Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 06:33 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,763,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This is great news, I am glad Kristen Beck was able to come true who shim is.
Shim served as Navy Seal 20 years with 13 deployments and member of Seal Team 6.

Shim was quoted Interview done 2 days ago.

A former Navy SEAL, Chris Beck -- now Kristin -- always felt he was really a woman. [CNN 6-07-2013] - YouTube
I've been up all night but thanks for posting this. I'll watch it later. I'm really intrigued and want to know thoughts on dysphoria but that might not be online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 08:34 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post

I just looked up this XX Male. I see it's called a XX Male Syndrome by some.

Here I will state I may be wrong. Or it might be I'm right about what I was told but for reasons I don't know... TA's and professors have chosen not to elaborate much. I'm not sure.
Intersex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are lots of chromosomal gender variations. It's not black and white. While usually XX = female and XY=male, it doesn't always work that cleanly. For example, there are XY males with a uterus and fallopian tubes. There are XX males, and XY females. There are various combinations that have some form of both genitals.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:46 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
This is revolting, he/she is truly f--ked up in the head. Transgender people must have some sort of mental disorder.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:14 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,763,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is revolting, he/she is truly f--ked up in the head. Transgender people must have some sort of mental disorder.
What alien technology are you using to make this remote diagnosis?

Old 06-09-2013, 09:14 AM

1,738 posts, read 3,007,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is revolting
Why? Who cares what someone else does.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:59 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Intersex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are lots of chromosomal gender variations. It's not black and white. While usually XX = female and XY=male, it doesn't always work that cleanly. For example, there are Y males with a uterus and fallopian tubes. There are XX males, and XY females. There are various combinations that have some form of both genitals.
Their are people with extra sex chromosomes too. But that was not my point. My point was the science of biology says the issue of the two sexes is black and white, that is to say there are only two sexes among humans. Not three. So, I'm not sure what the term "intersex" is supposed to mean; does this term connote a third sex?

Now, it is possible the science of biology's current propositions about the two sexes, or even that XX can't make one male, may be wrong. This is possible. Science is often wrong about one or more things, which is not necessarily bad as that is in part how scientific understanding advances.

But I don't have enough knowledge base about chromosomes, physiology, anatomy, hormones, or genes to be able to argue against or for, at this point, the current position I was taught in biology. Not in a critical manner.

As I said... I inquired of a biology professor (doctoral degree in biology) about the issue of two sexes as opposed to three or four when you have hermaphrodites among humans. But he replied to me that this was not his area of research or specialty and he did not know much about it. What I didn't mention was that I asked a TA of mine (graduate student in biology) too at the end of a lab before I left the room. She too said she did not know much about it.

So, as an undergraduate student that still has his chemistry and physics courses (prerequisites) to tackle, I don't feel too bad about not having some definitive answer.

But there are gaps--as enormous as between theologians and the general public--between university scientists and the general public. As I've heard several times in some lecture given by a university scientist that the media portrayal of science (as "knowing this," or "proving this") is inaccurate.

But this is all probably obfuscating the issue of this retired U.S. Navy SEAL who most likely has XY chromosomes. As I suspect 99% of "shemales" do.

Michael Jackson and most his family have had nose jobs to make their noses more European looking. There are black Africans that use skin bleaching creams to lighten their skin. There are East and Southeast Asian women that have surgery on their eyes to make their eyes more European looking. These are all psychological issues interrelated with sociological issues revolving around race. Similar to sociological issues revolving around sex and gender.

I was born male. Am I some anomaly within humanity in that I don't know what it is to feel like a "man"? I only know what it feels like to be me. All the male gender stuff I learned to identify with very early in childhood. I know what society says "a man" is supposed to think, feel, do, or how he is supposed to respond--and I pretty much assume a number of those societal expectations. In fact, I was confused about my gender very early on as a very curly headed mulatto boy that looked like a girl to just about every grown woman complimenting my mother, "Oh! what a pretty girl you have!" I have the same issue with sexual orientation. So far as I know I had no sexual orientation as an infant. Like most infants I would crawl around butt naked unaware--like Adam and Eve--of any sexual nature to my body. As a very small boy walking I was the same. At some point I became aware of these things as a small boy. I can't recall the age though.

The whole "born a girl trapped in a boys body" contradicts decades of feminist rhetoric about the sameness of boys and girls and only society telling girls they are supposed to "act" and "feel" X, Y, Z ways...

Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
From a stand point in the science of biology if you have a XY chromosomes you are male.
Not always.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:17 AM

"I do not believe a soul has a gender, but my new path is making my soul complete and happy," Beck writes. "I hope my journey sheds some light on the human experience and most importantly helps heal the 'socio-religious dogma' of a purely binary gender." --Attributed to Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This is great news, I am glad Kristen Beck was able to come true who shim is.

Shim served as Navy Seal 20 years with 13 deployments and member of Seal Team 6.
So what. This sounds like a statement that might come out of ancient pagan Rome. Being a SEAL, Ranger, or Marine does not absolve one of sins (sense Beck in her statement above brings up religion) nor does it place one above God and saints.

I was a U.S. Marine. I once had a swollen head about that. Brought to my knees I found out I was as human and vulnerable as anyone else and none of that over-glorified pagan warrior stuff trumps the non-warrior farmer that is a married, sexually chaste, man that conducts himself daily in an honorable fashion until his death.

And I know what it is to be consumed with vice. The United States is becoming to look like Nero of ancient Rome.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:28 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Their are people with extra sex chromosomes too. But that was not my point. My point was the science of biology says the issue of the two sexes is black and white, that is to say there are only two sexes among humans. Not three. So, I'm not sure what the term "intersex" is supposed to mean; does this term connote a third sex?

Now, it is possible the science of biology's current propositions about the two sexes, or even that XX can't make one male, may be wrong. This is possible. Science is often wrong about one or more things, which is not necessarily bad as that is in part how scientific understanding advances.

But I don't have enough knowledge base about chromosomes, physiology, anatomy, hormones, or genes to be able to argue against or for, at this point, the current position I was taught in biology. Not in a critical manner.

As I said... I inquired of a biology professor (doctoral degree in biology) about the issue of two sexes as opposed to three or four when you have hermaphrodites among humans. But he replied to me that this was not his area of research or specialty and he did not know much about it. What I didn't mention was that I asked a TA of mine (graduate student in biology) too at the end of a lab before I left the room. She too said she did not know much about it.

So, as an undergraduate student that still has his chemistry and physics courses (prerequisites) to tackle, I don't feel too bad about not having some definitive answer.

But there are gaps--as enormous as between theologians and the general public--between university scientists and the general public. As I've heard several times in some lecture given by a university scientist that the media portrayal of science (as "knowing this," or "proving this") is inaccurate.

But this is all probably obfuscating the issue of this retired U.S. Navy SEAL who most likely has XY chromosomes. As I suspect 99% of "shemales" do.

Michael Jackson and most his family have had nose jobs to make their noses more European looking. There are black Africans that use skin bleaching creams to lighten their skin. There are East and Southeast Asian women that have surgery on their eyes to make their eyes more European looking. These are all psychological issues interrelated with sociological issues revolving around race. Similar to sociological issues revolving around sex and gender.

I was born male. Am I some anomaly within humanity in that I don't know what it is to feel like a "man"? I only know what it feels like to be me. All the male gender stuff I learned to identify with very early in childhood. I know what society says "a man" is supposed to think, feel, do, or how he is supposed to respond--and I pretty much assume a number of those societal expectations. In fact, I was confused about my gender very early on as a very curly headed mulatto boy that looked like a girl to just about every grown woman complimenting my mother, "Oh! what a pretty girl you have!" I have the same issue with sexual orientation. So far as I know I had no sexual orientation as an infant. Like most infants I would crawl around butt naked unaware--like Adam and Eve--of any sexual nature to my body. As a very small boy walking I was the same. At some point I became aware of these things as a small boy. I can't recall the age though.

The whole "born a girl trapped in a boys body" contradicts decades of feminist rhetoric about the sameness of boys and girls and only society telling girls they are supposed to "act" and "feel" X, Y, Z ways...
It's not a black-and-white position within biology that there are two sexes. Sex differentiation is one of the most complex biological processes humans undergo and there is a lot about it we are still in the dark about.

The term "intersex" refers to people who are neither biologically male or female. "Inter" means between. Intersex is not a third sex, and it's not a term used to describe one type of individual. It's a biological term used to describe people (or organisms in general) that have biological characteristics of both "main" sexes - people who are somewhere between male and female. It covers a vast range of conditions.

But then again sex is different from gender, although in fact many people we classify as transgendered are in fact intersex.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's not a black-and-white position within biology that there are two sexes.
No, I was taught, including my text books, there are only two sexes among Homo sapiens. I even asked one of my biology professors if that is true and he said yes. But as I said... he said that was not his area of research or specialty and could not tell me why there are people born with characterstics of the two sexes while there is only two sexes.

Maybe it has to do with their being no true hermaphrodites among Homo sapiens? I don't know. But right or wrong it is what biology currently teaches.

I'm not sure why this wiki (I know wiki is not acceptable as an academic source) article states there are "true hermaphrodites" among humans, but maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought true hermaphrodites could impregnate themselves.

True hermaphroditism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
True hermaphroditism is a medical term for an intersex condition in which an individual is born with ovarian and testicular tissue.

There may be an ovary underneath one testicle or the other, but more commonly one or both gonads is an ovotestis containing both types of tissue.

There are no documented cases in which both types of gonadal tissue function. Encountered karyotypes are 47XXY, 46XX/46XY, or 46XX/47XXY, and various degrees of mosaicism (with one interesting case of an XY predominant (96%) mosaic giving birth).[1]

Although similar in some ways to mixed gonadal dysgenesis, the conditions can be distinguished histologically.[2]

Although fertility is possible in true hermaphrodites (as of 2008 there have been at least 11 reported cases of fertility in true hermaphrodite humans in scientific literature),[2] there has yet to be a documented case where both gonadal tissues function; contrary to rumors of hermaphrodites being able to impregnate themselves.
It might be that it's the fact there are no hermaphrodites among humans that need no other person to impregnate them that the science of biology currently teaches there are only two sexes of humans.

The term "shemale" implies a third sex in sociological terms. But a lot of transsexuals like this retired Navy SEAL are offended by that term that implies a third sex between male and female. They regard themselves as full females that were trapped in a male's body.

And what is a male?

What is a female?

Young boys that think they are girls appear to think a female is someone that plays with dolls, wears high heel shoes, and dresses like Parisian whores. Never mind the fact plenty of girls are tomboys and neither wear high high heels or paint makeup on their faces like Parisian whores? I do not think these perceptions of what a "male" and "female" are are inscribed in our DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies