U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2013, 03:42 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,003,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why does Obama claim he couldn't prove Obama Sr. was his father when Obama Sr. died? According to the State of Hawaii, Obama Sr. is listed as Obama's father on his birth certificate.
That's why the professor forged his recommendation to Harvard and Harvard fraudulently let him in?
Rate this post positively

Old 06-08-2013, 03:43 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,003,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Do you really think that Professor Graff remembered every student in every class that he taught at Columbia for 46 years? I don't. Do you think that he was the only one teaching those particular courses that he taught over those years? If you've ever attended a large university you know better than that. Or at least you should.
I have a 78 year old friend who gets stomach troubles because he doesn't remember he just ate 14 Spanish olives so he doesn't it until he's on his knees in pain. There are a lot of things that can affect memory and I'm also wondering if Graff is looking to shine a bit because the light feels good.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:50 PM

74,852 posts, read 34,983,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Do you really think that Professor Graff remembered every student in every class that he taught at Columbia for 46 years?
Every student? No. Every significant American politician that ever studied at Columbia during those 46 years. Sure. There weren't really that many. There are other prestigious colleges and universities from which many other significant American politicians earned their degrees.

More about Columbia Professor Henry Graff:
Charlie Rose - Henry Graff
Quote:
If you've ever attended a large university you know better than that. Or at least you should.
Columbia isn't that large. Less than 8,000 undergrads. Purdue and UW-Wisconsin, for example, have about 40,000 undergrads. And yes, their professors remember students who've achieved significant accomplishments over the years. For example, many Astronauts were educated at Purdue. The prominent professors in their fields of study remember them.
Purdue in Space

Old 06-08-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
And now you're clairvoyant.
Based on what? Katiana can post up her credentials and accomplishments anytime she likes. We'll compare them to Columbia Professor Henry Graff's credentials and accomplishments. Deal?

Old 06-08-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Yes. About them. Is he a registered democrat?
He was appointed to serve on a Council by a Democrat president. The info has already been posted in this thread.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
That's why the professor forged his recommendation to Harvard and Harvard fraudulently let him in?
You asked why someone would lie on a college recommendation. I asked why Obama would lie about not having proof that Obama Sr. was his father in his book.

Why DO people lie?

Old 06-08-2013, 04:03 PM

6,047 posts, read 4,227,588 times
InformedConsent, you never know when someone is 22 how they will turn out many years later. You have no idea then that they may be significant 20-30 years in the future in anything. None. Meanwhile, new students are in your classes. Several hundred (maybe thousands) more over those 20-30 years.

Someone who sits quietly in the back of the classroom, takes notes, never takes part in discussions, shows up for exams isn't likely to be remembered. And why should they be?

Old 06-08-2013, 04:12 PM

90,377 posts, read 109,187,650 times
Quote:
Not all college classes are huge. Usually, only the general education and beginning level courses are huge. As one moves up through the course requirement sequence for a degree, the classes get smaller. This is even true of very large schools such as Purdue's engineering programs.

General education and "breadth" courses, yes, probably. Degree requirement classes for a specific major? Not likely. There would be no reason to transfer if he had taken the required courses for his major at Occidental.

Why does Obama claim he couldn't prove Obama Sr. was his father when Obama Sr. died? According to the State of Hawaii, Obama Sr. is listed as Obama's father on his birth certificate.
If, if, if.

In regards to this screed (and don't forget you insulted me, below), balderdash! My nursing class at the U of Pittsburgh had 75 students. Senior year we were split up into three groups of 25. We had some lecture classes with all 25 of us. I'd be willing to bet the house that most of my instructors would not have remembered me five years later.

Quote:
Based on what? Katiana can post up her credentials and accomplishments anytime she likes. We'll compare them to Columbia Professor Henry Graff's credentials and accomplishments. Deal?
Personal attacks are against the TOS. I never said I taught at Columbia. I'd like to think my credentials and accomplishments stand on their own.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:48 PM

24,218 posts, read 11,676,233 times
Quote:
.....most certainly NOT the 46 years that Professor Henry Graff taught in Columbia's History Department.....
why exactly does it matter how many years graff taught at columbia? do only people with 46 years of employment have memories from 1983?

Quote:
.... which he taught every significant American politician that ever studied at Columbia during those 46 years.
or so graff claims. i'd actually be curious to know the facts of the matter.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:34 PM

6,193 posts, read 4,882,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes let's just hone in mispronunciations and misspeak, but forget all politicians do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxUXmLCRIJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzfN6bI70fE
Yeah, them thar er funny, I tell ya whut.

Whut's even funnier?

Forgetting yer own birfday and age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DToNSch1EUg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.