U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Should the boundaries of North America redrawn to create the United States of Canada & Jesusland
Yes, I'm a conservative and I want to live in Jesusland. 4 8.70%
Yes, I'm a liberal and I want to live in the United States of Canada. 12 26.09%
No, I'm a conservative and I want thing to stay just as they are now. 11 23.91%
No, I'm a liberal and I want things to stay just as they are now. 19 41.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Status: "Only 2 puppies of 11 left to sell." (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: Beautiful Niagara Falls ON.
8,852 posts, read 4,469,240 times
Reputation: 7192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well, maybe we should just invade you. Pack 251 of the local Cub Scouts oughtta do the job.
You can't in 60 freakin years deal with an arch enemy 50 miles off your border. LOL

Cuba has been thumbing it's nose at the USA all of this time and tell me!!! How many packs of local Cub Scouts would you need to defeat Castro and company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2013, 01:04 PM
 
20,273 posts, read 15,004,076 times
Reputation: 9306
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
New Jersey can not be in Jesusland. Either should Maryland
If going by how religious they are, NJ should not be in Jesusland. Maryland and PA should be split east and west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
 
6,815 posts, read 2,248,135 times
Reputation: 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well, maybe we should just invade you. Pack 251 of the local Cub Scouts oughtta do the job.
Yep! That's worked so well for you in the past hasn't it? You've had your azzes handed to you and been kicked out of every country you've invaded in the last 50 years. It's happened already with Iraq and again any day now with Afghanistan.

Are you forgetting that little thing like the U.N. and other commonwealth countries? They might have something to say about you invading a peaceful neighbour. They wouldn't take two years or so to think about it being "their war" either.

You cannot even stop illegals with no weapons from invading you but you propose to try and invade a country that has close to the same, or even more, long guns per household than yourselves.

My guess would be this exercise would make Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Somalia, and few other utter debacles, you've either figured prominently in or authored yourselves, look like a walk in the park by comparison. With NONE of your traditional allies sitting still for it and other players like China or Russia jumping in to take an active role you just might find yourselves on the 'net loss' end of this one.

Hell; even Israel would be on our side and they'd give you an azzwhupping all by themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
11,520 posts, read 6,687,432 times
Reputation: 6320
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What do they find important besides American Idol and the rest of the reality mind numbing culture?
You seem to know everything about us, why dont you answer that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2013, 02:08 PM
 
5,073 posts, read 1,893,709 times
Reputation: 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You can't in 60 freakin years deal with an arch enemy 50 miles off your border. LOL

Cuba has been thumbing it's nose at the USA all of this time and tell me!!! How many packs of local Cub Scouts would you need to defeat Castro and company?


Only one should do it. Stupid answer for a stupid question. Do you seriously believe Cuba would be a problem for the US? Like an ant would bother an elephant. I do think Cuba would whip Canada's azz.

Last edited by Scotty011; 06-03-2013 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 PM
 
5,073 posts, read 1,893,709 times
Reputation: 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yep! That's worked so well for you in the past hasn't it? You've had your azzes handed to you and been kicked out of every country you've invaded in the last 50 years. It's happened already with Iraq and again any day now with Afghanistan.

Are you forgetting that little thing like the U.N. and other commonwealth countries? They might have something to say about you invading a peaceful neighbour. They wouldn't take two years or so to think about it being "their war" either.

You cannot even stop illegals with no weapons from invading you but you propose to try and invade a country that has close to the same, or even more, long guns per household than yourselves.

My guess would be this exercise would make Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Somalia, and few other utter debacles, you've either figured prominently in or authored yourselves, look like a walk in the park by comparison. With NONE of your traditional allies sitting still for it and other players like China or Russia jumping in to take an active role you just might find yourselves on the 'net loss' end of this one.

Hell; even Israel would be on our side and they'd give you an azzwhupping all by themselves.



LMAO. Give me some of what you are smoking. Must be excellent stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
11,520 posts, read 6,687,432 times
Reputation: 6320
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yep! That's worked so well for you in the past hasn't it? You've had your azzes handed to you and been kicked out of every country you've invaded in the last 50 years. It's happened already with Iraq and again any day now with Afghanistan.

Are you forgetting that little thing like the U.N. and other commonwealth countries? They might have something to say about you invading a peaceful neighbour. They wouldn't take two years or so to think about it being "their war" either.

You cannot even stop illegals with no weapons from invading you but you propose to try and invade a country that has close to the same, or even more, long guns per household than yourselves.

My guess would be this exercise would make Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Somalia, and few other utter debacles, you've either figured prominently in or authored yourselves, look like a walk in the park by comparison. With NONE of your traditional allies sitting still for it and other players like China or Russia jumping in to take an active role you just might find yourselves on the 'net loss' end of this one.

Hell; even Israel would be on our side and they'd give you an azzwhupping all by themselves.
Really?


How many Al-Qaeda members has the United States killed to keep us and the rest of the world safe?
Top 10 al Qaeda Leaders killed since 9/11 | Alternative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
 
6,815 posts, read 2,248,135 times
Reputation: 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It's funny because whenever I drive to Canada, which I've done many times, just the experience of driving makes you feel like you've entered a third world nation. The highway downgrades from New York's gleaming I-87 to Quebec's embarrassing Autoroute 15.

Ontario's 401 and 402 is Costa Rica's InterAmerican Highway without the car swallowing potholes.

Ya gotta watch that third world comment stuff, it can come up and bite your hiney without warning, eg:

Bridge collapses in U.S. highlight fears about infrastructure spending - Business - Times Colonist

Roundup: I-5 bridge collapse weighing heavy, operators flying the flag | Overdrive - Owner Operators Trucking Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2013, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,478 posts, read 2,061,243 times
Reputation: 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Funny, how you say liberals hate America, yet it is the opposite side who continually call for dissolving the union.

Ironic, isn't it?
Can you back that claim up with anything more than rumors of Texas wanting to secede?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
11,520 posts, read 6,687,432 times
Reputation: 6320
Are we assuming Mr. Joshua was being serious?
I just assumed he was goofing around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top