U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:13 PM

9,856 posts, read 13,470,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The Keystone pipeline will have no effect on our gas prices. In fact, the pipeline will actually increase the price of gas in the Midwest. This is because Canada will then have the means to export globally whereas now most of it is piped only as far as the Midwest creating an abundant supply (supply/demand effect on price) there.
Two things, first, prices will absolutely be lowered. Second, you conveniently ignored the extra employment portion of this issue. Also, allowing the pipeline sets legal precedence for much more development of wells in the PA/NY area, which leads to lower prices and more jobs for decades to come.

So again, which do you want? Jobs and lower prices or beetles? You still didn't pick.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:15 PM

10,920 posts, read 23,260,971 times
Sounds like some Eviro-Greenies work for OPEC and are against both America's and Canada's best Interests...

I mean Relocating some very small number of stupid freaking Beetles that would be affected by the pipeline is so minute and small it makes no difference if they are moved or not But instead of creating jobs directly related to the pipeline and large amount of spin off jobs and massive injection of tax revue for local communities it i makes nor sense...

Give me a break already with this Greenie B.S.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:22 PM

31,636 posts, read 19,768,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Two things, first, prices will absolutely be lowered. Second, you conveniently ignored the extra employment portion of this issue. Also, allowing the pipeline sets legal precedence for much more development of wells in the PA/NY area, which leads to lower prices and more jobs for decades to come.

So again, which do you want? Jobs and lower prices or beetles? You still didn't pick.
Wrong!

America will pay more for oil if the Keystone pipeline is built!
UPDATE 3-TransCanada moves forward on West-East oil pipeline plan

AND:

This is the transcript of the Keystone pipeline hearing held with the Canadian National Energy Board.

If you think the Keystone Pipeline will help lower oil prices in the US, read this transcript starting at marker 4000.
Trans Canada Testimony

I'll take the beetles and lower gas prices!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,877,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post

Fox News and TransCanada disagree with you.
Six reasons Keystone XL was a bad deal all along | Fox News

Old 06-03-2013, 05:44 PM

2,532 posts, read 1,902,377 times
I think we should just turn North America into a big parking lot.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 PM

12,617 posts, read 11,213,312 times
As a Canadian I'm getting to the point with this that I hope the pipeline isn't built. If the American public and government don't want it than we can find other markets for it and actually develop either our own refining capabilities or just ship it to the welcoming arms of China.

In the case of the U.S - instead of having a reliable artery from a friendly country - it can rely on its own development solely or continue to import from Venezuela, Iran and other unstable countries..

The thing I find funny about all the naysayers - Canada already ships loads of oil to you via pipeline lol and you use it to..

And Darryl Hannah - you better not fly, drive or eat because oil is involved in all those things and so much more!

Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 PM

31,636 posts, read 19,768,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
As a Canadian I'm getting to the point with this that I hope the pipeline isn't built. If the American public and government don't want it than we can find other markets for it and actually develop either our own refining capabilities or just ship it to the welcoming arms of China.

In the case of the U.S - instead of having a reliable artery from a friendly country - it can rely on its own development solely or continue to import from Venezuela, Iran and other unstable countries..

The thing I find funny about all the naysayers - Canada already ships loads of oil to you via pipeline lol and you use it to..

And Darryl Hannah - you better not fly, drive or eat because oil is involved in all those things and so much more!

Great! Then we can agree.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 PM

33,462 posts, read 14,101,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Sounds like some Eviro-Greenies work for OPEC and are against both America's and Canada's best Interests...

I mean Relocating some very small number of stupid freaking Beetles that would be affected by the pipeline is so minute and small it makes no difference if they are moved or not But instead of creating jobs directly related to the pipeline and large amount of spin off jobs and massive injection of tax revue for local communities it i makes nor sense...

Give me a break already with this Greenie B.S.
The environmental food chain starts at the bottom, easy to overlook small organisms like beetles and plankton and state they are insignificant. Some Jobs vs causing damage to the environment, that's the argument and it depends on how much you are willing to throw away for some jobs.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:12 PM

10,920 posts, read 23,260,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The environmental food chain starts at the bottom, easy to overlook small organisms like beetles and plankton and state they are insignificant. Some Jobs vs causing damage to the environment, that's the argument and it depends on how much you are willing to throw away for some jobs.
Well if to came to affecting my own personal livelihood or prevented me from having a decent paying job then Crunch Goes the Beetle under my Work Boot I say

Old 06-03-2013, 07:15 PM

24,480 posts, read 12,096,616 times
The pipeline will be built. Gas will drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies