Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 12:49 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Actually, killing someone over $150 is stupid.
Indeed. That's really what it all boils down to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 01:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Indeed. That's really what it all boils down to.
So shooting someone over how much money is not stupid?

$1000?, $10,000? $100,000?

Old 06-10-2013, 01:08 PM
bUU

Answer my question first: What amount of money is your life worth?

Regardless, I'm not going to placate your inane question, since doing so itself would devalue life, which is what your nonsense is all about I suppose but isn't any part of my morality.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
No, I'm neither naieve, short sighted nor idealistic to the point of endangerment. Sorry to disappoint. I'm also not emotionless, trigger happy or consumed by a vigilante mentality like many on here. You assume much about others & it's completely incorrect.

We are talking about the story at hand & yes, theft in general. I do not live with a wild west mentality & I also have respect for other's lives, regardless if they are a thief or not. I'm happy with the way I am, I don't feel the need to hide behind violence & then try to justify it in my own twisted mind like others on here do.
You are not naive but you are pretentious. "I am not going to do that because I am holier than thou." At the same time, you tell the victims just to suck it up.

How nice of you!

Old 06-10-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Answer my question first: What amount of money is your life worth?
If I were committing a felony, my life would be worth zero. How about yours?

Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 PM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If I were committing a felony, my life would be worth zero.
You think that little of yourself, that's your business. Don't presume to inflict anyone else with such an immoral perversion of life's value.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You are not naive but you are pretentious. "I am not going to do that because I am holier than thou." At the same time, you tell the victims just to suck it up.

How nice of you!
I'm telling them to suck it up? LOL! No, I'm telling them that shooting someone over $150 is not a sane answer.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:13 PM
bUU

Quote:
No, I'm telling them that shooting someone over $150 is not a sane answer.
Indeed.

The inability to perceive or refusal to acknowledge the difference between what's important (living, breathing, thinking human beings) and what's petty (money, cash, lucre) is a major problem in our society.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:23 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Indeed.

The inability to perceive or refusal to acknowledge the difference between what's important (living, breathing, thinking human beings) and what's petty (money, cash, lucre) is a major problem in our society.
Agreed.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:44 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I think what he was trying to argue is the "possibility" that this was a trafficked child who was being forced to have sex acts by her captors to which there was no possibility of her to "do the right thing" and that it was not her fault, that the entire incident was a "gun loving" joe criminal who was simply looking for someone to shoot.

They have to create a "lifetime movie" situation in order to give the appearance of a legitimate argument.
Well not better than a lifetime movie about a poor man who got robbed an ejaculation....

If people are gonna go around saying the "law is the law" the "law is great because it teaches thieves nt to steal" then you should be able to answer those questions

Let's say a serial criminal starts inviting kids, or parents with kids or people with mental disabilities to his home and sets them up so they steal a candy bar or a Hershey Kiss. He didn't do anything against the law(unlike our John who was dealing with criminal rings) and under this law our serial killer would be protected. The law does not specify age, or dollar amount. Then other serial killers find out and start moving to Texas. Would you still think the law should stay as it is?

And you should be able to answer that because laws are written for possible scenarios, not just for past scenarios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies