Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
oh yes, in conservative land people who mooch off of the tax payers are always black, except when they're Mexican.
What the hell are you talking about???? His post said ZERO about Black, Mexican or any race for that matter. His post was about ILLEGALS and they come in all races. Why do we have yet ANOTHER racist pulling the race card AGAIN on this board!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 11:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
What the hell are you talking about???? His post said ZERO about Black, Mexican or any race for that matter. His post was about ILLEGALS and they come in all races. Why do we have yet ANOTHER racist pulling the race card AGAIN on this board!!!!

Just another day on the CD-P&C board.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
just because Asians, black people, Latinos, or any other historic minority is not a white male doesn't mean we all face the same challenges. Asians tend to benefit from more positive stereotypes than most, particularly that they are all smart and academically minded. they don't face many of the same issues young blacks and Latinos, particularly males, face in this society.
WOW!!!! Another racist comment that is completely unnecessary. WAKE UP Californian!!! You, and other people who think like you, are a part of the problem. You are stereotyping Asians now???? So tell us, what are the "issues" that young black and latino males face in this society? HMMMM???? (this ought to be good, grabbing popcorn)

Old 06-13-2013, 12:02 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
WOW!!!! Another racist comment that is completely unnecessary. WAKE UP Californian!!! You, and other people who think like you, are a part of the problem. You are stereotyping Asians now???? So tell us, what are the "issues" that young black and latino males face in this society? HMMMM???? (this ought to be good, grabbing popcorn)
by definition there is nothing racist about my comment. it is true. all minorities do not face the same challenges. we are not all the same, so a young Asian man who gets offered 9 full ride scholarships is not proof that any minority can make it under the same circumstances. you obviously don't know the definition of "racism".

Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
you can lie to yourself, but don't lie to the rest of us. we all know what conservatives on this board mean by "illegals".

Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
and why should I bother responding to your ridiculous "questions" if you are going to mischaracterize what I've said? black and Latino males face more violence, police harassment, a higher number of suspensions and expulsions in school, a higher likelihood of being raised in poverty and in single parent homes, among other things. do you live under a rock?

Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Someone needs to pay? Yes, this woman and her bastard offspring need to pay. I say let them starve to death if she can't feed them. Otherwise, she needs to get up and make some money somehow. This woman is sick and has no concept of responsibility.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
by definition there is nothing racist about my comment. it is true. all minorities do not face the same challenges. we are not all the same, so a young Asian man who gets offered 9 full ride scholarships is not proof that any minority can make it under the same circumstances. you obviously don't know the definition of "racism".

OH you are so wrong about this. I KNOW racism first hand so do not tell me I don't know the definition of it because I'm very aware of what it is and what it is not. Under the same circumstances, ANY minority or non-minority CAN make it. This young man studied hard, was determined and did what he had to do in order to earn the free ride. I've lived many years now, have traveled extensively and know MANY, MANY people from almost ALL races and backgrounds and I can tell you without ANY reservations that I personally know people who succeeded despite all odds against them. These amazing people were white, black, Asian, etc, etc.

There is absolutely NOTHING preventing ANYONE from succeeding if they CHOOSE to succeed. My Grandma always said, "Where there is a will, there is a way" and that is so true. You are presuming that based upon a person's race, they will either succeed or not. That is wrong and racist and you should probably do some soul searching and really look at the true definition of racism.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
you can lie to yourself, but don't lie to the rest of us. we all know what conservatives on this board mean by "illegals".
You are absolutely ridiculous!!! I AM A CONSERVATIVE and you don't have a freaking clue what my definition of what an illegal is and it's not Mexican or Black. Educate yourself and stop putting everybody in the same bucket and label it concervative

Old 06-13-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
and why should I bother responding to your ridiculous "questions" if you are going to mischaracterize what I've said? black and Latino males face more violence, police harassment, a higher number of suspensions and expulsions in school, a higher likelihood of being raised in poverty and in single parent homes, among other things. do you live under a rock?
You do not have a clue where I've lived, under a rock or otherwise. You are assuming that I am not a black or Hispanic male and that I did not go through all of the things you've described that black/latino males supposedly go through. Regardless of what socio-economic environment anyone is raised in and no matter what race they are, it is up to THEM and the decisions THEY make that will dictate the kind of life they will live.

You are insulting both the black and Latino races by making it out like they have no options other than a life of crime and violence and that is completely not right. Try doing some research and you'll find TONS of success stories involving folks of all races, including blacks and latino's, from all sorts of backgrounds, including poverty stricken, violent surroundings, etc who have not only thrived but are extremely successful.

With your way of thinking, you are saying it's ok for people to make excuses and giving them permission to not try to do better for themselves. You're saying "AWWW your poor little black and latino young men, that's ok if you don't succeed, we understand that you were raised in poverty and around violence so it's ok if you decided to be violent yourselves, join gangs, break the law, go to jail, etc. we know you didn't have a choice especially since your race also makes you less intelligent." Really????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies