Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 04:54 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Here's another thing though when we blame all black people as contributing, there are man who are decent. There was a black kid in Chicago named Blair Holt who was killed protecting a classmate. His parents are married and in fact one is a cop and the other a firefighter.
RIP Blair. I just hope your life wasn't in vain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 05:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archon445 View Post
I don't hear about violent hispanic cities, schools or neighborhoods. Only black.

I'm as real as it gets.
Just because you don't hear about it does not mean that it does not exist. Because of statements like the one that is one of the reasons that racism and ignorance exist today. The media is only going to report what makes them money. Many people do not realize that there is a major drug probelm in white occupied suburbs but the police are told not to focus on those areas because of the political power in those areas.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
We're not talking about latin america. We're talking about the United States. Stay on topic.

I won't deny that some places in California have violent hispanic schools, but when you compare hispanic schools to black schools it's not even close.

I feel alot safer in a Mexican community than I do a black one. I live in Texas where there's as many hispanics as there are whites.

Again: It has nothing to do with poverty.

Oh, really? Can you cite how many wealhty school districts have any of the porbelms that poor ones do?

Old 06-16-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals only think that dangerous schools exist in Newtown, CT or Littleton, CO.

They entirely ignore inner city Philly or Chicago.
Different type of danger, when was the last time that you heard of some white kid with automatic weapons shoot up a predominately black school or any inner city school for that matter

Old 06-16-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
What if there was only 2 or 3 of them out of 400 that was like that though? For all we know ABC edited the video very heavily.
You might want to add more to what G.M said because I and my wife (dual degrees) also are College grads. You have to understand that it only takes 1 or 2 students to disrupt a whole class that wants to actually learn.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Well I'm sorry but facts don't lie.

Black graduation rates are 20% lower than hispanic graduation rates yet hispanics are significantly poorer. So it's not poverty.

Besides. There's always exceptions to rules.

Not every asian gets good grades either.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The principal banned hoodies.

She some kind of racial profiler
And there is still violence going on in the schools.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You might want to add more to what G.M said because I and my wife (dual degrees) also are College grads. You have to understand that it only takes 1 or 2 students to disrupt a whole class that wants to actually learn.
I wouldn't worry about the person you replied to anymore.

From experience, I know it only takes one or two to disrupt the class. I've seen it up close and personal.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I agree. and these kids fighting in the halls need to be criminally charged and sent to alternative learning programs, like boot camp style schools.
They cut funding for schools like that in many (if not all) states over the past 10 or so years.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:52 PM

This problem goes beyond the schools. These kids are going to become adults soon. These kids will soon be in the real world. And in this world, you need many things in order to function to society. It is bad enough that many were not raised properly. If these persons are not equipped to survive the right way in the real world, the consequences will include, but not limited to, prison and/or early death.

It was mentioned that the kids who don't want to learn, or can't learn, should be kicked out or put in an alternative path. I am in favor of separating trouble makers from decent kids who want to learn. It makes it that much easier for the kids who want to learn to rise from the wreckage. However, this is one thing to consider. Jobs are getting harder and harder to come by. And this is for those who did what they were suppose to do. This is the inner city. High unemployment rates, and many people who don't have skills to do certain things. This is the thing. What do we do with those who are considered unteachable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies