Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 05:14 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Chile - Very modern and the Conservative Heritage Foundation scores it HIGHER in freedom that the USA.

Are you through now trying to excuse your racism?

Ken
Racism? Not quite.

Perhaps you should re-read your definition of racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 05:19 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,163,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

As someone already asked you why is it not racist to you to want mostly Mexicans here but racist to instead want diversity and not favor a particular group?
I never said anything about wanting mostly Mexicans here. I'm not favoring any group. I think there are people who are disfavoring a certain group....Mexicans. As I said, all I see is people moaning about Mexican immigrants, not one word about any other group.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:36 PM

62,829 posts, read 29,034,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I never said anything about wanting mostly Mexicans here. I'm not favoring any group. I think there are people who are disfavoring a certain group....Mexicans. As I said, all I see is people moaning about Mexican immigrants, not one word about any other group.
You may not have said it but obviously you think that it is ok to have a policy that favors Mexican immigration or you would be opposed to it, wouldn't you? I don't see you complaining that our immigration policies aren't diverse. You're spinning again. The objection is to Mexicans and anyone else here illegally. However, there is nothing racist about wanting diversity in our legal immigration numbers rather than favoring one group either. Mexicans are the group here by far in the largest numbers illegally and you wonder why people complain about it? Really?

Old 06-06-2013, 05:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,491,366 times
Can we export Ann Coulter to Britain?

Old 06-06-2013, 06:08 PM

46,930 posts, read 25,924,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Can we export Ann Coulter to Britain?
What on Earth did Britain do to merit that sort of treatment?

Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,665,543 times
Ann Coulter wants to profit from prejudice too. Good thing she can count on so many neocon nuts to help her out.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:56 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,301,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Racism? Not quite.

Perhaps you should re-read your definition of racism.
Of course it's not racism - everyone who's not racist automatically assumes that ONLY countries run by WHITES can do well.

Ken

Old 06-06-2013, 06:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,301,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think he is through. He once said he thought Blacks should be banned from the USA.

In addition to what you have mentioned about Chile, lets look at Barbados.

International Human Development Indicators - UNDP

Barbados ranks quite well in the Human Development Index.
I can't say I blame him/her for not wanting to "look in the mirror".
Racism is pretty ugly.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 06-06-2013 at 07:46 PM..

Old 06-06-2013, 07:37 PM

14,249 posts, read 17,902,088 times
I am in favor of discrimination when it comes to immigration. But not discrimination in terms of race or color. Rather, I prefer discrimination in terms of educational attainment and skills.

I also think the idea of reciprocal free movement of people between selected nations could be beneficial. It could be Japan, Australia or the UK. Some of those might choose to stay and become citizens. However, I suspect that most would spend a few years in Sydney, Tokyo, London or New York and then return home richer for the experience.

There are countries who are our equals in terms of economic development, culture, education, etc.. There is much to be gained by increased interaction amongst us.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:44 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,564,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I am in favor of discrimination when it comes to immigration. But not discrimination in terms of race or color. Rather, I prefer discrimination in terms of educational attainment and skills.

I also think the idea of reciprocal free movement of people between selected nations could be beneficial. It could be Japan, Australia or the UK. Some of those might choose to stay and become citizens. However, I suspect that most would spend a few years in Sydney, Tokyo, London or New York and then return home richer for the experience.

There are countries who are our equals in terms of economic development, culture, education, etc.. There is much to be gained by increased interaction amongst us.
Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Japan offered to form a mutual zone for reciprocical free movement of people with the US. It was the US that backed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies