Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 06:25 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You, my friend, are farther behind than you suggest the other poster to be. The only reason GOP balls would be in Obama's hand is because he was groping for them.

Obama has proven to be rogue. The GOP led house has already passed bills to fund everything but ACA. That is due process and it stands out as obtuse to folks because we haven't seen government operate in the manner it was meant to in our lifetimes. The house holds the power of the purse as stipulated in the Constitution, Article 1; Section 8. Yep, the POTUS makes a lot of noise and causes a lot of distractions - shutting down government - when he doesn't get his way but that is why there is separation of powers - the USA doesn't have a ruler, we have a president...when he chooses to preside. This one doesn't.

If you can't deal with reality go hold balls with BHO.
Reading this post reminded me of the Black Knight of Monty Python fame. All your limbs have been cut off, but you still think that somehow you're going to win this fight. You're amusing, if not too bright, if you don't see the writing on the wall. This fight is lost for the GOP, but they seem to be the only ones who don't know it. Yet. They will soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 06:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Please find anywhere in the Constitution that says that if the opposing party that does not like an existing law it has the right to shut down the government until it is abolished. I will wait

I wish we could have said that to illegal aliens and those that hire the tourist, making them illegal.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:31 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
It's funny reading a thread claiming Obama has lost control when the GOP is in complete meltdown mode. Members of the same party are sniping at each other while their poll numbers reach new lows.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Reading this post reminded me of the Black Knight of Monty Python fame. All your limbs have been cut off, but you still think that somehow you're going to win this fight. You're amusing, if not too bright, if you don't see the writing on the wall. This fight is lost for the GOP, but they seem to be the only ones who don't know it. Yet. They will soon enough.
Just read your post. It's a perfect analogy, Jude!

It's only a flesh wound.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:54 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,742 times
Quote:
Please find anywhere in the Constitution that says that if the opposing party that does not like an existing law it has the right to shut down the government until it is abolished. I will wait
It's right there where it says an administration doesn't enforce existing law.

Or maybe where the government is allowed to sue a state for enforcing a law the government won't enforce.

It wasn't the Tea Party that clouded the Constitution.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post

Or maybe where the government is allowed to sue a state for enforcing a law the government won't enforce.

You mean: Supreme Court mostly rejects Arizona immigration law; gov says 'heart' remains - CNN.com

Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post

They only believe in the parts that they think that they can understand

Old 10-11-2013, 09:46 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times
Quote:
Meanwhile pretending like what was done prior to Obama's election did not happen makes you sound smart?
Are you talking billions of years or merely American history, which you probably failed in school as you would now? American History is more than most can fathom as they can't see past last year's Super Bowl or who won a reality show. Into which category do you fall?

Old 10-11-2013, 10:02 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times
Quote:
They only believe in the parts that they think that they can understand
Like this part from the SCOTUS riling on AZs immigration laws?

In his dissent, Scalia noted such selective enforcement of immigration laws, writing, "To say, as the Court does, that Arizona contradicts federal law by enforcing applications of the Immigration Act that the President declines to enforce boggles the mind."

Old 10-12-2013, 03:28 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Are you talking billions of years or merely American history, which you probably failed in school as you would now? American History is more than most can fathom as they can't see past last year's Super Bowl or who won a reality show. Into which category do you fall?

I fall into the category of people that do not believe everything that the Lamestream media puts out, I fall into that rare group of people whose lives do not depend on who wins or loses any particulat sports championship, I fall into that special group who can care less about the "house wives of I don't give a damn" or can give a rabbit fart about "dancing with the unknown". Personally I find it quite insulting that you act like you do not know as to what I referring to when I made the comment. You seem to be intelligent enough to realize that my remark was based on the fact that many of the things some people are saying about the current adminstration are mainly the parrot points from Faux and garbage from the koch brothers without any thought to the fact that worst things happened under the previous administration without a peep from those same people.

As far as "American History" is concerned, which one are you taling about? Are you talking about the lies and partial truths of certain figures in history that have been convienantly sugar coated for our consumption or are you talking about the ulgy truths that many americans do not want to hear or know about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies