U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 AM

470 posts, read 370,715 times

Advertisements

The environmentalist these days are nothing more than wackos!!!

Beetle-Bedeviled Keystone XL Needs Dead Rats to Let It Be - Bloomberg

Old 06-03-2013, 09:12 AM

12,266 posts, read 9,454,297 times
Dead rats for some beetles. Yup. And you folks wonder why so many of us think climate change is a crock.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:34 AM

31,389 posts, read 19,652,082 times
Those foreign oil companies don't give a crap about the resources and natural habitat in our country. They also take privately owned land by using eminent domain. Foreign companies taking privately owned land, which is a fundamental right, I think would get conservatives angry. However, you all are willing to give up anything we have for the shady promise of temporary jobs or perhaps a 3 cent savings on a gallon of gas. T

These beetles are important to our ecosystem.

Quote:
The American burying beetle, (Nicrophorus americanus) Oliver is a member of the carrion beetle family Silphidae. Carrion beetles, as their name implies, are an important part of a vast host of scavengers that are responsible for recycling decaying materials back into the ecosystem.
Endangered American Burying Beetle Update

When there is no wildlife, fresh water, or natural beauty left in our country, where are you going to drive your cars to?

Old 06-03-2013, 09:42 AM

24,111 posts, read 11,975,573 times
Quote:
Those foreign oil companies don't give a crap about the resources and natural habitat in our country. They also take privately owned land by using eminent domain. Foreign companies taking privately owned land, which is a fundamental right, I think would get conservatives angry. However, you all are willing to give up anything we have for the shady promise of temporary jobs or perhaps a 3 cent savings on a gallon of gas
What foreign companies. Those companies are on both sides of the border.

Oh boo hoo about the beetle. Adapt or die. The nature of things.

Quote:
When there is no wildlife, fresh water, or natural beauty left in our country, where are you going to drive your cars?
Typical LSD hand wring message of doom and destruction. So a beetle can cause the ecosystem to implode.

Live in reality. The pipeline will be built, squatter in the WH notwithstanding.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,575,594 times
Put them in a shoebox with some dirt/grass and call it "good"

Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 AM

29,366 posts, read 39,807,051 times
To heck with Canada and their filthy pipeline to China. Build it on Canadian soil.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,544,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
To heck with Canada and their filthy pipeline to China. Build it on Canadian soil.
Yeah, we can just truck it in..

Old 06-03-2013, 10:07 AM

3,696 posts, read 3,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Those foreign oil companies don't give a crap about the resources and natural habitat in our country. They also take privately owned land by using eminent domain. Foreign companies taking privately owned land, which is a fundamental right, I think would get conservatives angry. However, you all are willing to give up anything we have for the shady promise of temporary jobs or perhaps a 3 cent savings on a gallon of gas. T

These beetles are important to our ecosystem.

Endangered American Burying Beetle Update

When there is no wildlife, fresh water, or natural beauty left in our country, where are you going to drive your cars to?
You don't like eminent domain and someone else telling you what to do but ironically... the landowners (at least on this section) HATE the beetles. But of course, someone who doesn't live with them has the "right" to tell the landowners how to deal with them...

I'm not saying "kill the beetles", but come on.. there's being environmentally conscious and then there's being an environmental "whack job." I'll bet you were one of those who were out here chaining themselves by the neck to the equipment and under trucks all in the name of "safety" right? It was very lucky someone didn't get hurt! Idiots! Or one of the ones who were "living" in the trees? Those fine folks who were running around in their underwear chanting about saving the forest.. all the while throwing feces down on the workers, while trespassing on private property. Yeah.. you wonder why folks think your bat-crap-crazy?

Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 AM

9,995 posts, read 11,687,585 times
This is why I think conservatives are asses at times.

What? Kill another species for a few bucks? That is disgusting.

I have nothing against the pipeline personally, but doing basic environmental compliance seems entirely sensible and morally right.

And you wonder why companies need to be regulated? Well, it is because the people who run them often don't give a damn.

I don't think this is a left vs. right issue, as I can imagine many pro-business folks feel as I do. Am I correct?

Old 06-03-2013, 10:57 AM

3,696 posts, read 3,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I have nothing against the pipeline personally, but doing basic environmental compliance seems entirely sensible and morally right.

And you wonder why companies need to be regulated? Well, it is because the people who run them often don't give a damn.

I don't think this is a left vs. right issue, as I can imagine many pro-business folks feel as I do. Am I correct?
We work IN the industry and agree with you. There is a large amount of common-sense that needs to be applied to this. Protecting our environment is a good thing. Being contentious is a good thing. But there's also a point (and I've gotten to it) that it becomes absurd what is being asked to do by people who quite frankly don't have a clue other than, "they read it on the internet."

On this particular spread, we've had protestor's almost on a daily basis. Good for them.. they have that right. Go for it.. But.. the American people need to know just what kind of people are protesting. The ones protesting are not local's. Nope. What they don't realize is that we all knew they were here. We knew where they were staying (although why I haven't a clue because it was obvious they hadn't showered for weeks..) but I digress.. They were from states far away. They drove here. In their cars! To protest oil and gas. They put their children, little kids 3 to 4 years old out by busy highways holding signs. Unsupervised! In a construction area! They took some of the weakest member's of their herd (70+ year olds) and had them put their lives in danger by climbing on the construction equipment. Chaining or at times concreting themselves to it. And when approaching law enforcement officials came to arrest them, they defecated and urinated upon themselves. And when the TV people came to "report" the story, they were like buzzards to a dead carcass in the middle of the highway. Their only concern was getting on TV or their pictures in the paper.

They posted a web page, told people to come "train" to stop the line. Their list of items they ask to be donated included a helicopter, generators and condoms (and much more). Now I don't know about you, but the only thing in common with these three particular items is they all are either made out of or use petroleum products! When arrested they begged for donations for ten's of thousands of dollars for bail money.

They posted blatant lies and propaganda daily. Supposed pictures were taken from "inside" the pipe of substandard welds. This was a blatant lie, because anyone who knows anything about putting pipe together, even household plumbing, knows that the joints, or in this case the welds run vertically. Not horizontally like the picture. But.. when faced with common sense they took the explaining posts off their web page because the truth didn't support their lies. They posted pictures of worker's in hard hats telling of the awful people who were building the line. Including captions about how they were nazi's, etc. Anyone who tried to tell them that the pictures could not be of the actual workers because of the difference in PPE equipment which is regulated on this job, once again was deleted.

Sorry, I went on a rant... but it's gotten to the point that these are the kinds of people who we deal with on a daily basis. They neither want to debate the pros and cons of the pipeline, nor do they want to learn. I'm not going to debate it here either way anymore, because nothing I could say would change their minds. I would just hope that the biggest part of the American public would be intelligent enough to read the facts (both sides!) know that there are pros and cons to both and then make up their minds without believing everything that these people represent. Not everything you read is correct from either side!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies