Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 03:41 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That would be around twice a year being stopped with four citations issued. It's not excessive if he's a bad driver.
He was not ticketed. I have NEVER received a warning. Ever. I ALWAYS get a ticket if I get pulled over for something, and I'm a white chick. Why don't you just admit that this case is suspicious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 03:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Spoken like someone who has never had to deal with this issue first hand. Your comments on here have consistently shown that you don't think much of certain races, so it comes as no surprise that you wouldn't believe what Mr. Thornton said. You are being willfully ignorant if you don't believe that certain people (particularly black and latino men) get pulled over a lot more often than others. You have the luxury of making a joke of it and pretending it's not true. This man had a 0.00 alcohol level! He has been stopped 10 separate times. But hey, clearly it can't possibly be racially motivated. That's all in his head. It's always just in the person's head.
A friend of a friend of mine was recently acquitted on a DUI which means the police couldn't prove he was drunk. It must have been because he's Italian. Racists!

Old 06-10-2013, 03:43 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I can see people who might be disabled, or having a certain type of medical condition failing field sobriety tests, what if a person had a stroke or what if a person had back problems, or came back from combat duty where they were shot in a leg or something. Some police cruisers are equipped with breathalyzer test devices.

If you read the article, it appeared like the man was being harassed, he'd been pulled over 10 times.

Most of those people have a card they carry. I know I do. I have a card issued by the doctor and state that says I am a survivor of severe head trauma and cannot do the field sobriety tests. My balance won't allow it. I would look drunk as hell lol. So what they do is look at the card and immediately give me a breathalyzer. Doesn't bother me at all I don't drink and drive lol.

It is hard to know if this is racially motivated or not. I have been pulled over numerous times because of the neighborhood my friend lives in. When I visit him and head to his house it never fails that I get pulled over lol.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
He was not ticketed. I have NEVER received a warning. Ever. I ALWAYS get a ticket if I get pulled over for something, and I'm a white chick. Why don't you just admit that this case is suspicious?
The you're probably ALWAYS committing some violation that warrants a ticket. I've received many verbal and written warnings as have many others I know. If you read the article it says he was cited 4 out of 10 times he was stopped. A cop can issue a ticket pretty much anytime they want. If they let him off 60% of the time without a citation is that racist?

Old 06-10-2013, 03:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
The you're probably ALWAYS committing some violation that warrants a ticket. I've received many verbal and written warnings as have many others I know. If you read the article it says he was cited 4 out of 10 times he was stopped. A cop can issue a ticket pretty much anytime they want. If they let him off 60% of the time without a citation is that racist?
If they stop him that much it could be harassment and/or profiling.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If they stop him that much it could be harassment and/or profiling.
Then again it could not be harassment and/or profiling.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
"I can tell you're driving DUI by looking in your eyes."
Unreal.... Maybe the guy was tired!!

Old 06-10-2013, 04:15 PM

Here's another arrest due to racism. Look at those racist cops that made the arrest......

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ouis_Gates.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-11-2013 at 04:08 AM..

Old 06-10-2013, 04:18 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Man charged with DUI despite documents showing blood alcohol content of 0.000

I hope he owns that police dept.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 PM

349 posts, read 260,961 times
Quote:
Here's another arrest due to racism. Look at those racist cops that made the arrest......

So because of your former pathetic attempts to marginalise the issue has failed, you know drag in something totally unrelated....

Why don't you just admit your failure at discrediting the incident and get lost....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies