Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:18 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! what are you disagreeing about?

if Bagels are better than Callah bread?

"disagreeing with Jews"... what in the world does that mean anywat?

Disagreeing with them that the holocaust is real, apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 08:20 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Is it possible to disagree with Jews without being called for Anti-Semitic?

I don't know about that, but I do know that you cannot disagree with Obama without being called a racists.
Okay, this is a lie.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:51 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Which of the two are the most self-segregating, American Jews or American Blacks?

Non assimilative.

Two forces, which sometimes interplay in various degrees:

Outsidedly forced nonassimilation, and, inhibitedly non-assimilatiave.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTVisit View Post
Is it ever possible to disagree with a Jew without being called for Anti-Semite?? It is very sad that we must feel in fear when we disagree or question anything about Jews and Judaism.

I understand the history, but other minorities and even majority groups have been persecuted throughout history, including Christians still today in some parts of the world and in history.
Yes, it's possible. However, you're an anti-Semite whether you agree with us or not. I've come to that conclusion based on your obsessive postings about Jews and your sideways attempt to slander us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
As somebody wrote on Encyclopedia Dramatica:

Who isn't anti-Semitic? Even Abe Foxman, the director of the Anti-Defamation League, is anti-Semitic. Thanks to oversensitive Jews, the term is meaningless except to smear people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
As a jew..

Yes you can disagree and argue with a jew without being anti semitic.

Argue about sports, politics, whatever you want as long as the person you are arguing about isnt jewish. Such as the chicago bulls suck (no jews play for the bulls) (Joke)

But really it comes down to what you are arguing about. If its religious or israel based you most likely will be anti semitic or be accused of it not that it is right. Otherwise all fair game.

If you are critical of israel because you dont think they should be building in the disputed territories you are not a anti semite. But if you believe all jews have big noses and are stingy you are one and you would be wrong... ( i spend like its going out of style and my nose is not big at all).
I like shopping. And I never had to have a nose job either; I have a shiksa nose! People tell me all the time that I don't "look Jewish", which offends the crap out of me because it implies that all Jews look alike. We don't.

And yes, there are some who think that if you question Israel's policies, you are an anti-Semite. I find this mentality more among older Jews who may have emigrated from Europe, are descendents of people who did, or have some otherwise close relationship to Holocaust survivors. Among younger Jews I don't find that attitude nearly as much; their approach to Israel is much more nuanced. They support it fiercely, but they also realize that the government and IDF is responsible for some terrible things. (That does not excuse the behavior of militant Palestinians either.)

Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes. all the time. The first thing that is brought up by them is "you like obama because he is black"

or

"Its the fault of the voters because he is black ,that we are in the trouble we are in now"

and of course. the birthers.

Orly taitz is the biggest use of skin color to malign the president.

And let's not ignore the racism expoused on birther sites like Birthereport.com, Freeperville, World Nut Daily, The Post and Email, etc.
Not to mention the violent opposition to things that every other president since G. Washington has done that began (entirely coincidentally, or course!) on Jan. 2009. That's not a dead giveaway or anything. But the racists continue to think we don't notice, and if we say it out loud, they always have the old "George Bush isn't president anymore" gambit to try to distract us from the obvious.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 AM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Discussion over race and religion is embraced primarily by those who use reason and objectivity. I have never once encountered a response that was based on emotionalism and myth. This goes double with respect to this subject.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
we have the right to debate and disagree wit any administration or people.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:54 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Is it possible to disagree with Jews without being called for Anti-Semitic?
Yes.

What is fascinating, though, is how much support for Israel comes from committed anti-Semites. The foundation of Evangelical Christian support for the Jewish State is their belief in the prophecy that Christ cannot return a second time until after the Temple is rebuilt. And this of course demands a Jewish State in complete control of the Temple Mount, able and willing to destroy the two Islamic Mosques that stand there now.

Most of those folks are simultaneously of the opinion that the Jews are "Christ killers" and that they're still all going straight to hell. They love Israel, but hate the Jews.

Go figure.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:02 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Is it ever possible to disagree with a Jew without being called for Anti-Semite?? It is very sad that we must feel in fear when we disagree or question anything about Jews and Judaism.

I understand the history, but other minorities and even majority groups have been persecuted throughout history, including Christians still today in some parts of the world and in history.
Your sole focus at city-data seems to be Jews. What exactly are you so interested in Jews for?

Old 06-11-2013, 02:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
How can one "disagree with Jews"? In what way do you "disagree with Jews"?

Obviously if you don't subscribe to the Jewish faith, then you disagree with Judaism (or at least parts of it).... but that doesn't seem to be what you're talking about.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies