Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 07:33 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times

Advertisements

Hire a Mexican to clean the house and mow the grass. Take the wife for cocktails. You people complicate everything.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I would have been very pleased if my wife has become the breadwinner and made enough to support both of us. I would have stopped working and, after the normal household chores, worked in my metal working shop on whatever folks would pay me to build. This never happened because a modern household requires a steady documentable income stream in order to obtain mortgages, insurance and other irritating aspects of this economy.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Hire a Mexican to clean the house and mow the grass. Take the wife for cocktails. You people complicate everything.
Wife: The grass is really high. You should go out there and mow it.
Me: Ah, I don't feel like it. Hire a Haitian to do it.
Wife: You ARE a Haitian.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:25 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Wife: The grass is really high. You should go out there and mow it.
Me: Ah, I don't feel like it. Hire a Haitian to do it.
Wife: You ARE a Haitian.
Hire a Haitian. Hire a white guy. Hire an Asian. Just spend a few bucks and make your life easier.

Twenty years ago the housekeepers were Hispanic and the and the gardeners white. After the government opened the doors they are all Hispanic.

I'm not picking on Mexicans. The fact is if you want those services these days the chances of finding anyone but a Mexican is slim. At least in California.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Not that I have any problem with any of those things, but I noticed there was nothing in your reply about a fulfilling or lasting relationship with anybody. That's telling.

All those "feminists" are having sex with each other or some appliance.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:41 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
I almost can believe that.

e.g., oh, honey, if you want to go hunting this fall, you have to get yourself a newspaper carrier job in the mornings and save up for it, and oh, btw, why wasn't my suit dropped off at the dry cleaners?

Wife complaining to coworker:
I'm getting tired of having to eat off of dirty dishes.
Coworker: how old is your dishwasher?
Wife: He'll be 56 this July.

Suddenly, the shoe is on the other foot now.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
All those "feminists" are having sex with each other or some appliance.
Which ones are that?

Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
I'd like to know, for the women who **** and moan that their husbands do not do the share of the household chores, do you women also, cut the lawn, shovel the snow, do other yard work, fix things around the house that need to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
From the article:

No kidding. If the breadwinning men of the 50s had to come home and do the lion's share of housework and child-rearing after a hard day at work, they would have been unhappy, too. I wonder why these women end up doing more chores. Oh, wait, I was that woman. For me at least, it was because he slacked off. He figured that if I was taking care of the bills, that was just in addition to taking care of the chores. Seems he assumed that the chores were inherently mine to begin with. The paycheck was just gravy. No thanks.

However, the author does note that it's not necessarily possible to tell who becomes unhappy first, the woman or the man.

Makes sense to me.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
A lot of women will resent their husband if their husband doesn't make as much as them.
I have never met such a woman and I have known hundreds of well compensated professional women.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:19 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I'd like to know, for the women who **** and moan that their husbands do not do the share of the household chores, do you women also, cut the lawn, shovel the snow, do other yard work, fix things around the house that need to be?
I definitely don't complain about my dh not doing work both in and out of the house. He does it all, as do I, and I wouldn't have it any other way (god knows why any woman would). With that said, as a DIY'er who has installed my own wood flooring, hung doors, built a gate and an arbor for our fence, which I was installing with my husband until I got pregnant, and a host of other projects, I find most average guys to be lacking in the skill department to manage "fixes" around the home. Also, mowing the lawn and shoveling snow is not a daily task like cooking and cleaning. If it is you're doing it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies