Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 01:26 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes. Yes we do. The 'devil' is almost always in the 'details.' The RWNJs, however, don't have time to wait for the facts to unravel. Lobbing allegations regarding improper behavior or ultimate responsibility (i.e., the President) is the most childish response someone can have ... right now.
"The RWNJs, however, don't have time to wait for the facts to unravel"

Maybe if the IRS official would answer the questions INSTEAD OF REPEATING, " I DON'T KNOW", and provide the requested e-mails and other data these things wouldn't drag out so long.

Oops, I almost forgot, if one of the prime people involved who signed many of the IRS letters wouldn't plea the fifth.

It is kinda hard to get things done when no one speaks up. Don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think you're right. From what I've read of the IGs report, and other commentary ... profiling and targeting of certain applicants was appropriate and many of the far-right, and some left/progressive groups were organized for the sole purpose of promoting political activities/beliefs .... and to seek exceptions to our tax laws to help them do that. I find it humorous that the RWNJs think it's okay to receive special tax benefits for special interest groups ... they agree with, but who fight so hard aginst similar taxpayer benefits for groups offering pro-American, normal American value issues.
I'm confused, easily done. First all we heard is NO right leaning org have been denied.

Now you claim they filed for 1 type of exemption and really meant to operate under another. If this is the case don't you think they would have been denied? If YOU know these the facts wouldn't the IRS KNOW THE SAME FACTS?

OR ARE YOU SMARTER THEN THEY ARE?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 06-06-2013 at 02:11 PM..

Old 06-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
What is quick have to do with it? What do people consider quick?
In an electronic age things are done very quick, yet with the IRS still working with a lot of paper you need to take the time to look it over.
Mr. George, the IG said 90 days was the normal average time to be approved.

Some have been waiting over 3 years with no decision and are still waiting.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
For me it came down to answer the questions and move on. Answer the questions in a timely fashion and things will work out.
Did the groups not want to answer the questions the IRS staff had?
Did they not want to document there actions?
Did they not seek counsel from an acct?
Lot of stuff happens if you dont know what you are doing.
It is apparent to me that you haven't been following what actual did happen and the massive amount of intrusive questions that were asked.

Did you watch the hearings with the victims?

Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is kinda hard to get things done when no one speaks up. Don't you think?
Repeating things which are not truthful doesn't change the fact they're not truthful. Your characterization is not truthful. Take the time to inform yourself, next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies