Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 10:35 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times

Advertisements

Yet another poor reflection on the homosexual. This egregiously ignorant sorry individual apparently feels that it is somehow acceptable to interrupt the First Lady simply because she belongs to a protected class of perpetually unhappy disgruntled malcontents and then expects the media and other like minded losers to defend and support this outrageously disrespectful and highly obnoxious behavior.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Its real a shame but that is what comes from the so called liberalization of society. Its the result of what started in the 60's and now is common in social behavior. Whatever turns you on as they say.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:40 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So what I am seeing is it is tax related. This year, whether we filed jointly married or as two single people, the liability was going to be the same. We could never afford COBRA. I certainly didn't see 1,000 benefits.

In many, if not most, you can be fired for any reason at all or no reason at all. Being "protected" by law doesn't do squat for you because you have to prove it so if you waiting for that to greatly benefit you, don't hold your breathe. Racial and age discrimination? A million ways around it.

I personally feel they should eliminate the term "marriage" from the legal union and everyone should enter into a contract of a civil union. That is what marriage is by the state a civil union. Marriage will always be between a man and a woman and recognizing a civil union for the benefits that other couples, male/female, get seems fair to me.

So, how do employers and people selling/renting know that someone is a homosexual? I haven't seen that box on the application. There are many people of the same sex that share housing and I don't think they are being denied and if so, I doubt because they are the same sex. Or, do I have to say "gender" now.

As far as shoutdown to get their way, homosexuals did this at the psychiatric conventions until homosexuality was removed from being considered a mental illness.

Someone was looking for what constituted the gay agenda. It is to change the meaning of marriage and not be satisfied with a civil union because terming it marriage makes it seem "normal". It is way for people who are uncomfortable with themselves to feel better about the lifestyle that they are living.

I would grant the benefits under a civil union. Marriage continues to be between one man and one woman.
Where ever same sex marriage is banned, so are civil unions and domestic partnerships, this is just so boring, over and over and over, separate is never equal. We pay equal taxes, we get equal vote, we are supposed to be equal people. We deserve equal treatment under federal law, not separate treatment as if we are inferior people unworthy of equality. The meaning of marriage is no different if the couple is two women, two men or a man and a woman. It is the union of a couple for the sake of the legal rights afforded with a civil marriage license, your marriage in your church can be performed any which way you want, but it is the federal marriage license and contract that grants the federal rights, benefits and protections granted to any couple of any consenting age, any race, any economic situation and no wheres is reproduction ablity or promise of any offspring is required to secure those rights. They removed the stigma of calling homosexuality an illness because it is not an illness and we have advanced our knowledge beyond using a "good book" as our reference to sexuality. I wonder, do you think your one voice of discontent represents every christian or anti gay person as if you seem to think this one heckler that is a lesbian must represent all gay people?

Old 06-05-2013, 11:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archon445 View Post
Lol.

The militant feminist have many enemies, but it's at their own behest. I've never seen a special interest group tear itself apart as quickly as these behemoths.
I suppose you never saw a tea bagger display of decorum?
You know, carrying rifles to a presidential speech, etc.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That person paid a lot to be there, seems like she earned the right to ask a question whether given permission or not.
That's self-serving nonsense. If you pay $150 to see some chart-topping performer, does that give you the right to go up on-stage mid-concert to get him/her to hear your audition personally? That's utter entitled nonsense. My question is whether you'd support such a inanely entitled perspective if it was someone you liked being heckled.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Exactly what "special rights" am I trying to get? Maybe you have a list, because I can't seem to find one.

Also, I never wear "comfortable shoes" unless you count my boots, for working on the farm, or my sneakers for running. I prefer heels. And I never have the windows open in my car. Too hot in Mississippi, I run the AC.

Okay Carol, how about the non-stop angry disposition for one and making sure EVERYONE steps aside so your preferences can be met....how about this for "fair"

You can choose to live your life however you wish in any manner that you wish so long as it doesn't impede on the rights of others. You may pursue any employment you wish so long as it abides by the laws set forth, good or bad, by those around us.

You have the right to be drafted and killed at any time for the needs of our country....just like the rest of us

You have the right to apply for a job with NO special set asides for those that are gay. I don't care that you are gay or want equal rights. I'm entirely fine with that.

You can not pray in school as much as anyone ELSE may wish to pray in school...fair is...well...fair?

You have the right to do pretty much whatever you please right up to the point where we have to make accommodations for gays.

You can adopt, you can marry, you can divorce, and you can pay alimony, child support, and watch more than 1/2 of what you earn go to your ex. I do NOT care....

You have the right to march as much as the KKK, Black Panthers, and even the Westboro Baptist Church (ugh).

You have the right to hate "breeders" as much as you do to have their hated sperm give you a kid.

You have to tolerate the hatred of those that oppose you

You have the right to protect yourself by all means necessary as much as those have the right to protect themselves by all means necessary who may do them harm.

I want to now see you endorse all of this in its entirety. C'mon, it's not that hard. Be "okay" with bigotry towards you, no special set asides and endorse it with a smile.....

I'm waiting...

Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You mean the special rights that every other citizen of the U.S. has? Those rights?

LOL. The special rights argument is so so unsound and well, childlike in it's logic...wait there is no logic.

Yep, those rights. The right to be drafted when needed and sacrificed when called upon. Some have been. I'm sure some gays have been killed in the line of duty as well. I have no problem with that. I have no problem with anyone wanting equal rights. I think you missed my point. When we have to bend for agnostics and atheists, which is truly their right, the rights become "special" for some.

My point is that it is fine to be gay. No one should be persecuted. While I may not agree, I would seek nor wish harm upon anyone. I don't think you should be bashed or hated but, you can't stop either so you, like the "breeders" will have to learn to live with it. The fact that you get a camera makes you special.

I don't see cameras really being set up for those that wish to remain okay with prayer and Christmas.

In short, read my last reply and you will see where I am coming from. Stop the noise. Most people don't give a flying f what you do, where you come from, or who you love. We really, really don't. The only one making this much noise about it is you. Date who you want, live where you want, pursue your happiness.

Just don't complain when you truly come under ever feasible equality standard to include divorce, alimony, etc. Some resist this although I believe it is law already.

See? No one got shot, no protests were needed, and no cameras required.

Live large my friend....live large....

Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Progressives have this notion that all lesbians and gays are persecuted sweet little angels. They treat this class as if they should be elevated to an elite position in society. Like all groups of people there are the good - the bad and the so so. In my experience I have known some nice lesbians...and some horrid ones..Some passable gay men and some that were so damned evil and self serving that it made me cringe. You can not paint a whole group with the same brush..that we should bow to their every whim and want. Some gays that I have met are raging haters...My rule of thumb is...Treat me with care and respect and I will respect you also...BUT if you hold me in contempt and loathing you will get the same back. Being gay or lesbian does not make someone immune from judgement.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach
BUT if you hold me in contempt and loathing you will get the same back. Being gay or lesbian does not make someone immune from judgement.

Nice try, but you have already admitted on this forum that you automatically do not consider gays and lesbians your equals (as if you are the epitome of honor or something).

Raging haters, indeed!

People can sense when you think you are better than them.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Which special rights would those be?
Give me a "special" right they want that isn't available to heteros.

Immune from hate speech? Let's start there....from what I understand, it's completely okay to hate white, married, "breeders" with absolute immunity. However, for some, if that SAME speech were applied to those who may be gay, that would be considered a "hate crime" of sorts.....

And god forbid, Steve and Kevin get clipped in the back alley while doing the nasty, that would be a "hate crime".....I would just call it murder and all civil and legal penalties should/would apply. Would it really be ANY different than say a man and woman in repose doing similar acts suffering a similar fate?

Would THAT be considered a hate crime? What would we call that? A BJ hate crime? A Lovers hate crime? I know, a HETEROSEXUAL hate crime? Oh wait, that would NEVER fly.....would it.

Let's just call it murder shall we?

When one pushes for "rights" like this, they speak specifically to "special". And NO one is special. Not even you, not even me. No, we are just two humans trying to find our way in life. If yours takes you into the arms of another member of the same sex, have at it.

I think you will find most hetero's don't give a darn about who you fall in love with. I have no problem with you enjoying marital bliss as well as marital hell when you get divorced. BUT, when it comes to SPEECH, that's free. Hate away....it's ONLY speech.

Now doesn't THAT sound equal??? I don't hear hetero's screaming about the litany of speeches clearly filled with hate clearly aimed at them....do you? I love this quote from Michael Douglas' movie, American President.

Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".

None of us have evolved this far but, we may not be as far apart as you may think. It's fine to want equal rights and there is no argument that your community may not have achieved that status but, as the quote indicates, be prepared for what you wish for. That means that others who, dare me, oppose you should have EQUAL rights and protections under the law to spend their lifetimes opposing those views.

Equal Rights? Absolutely.....Special and protected to include jobs (affirmative action and immunity from speech)? Not a chance.

Again, no one got shot, I don't care what you do or believe, just don't go past the line of equal. We have enough of that with special interests...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies