Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You can pick up a scouting uniform at a thrift shop and do what you please with it. There are no "laws" about it and anyone can wear one for any reason. A scout uniform has never been "holy" or "sacred". Come on people.
The scouts can however deny people membership that dont follow the rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 07:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
More homo-militancy

Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 AM

5,648 posts, read 5,069,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Selective restrictions..and I don't mean gay. I mean scouts all of a sudden are not to advocate a political or social position?
As individuals, they are allowed to do as they wish. When they're wearing the uniform, they are representing not only themselves but the organization as well. They were specifically asked to not wear the uniform and chose to do so "because it feels right". Well isn't that special? It's all about feelings in the gay community! (Let's all sing "YMCA"!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
WTF? The boy scouts are they themselves advocating a social and political positions. Furthermore, the BOA adovcates that scouts learn and earn badges on social and political issues.
Learning about social and political issues as part of raising self-awareness towards becoming a better citizen is quite different than becoming involved in the issues and appearing to advocate for the organization one way or another on the outcome.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,146,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
It's pretty ironic of the BSA to now say they don't "advocate any social or political position" when they did just that by banning gay scouts and leaders, and now readmitting gay scouts. The horse is out of the barn whether they like it or not.
This is exactly what I was thinking. The Boy Scouts DO advocate social and political positions. And this statement? It merely proves that many leaders of the Boy Scouts merely want to keep the kids as sheep - rather than free-thinking mature scouts.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
"Because it feels right" means people can go against the rules set by that group ?

Well that tells you about people today. And that's a bigger issue than gay boy scouts.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:53 AM

25,803 posts, read 16,451,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Scouting as we know it is slowly dying.
You tell me there isn't an evil force at work here. And we are all just looking the other way.

They don't want gays to be accepted into scouting. They want to destroy the organization as part of a bigger plan.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:56 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,470,913 times
So far I have seen that many are not reading the article. It was not the parade that asked the boys to not wear their uniforms, it was the scout leaders that did not want the boys to show any allegiance with the parade, so wanted them to not wear them. Place the blame where it belongs.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
So far I have seen that many are not reading the article. It was not the parade that asked the boys to not wear their uniforms, it was the scout leaders that did not want the boys to show any allegiance with the parade, so wanted them to not wear them. Place the blame where it belongs.
The boys were free to march in the parade. They just didn't want them wearing the scout uniforms.
It wasn't the scouts marching, it was the boys. The uniform represents the group, not the person and the scout leaders didn't want that representation there.

From the article..this is the point:
"We just don't want people to use the Boy Scouts to advocate their positions."

Last edited by HappyTexan; 06-03-2013 at 09:34 AM..

Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,909,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
you know nothing of honor or self-respect.
LOL, a bigot like yourself that chooses to use the pejorative term "pillow biters" for certain people has no standing to lecture anyone about honor or self respect.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:35 AM

775 posts, read 738,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Considering that we have freedom of speech, I should be able to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater.
But you can't, because you'd endanger human lives. Would you endanger human lives by wearing a boy's scouts shirt? No? OK, now go try to find a better analogy, other than "homosexuality is daaanngeerous like a fire, because I say so."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies