U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 AM

8,877 posts, read 15,451,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
We also had a Catholic Priest that was a "Brother."
I've known several black priests myself, they're not really that uncommon.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:03 PM

241 posts, read 197,151 times
Default Freemasons

Albert Pike was a 33 Freemason and also authored Morals and Dogma. Allister Crowley also a 33 Freemason, author of Book of Law on Thelema beliefs. In nearly every town you will find a Freemason lodge. They are certainly not going extinct, and most freemasons will never reach 32 and 33 degree. There are plenty of documentaries about Freemasons and by Freemasons, which left me with no doubt at the high levels their higher being is not the traditional God that Jews, Christians, and Muslims pray to. They believe alot in Philosophy, a higher being, mans true destiny. Just another belief system. The Only thing I have a problem with: They portray themselves as not a religion, they shroud themselves in secrecy, if you start out with traditional views of God, you belief system will slowly be changed the higher in levels you go. You begin with a belief in God, and to meet like minded individuals. Only to be indoctrinated into another belief system based upon man destiny a higher being. I find the practice manipulative, misguiding and repugnant. Most initiates will stay at low levels, the ones with deep family roots in the society go on to be high level masons. Fr. Malachi Martin and ex jesuit priest authored plenty of books, having to do with secret societies, in case you want a good read and a bit of conspiracy theory. Texe Marrs is another one who authored a BIG Book on this subject. while I dont agree with the belief system of the Freemason society or the dishonest indoctrination, most are completely harmless. I do believe, like every religion a small, morally corrupt sect has infiltrated the Freemasons and thats why you hear so many sinister things about the group. Kind of like a secret society within a secret society.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:33 PM

4,563 posts, read 3,678,374 times
I used to be one, and I can say with all honesty there is nothing evil or sinister at work.
And there is really little "secret" about it. Some memory work, which is not written (except in anti masonic books and all over the web) and the rituals of initiation.
Much of the myth about masonry is just myth. I have heard so many stories, especially from the religious sector about what masons "Do and believe" and as of yet, none of it true.

A large amount of the Lodge's budget goes to charity, and some branches, such as the shriners, have an even higher charitable interest.

That being said, it comes frequently under the ire of religion. It is rare, but not unheard of the find Catholics in the lodge. The Roman church forbids catholics to join, and the rationale for this is based on false accusations and myth, but I still know a few catholic masons. Also, some groups, such as the church of Christ forbid their members to join, but again, some will anyway. There tends to be more baptists, methodists and episcopalians in the lodge. There are no atheists, because one must profess a belief in a higher power, not as defined by a particular religion, but in the existence of such a deity, in order to be admitted.

The majority of the men I knew in the lodge were honest people. I did encounter a few crooks, but they were the exception, not the rule.

I would say that as far as a social group, a fraternity to which someone can spend an evening in good company, amongst a group that teaches and encourages honesty, family and country, then the Freemasons are a great choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies