Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
You're a traitor, and a insane conspiracy believer.

You're a traitor because the CIA, FBI, and local police departments need intelligence data to keep us safe (but you want to withhold intelligence data from our policing agencies.)

And you're a insane conspiracy believer because you believe the CIA and FBI are out to get you.

^^^^ Some people haven't woken up yet.

Maybe it will take a few more "leaks" to convince you ?
Just remember..your guy won't be in charge forever and the precedents set will continue on to the next administration who will just expand them further like Obama has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 08:49 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPisgah View Post
"It’s not that I don’t want to go after terrorists – or rapists or murderers or any kind of terrible criminal. It’s that I want to go after them, not the rest of the law-abiding citizens that are out there. It's a great invasion of our privacy."
Rand Paul
Yahoo News interview: Rand Paul says NSA phone records seizure saps Obama

In digital era, privacy must be a priority. Is it just me, or is secret blanket surveillance obscenely outrageous? ow.ly/lKS13 — Al Gore (@algore) June 6, 2013

Anyone else notice that libertarians and liberals have a lot in common when it comes to the government trampling American's freedom?

Maybe the difference that will really matter for future generations will turn out to be this: Are you an American who values freedom, or an American who doesn't?
I certainly hope so. A few on each side are coming out against this nonsense and they need to be supported.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Wow, pretty large accusations to be tossing around. So, if someone disagrees with his emminance Obama and the unconstitutional spying on U.S. citizens they're a traitor? Well, I suggest you put out an arrest warrant for Rand and Ron Paul then. Let's see where that goes 'kay?

Time for you to crawl back under the bridge.
And to think..last week we were just racists for disagreeing.
Now we're traitors.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And to think..last week we were just racists for disagreeing.
Now we're traitors.
Must be touching a nerve when they come out in full on attack mode.
As long as they don't accuse me of being a Obama supporter <shudder> it's all good.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Until liberalism is purged from this nation we are doomed to fail. Look around..............the US is the Hindenburg right now with liberals in charge.
Why answer the question when derailing is so much more fun?

Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I certainly hope so. A few on each side are coming out against this nonsense and they need to be supported.
I hope there are more leaks to foreign press sites.
D and R are nothing but two sides of the same coin.
More leaks will convince more people that something is very wrong.

What started off as foreign spying on known terrorists has morphed into getting data on all Americans on a daily basis.

I can only imagine what else they are "gathering" on us.
You think over the past decade they only expanded phone records ?

Old 06-08-2013, 08:53 AM

Maybe those of us who have been tearing each other up here on C-D on other issues but who love their freedom ought to change our status to 100% Pro-Privacy...I'll try it first and see if it catches on.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
You're a traitor, and a insane conspiracy believer.

You're a traitor because the CIA, FBI, and local police departments need intelligence data to keep us safe (but you want to withhold intelligence data from our policing agencies.)

And you're a insane conspiracy believer because you believe the CIA and FBI are out to get you.
This is an extraordinary post. One of the worst ever on this forum. This kind of person is so wrong on so many levels. Depressing...

Old 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Anything that erodes trust in government is good. Let the truth continue to flow.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
No -- because the left is very fascist and want to shut down all debate and opposing views, the liberals are fully backing the government spying on citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies