Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 08:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times

Advertisements

NYC Mayor Bloomberg just got a gun control law thru the Nevada state legislature. Say what?
Bloomberg wants the best gun control money can buy | The Oregon Catalyst

Quote:
The NY Times reported “At one point, 11 lobbyists for [Bloomberg's] coalition were squaring off with one lobbyist for the National Rifle Association at the Nevada capital.”
The Nevada Firearms Coalition posted recently “If you need proof that Bloomberg brought in hired guns to NV, read their most recent news release. Only two mayors in NV belong to this group, yet NYC is dictating to NV citizens what laws we want.”
Tom Gresham longtime gun writer and radio talk host has a good discussion of what is happening.
Listen to Guntalk 2013-06-09 Part B from Gun Talk online

It's an hour of radio, but worth a listen if you're interested in gun control. The main problem as I see it is that Bloomberg's program does nothing to fix the underlying problems with psychiatry and the gun-mental illness nexus. It goes after symptoms rather than causes.

Bloomberg is bring his dog and pony show to my state of WA. Bring it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 08:22 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,776 times
I am not normally a support of Bloomberg, but am behind him 100% on his campaign against gun violence. I do believe that these gun control laws will continue to be passed state by state as they have been, and once the Democrats regain control of the House there will be additional anti-slaughter laws passed. Good to see.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,131 times
Anti-slaughter???? Come back to the real world!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Slaughter is legal? In which state?

Old 06-10-2013, 09:06 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,538,917 times
Dems love their Nannies.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Anti-slaughter???? Come back to the real world!
Put down that soda.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
I am not normally a support of Bloomberg, but am behind him 100% on his campaign against gun violence. I do believe that these gun control laws will continue to be passed state by state as they have been, and once the Democrats regain control of the House there will be additional anti-slaughter laws passed. Good to see.
because the law anti slaughter laws work? gun free zones are a failure, if you remember it was the AWB of 1994 that give us the congress for the next 14.....please help us....

Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 AM

Do you believe in laws and law enforcement? Do you want a civilized society or gun-totin' anarchy? Why is it so difficult for some Americans to move into the 21st century? When have guns been confiscated from non-criminals?

Old 06-11-2013, 08:00 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Dems love their Nannies.
I'll bet they keep their kids locked up in the house because they might get hurt if they go outside.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I would prefer a law abiding society free from any violence. However as we are dealing with human beings, the peace I or anyone else wants, is impossible. So long as people are around some of them are going to be violently crazy or criminal with a complete lack of comprehension of or actual distain for the law.

These are the people that kill people with axes or guns for either insane or criminal reasons. They cannot be controlled by reason but must be subdued by violence. Schools in “Gun Free Zones” and unarmed homeowners both aid and abet the crazies or criminals by making it safer for these people to do their depredations.

The problem with the Newton School was created by two things. The CRAZY LITTLE THUG had not been committed to an INSANE ASYLUM because we closed them to save money and the School was unguarded because it was a GUN FREE ZONE in direct violation of common sense.

Mayor Bloomberg may spend his money as he wishes but I would prefer he admit his anti-gun crusade is based on disarming the poor and working people to reduce the risk to the wealthy and connected by allowing them or their guards to keep their guns while disarming the rest of the population. He may have chosen to lobby the Nevada legislature because Nevada is a small state but it is a small Western State and I think his message will be ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies