Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times

Advertisements

I think its just another nail in the BS coffin has its been known for decades .Basically another whatever turns you on modern secular confrontation thing .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 08:25 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You can pick up a scouting uniform at a thrift shop and do what you please with it. There are no "laws" about it and anyone can wear one for any reason. A scout uniform has never been "holy" or "sacred". Come on people.
So says someone who didn't EARN the right to wear it. Every single one of the badges and patches means something. I'd call it a paramilitary uniform to be more precise.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
you know nothing of honor or self-respect.
That uniform means nearly the same thing to a kid and the people around him as a military uniform. For boys who come from homes without a lot of money...it's the BEST thing they have in their closet. You could wear it to a wedding or funeral in that regard as well.

Who gives a frig about the kids at the football game when they raise the flag.

That Scout shames their ass in his full uniform......

Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Considering that we have freedom of speech, I should be able to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater. But, there's a valid reason not to. It was asked that no one wear Scouting uniforms to any such event so as to not give the impression that Scouting endorses it. It was a valid reason to not wear the uniforms. They chose to in a slap in the face to the organization who just caved in to political pressure to admit them.

Let the Scouting organization die a dignified death.
Anyone can go into the scout store and buy a scout uniform. Wearing a scout uniform will not get someone killed if worn in public, like yelling fire in a crowded theater will.

I'm sorry if you are too dim to recognize the difference between wearing an article of clothing that you purchase yourself whenever you want, and possibly getting someone killed by a stampede.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
you know nothing of honor or self-respect.
Marching to support equality for all American citizens isn't honorable?

I guess you think that beating the crap out of a "***" is.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:52 PM

Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Marching to support equality for all American citizens isn't honorable?

I guess you think that beating the crap out of a "***" is.
Beating the crap out of a.... "drum"!?

Mark Beecher - The Mother and Three Camp Reveilies - YouTube

Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
They are a private organization........just kick out anyone who was in the Gayrade wearing their BS uniform.
That would be pretty embarrising when they 'officially' revise the rules. Would they welcome them back? They had the right to do as they pleased. They made a statement. If the scouts believe that they can abergate our rights to express ourselves then its pretty sad. It would show the lie they have decided to become tolerant.

Once upon a time I'll bet they had a color bar too. I think if they exist (and I do see great value in scouting, sad if it dissapeared) in twenty years the whole thing will be a complete non issue.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
That would be pretty embarrising when they 'officially' revise the rules. Would they welcome them back? They had the right to do as they pleased. They made a statement. If the scouts believe that they can abergate our rights to express ourselves then its pretty sad. It would show the lie they have decided to become tolerant.

Once upon a time I'll bet they had a color bar too. I think if they exist (and I do see great value in scouting, sad if it dissapeared) in twenty years the whole thing will be a complete non issue.
It's not that at all. They disobeyed a direct order from their Scout Master to do it. The U.S. Military has UCMJ to back them up. They don't feel sorry for liberal kids and thier parents who think they can bend the rules to fit their political statements.

Those boys and their parents dishonored the Scouts....

They should be treated accordingly.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
What's next? Are the Village people going to sing YMCA with a new addition to the chorus line...a guy in a Boy Scouts uniform? Maybe if they removed the word "Boy" form the Scouts and just called them Scouts ---then maybe the gay faction would not be so fixated on the organization?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies