Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 12:26 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You don't need salt to flavor food. You can use herbs instead. It's a different taste but much more healthy than using salt.
You might want to check yourself for iodine deficiency.
How to Self-Test for an Iodine Deficiency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 12:28 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What do you put on your popcorn?
Red pepper or old bay, which has about 1/3 the sodium as table salt.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:37 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
I like unsalted, unbuttered popcorn

Old 06-09-2013, 12:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
Unless you raised the bird yourself you don't need to brine a turkey since they already come injected with a solution due to so many crappy cooks overdoing it. And even then if you know what you're doing it's not necessary.
You can buy unbrined turkey. As for the necessity, it's not necessary to use ketchup and mustard either.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:29 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

Well, the same with salt. There is no evidence to suggest that salt in itself
is bad and as long as you drink enough water, you can eat a whole bunch salt
with no ill effects
What on earth are you talking about? Why do you think they give diuretics to people with hypertension?

Old 06-09-2013, 02:35 AM

332 posts, read 868,462 times
It's just a ploy to check for this
WEIRD FOODS IN CHINA---SNAKES, DOGS, CATS, RATS AND INSECTS - China | Facts and Details

Yes i know there are supporters here of chinese food who support cat and dog eating and have eaten dogs and cats. Those nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So, you are one of those types that doesn't mind when a food place serves you food tastes like ****, but drowning in salt to cover up the lack of quality preparation and ingredients. Good for you to defend the places that do this.

Let's focus in on Chinatown in NYC for a moment...It's filthy and a Chinese business person's reputation for not giving a damn about what type of product they serve up is well known when we take into consideration all the crap product that has turned out to be toxic. Sorry, but a Chinese run business here is no differnt than a Chinese run business in China. The bottom line is all that counts and quality is never a priority. The government should set standards because they will not regulate themsleves.

Are you aware that you can add your own salt or soy sauce when you order food in a restauarant? Really, I'm not kidding.

In the long haul, these policies will have a positive affect and Bloomberg is attempting to implement as many health related lifestyle polices as he can before he leaves office. Some may stick and other won't, but unless he is coming to your house and pouring your salt down the toilet, why the hell do you even care?

BTW...Bloomberg does not take a salary.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:05 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
It's just a ploy to check for this
WEIRD FOODS IN CHINA---SNAKES, DOGS, CATS, RATS AND INSECTS - China | Facts and Details

Yes i know there are supporters here of chinese food who support cat and dog eating and have eaten dogs and cats. Those nuts.
Clash of cultures, other than the dogs and cats whatever floats their boat as far as what they are going to sell/eat as long as it's clearly understood what the item is.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:41 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
well, they put together a team, paying them a salary, of course, to go out and train Professional Chefs how to cook food, with less salt....
And taste like crap!!

TIME TO BRING OUR OWN SALT WHEN DINING OUT!!!!!!

Salt is good for you,our bodies need it! -- THEY WANT PPL TO GET SICK AND NEED BIG-PHARMA'S ASSISTANCE ($$$$$$$) WHICH IS WHY THEY ARE DOING THIS!! (And i have heard of ppl getting sick from LOW SODIUM)

I tell ya,im sick of it!!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 06:57 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
And taste like crap!!

TIME TO BRING OUR OWN SALT WHEN DINING OUT!!!!!!

Salt is good for you,our bodies need it! -- THEY WANT PPL TO GET SICK AND NEED BIG-PHARMA'S ASSISTANCE ($$$$$$$) WHICH IS WHY THEY ARE DOING THIS!! (And i have heard of ppl getting sick from LOW SODIUM)

I tell ya,im sick of it!!!!
Dude,

Now, now, now, calm down, take deep breaths...that's right, now, are we calm?

You can't take your own salt into restaurants, I heard Obama "hired secret salt" police to oversee every restaurant and food service area in and throughout the U.S. Psssst, you'll be able to identify them standing by the front door, pretending to read a paper or magazine, with grey hair (that was a crucial qualification) grey hair from way to much salt intake...all of em...Obama's secret name for the project is "Q-tip Initiative"

Old 06-10-2013, 07:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
My metabolism is sensitive to Sodium chloride to the extent I cannot safely eat restaurant Chinese food without creating both high blood sugar and edema. I miss this cuisine but could eat the food if they left out the sugar and salt during preparation. I would add Splenda and Potassium chloride at the table to make up the flavor differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies