Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
how is securing our southern border akin to denying illegal immigrants entry, they who do far more harm than good to be a denial of rights?

are you aware that mexico's southern border is aggressively guarded by the federales? are you aware of the atrocities mexican forces commit on illegal immigrants to their country?

we need to take a page from mexico's book when it comes to border security.
What does securing the southren border have to do with the poster's contention of "suspending human rights"...?

Quote:
The question is do we have the will to do the right thing and suspend "" human rights "" towards a certain group in order to speed the healing process or are we too cowardly and pathetic to save our own country?
Why would there be a need to " suspend human rights" to secure the border?

You seem confused...on so many levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 07:07 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
No matter the topic...when you call for suspension of any rights, You completely fail.
It's this attitude that has destroyed the very country you are currently standing in.

Sheriff Joe Aarpaio is doing what he can in order to stem the tide.

We need to take it much much further.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
I think you guys need to look at who would come from the UK in mass. It wouldn't be the highly educated and well off people with skills. You would still get the bottom of the barrel scrapings. Except they'd be white.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:32 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"Ann Coulter wants more white immigrants.

In an opinion piece published this week titled “When Did We Vote To Become Mexico?†Coulter laments the demographic changes of the last few decades, saying she wished more immigrants came from the “mother country†of Great Britain rather than Latin America.

“Why can’t the country be more or less the ethnic composition it always was?†Coulter writes in the column, which appeared in WND Commentary under the heading “Invasion USA.â€

Ann Coulter Wants More British Immigrants Instead Of Latin Americans

Ann Coulter Bashes Liberals Over Immigration On Fox: They're Back To 'Old Tricks' - YouTube
Well, I'd agree with her, IF we had a bi-lateral agreement with the UK for mutual immigration.

As it is, the UK won't let Americans in very easily, so I see little reason to extend the same to them.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
There aren't all that many UK citizens willing to immigrate. If you threw the floodgates open to the UK, you wouldn't get that many more applicants than currently exist, which is a minor number compared to other nations.
Actually you'd probably get quite a few takers. When I lived there, people from there asked me all the time whether it was easy to immigrate to the US and many were appalled at the situation we're in with illegal immigrants. Some saw it as almost an invitation to them to come over and be illegal, too. And I'm sure some did. We probably have British illegals in the five-six figures.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I think you guys need to look at who would come from the UK in mass. It wouldn't be the highly educated and well off people with skills. You would still get the bottom of the barrel scrapings. Except they'd be white.

People in every country say this about immigration, and it isn't necessarily true.

Immigration isn't a one way street, if you eased rules on both sides you'd have intelligent, educated brits moving to the U.S., and intelligent, educated Americans moving to the UK. Same thing with Canada -- some people just like to migrate.

The problem is when you open borders with a country like Mexico, with a horrible education system and all sorts of major social problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
There aren't all that many UK citizens willing to immigrate. If you threw the floodgates open to the UK, you wouldn't get that many more applicants than currently exist, which is a minor number compared to other nations.
I'm curious if you know this for a fact, e.g. you have statistics to support it, or if you're just making it up. My experience is that plenty of Brits want to move to the US, and vice-versa.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:38 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,551 times
If it were up to me there would be a quadrilateral free trade and free movement of labor agreement between US, UK, OZ, and CAN, provided the UK pulled out of europe (so there wouldn't be eastern european migration to the US en masse via UK backdoor).

Old 06-06-2013, 07:41 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Just one more reason I will never listen to Ann Coulter. Nothing she says would ever benefit me.

So it's all about you and not what's best for the country?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:47 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
There are plenty of Brits who would like to come to the USA. But there are also plenty of Americans who would like the opportunity to live and work in the UK.

It is probably in the interests of both countries to ease restrictions on immigration or at least to facilitate a freer movement of people between them.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
That's no more racist than Obama wanting more hispanic immigration which he clearly does.

In fact the liberal racism is worse because they want the hispanic immigration to be unlimited because it's the dirt cheap labor that brings wages way down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies