change our instincts.

Secondly, feminism is females true nature. Hyper-manipulation of male dominance in order to gain ultimate security and resources. Feminism never was about equality because such a thing can not exist. Males failing in society is because society pushes for it by feminizing our social constructs.

Again feminism is females natural true state. Hypergamy, greed of security and resources, her endless manipulation and denial of truths. Man never realized females truth cold nature because we can't accept the fact that we men can't be loved they way we desire. You hold on to the illusion of innocent angelic kind hearted women understanding your suffering as male and place these flawed views on real life women who are by nature colded hearted and greedy. Men have to understand that female love comes from you being their slave/protector. The second you can't be the happy-slave is the moment her hypergamy tells her to find a new slave.
Feminism was ALL about equality. It was never about emasculation. Your story is pure fabrication and reflects your misogynistic views.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,588 times
Quote:
Do you have a family? I can't imagine how to maintain positive regard towars someone who sits in front of the Tv/game console while the other person busts their rear around the house after working all day. Kids need dinner...homework help...diaper changed. Stuff is actively going on and they're running around solo putting
out the fires while their so called partner sits and vegetates? That's douche worthy behavior.

^^^This^^^ If you don't 'get' this, there is no hope for you.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I didn't say anybody should or shouldn't be happy.

I said that two people can easily have different expectations in terms of the total household chore load.

Who? The people you know? Or men in general?

Itemized chores aren't part of the marriage vow.

the hypothetical people we're talking about, apparently.

or apparently not? the goal posts seem to keep moving here.

What did they agree upon prior to the marriage?
You know what, it should be pretty obvious in this day and age that they are agreeing to being partners. No woman agrees to take on the role of a grown man's mother. If he's that stupid he deserves to be humiliated and emasculated.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
By your logic, she could solve the problem by doing less housework.

voila, equality.
Children's aid would show up if a woman only did as much homework as these guys do on their own. No, she should give a try to fix things with him. If he can't be reasonable get rid of him.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Your choices are abundant, there's no reason to blame men you've never met for problems you don't have.
I didn't marry a man like that. Women that make that mistake can't be expected to to stay with this type. They are a lost cause.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
This NY Times article was silly. My wife makes more than me and has for over 10 years now. I don't have a problem with it. And I still wear the pants in the family, cook, shop, run errands, but I have my job also. But when it comes to finances, major purchases, etc. I make the decisions, I control the budget at home and control the investments. Read the article carefully and you'll see that men are not even in the picture in a lot of the people they were discussing, They were single mothers.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
Can the work always wait or not be done?

Quote:

Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
This NY Times article was silly. My wife makes more than me and has for over 10 years now. I don't have a problem with it. And I still wear the pants in the family, cook, shop, run errands, but I have my job also. But when it comes to finances, major purchases, etc. I make the decisions, I control the budget at home and control the investments. Read the article carefully and you'll see that men are not even in the picture in a lot of the people they were discussing, They were single mothers.
Really?

I make more than my husband by a huge amount. We both wear pants, we both make major decisions, we both control the budget. Funny how that works isn't it.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
No woman agrees to take on the role of a grown man's mother. If he's that stupid he deserves to be humiliated and emasculated.
Wait, if a woman agreed to take on the role of a grown man's mother, wouldn't that make her stupid?

And wouldn't that make her kind of sadistic, for first agreeing to that, and then later rationalizing her way out by humiliating and emasculating him?

Quote:
Children's aid would show up if a woman only did as much homework as these guys do on their own.
We don't know that.

Quote:
I didn't marry a man like that.
I wasn't talking to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies