Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 07:39 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

I guess they were annoying the thug cops

Old 06-11-2013, 08:00 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I guess they ran out of dogs to shoot that day and needed some other outlet for their rage. The police are the largest and most violent criminal gang in the country.
BS.

There are rogue cops and there are incompetant cops and there are good, decent, highly trained, caring and honorable cops. There are lazy welfare bums sucking up money for years on end, and there are people experiencing a tough situation who are using welfare for its intended purpose. There are gansta black thugs and there are poor and middle class blacks who quietly just go about their business, take care of their families and pay their taxes. There are single mothers who could care less that their offspring are running the roads and turning into trash, and there are single mothers who work hard and struggle every day with only one thing on their mind - to do right by their children and make sure that they turn into law abiding, contributing members of society. I could generalize all day long, and your post would only hold water if blanket statements were actually true statements.

I know many law enforcement officers. Every one I know, and every one I have known joined the force because they wanted to actually make a difference. Cop hating and cop generalizing is a useless past-time.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:05 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
NY trying to pass a law right now that makes it illegal to annoy the police. NY is going into the toilet like it should be.

New York Law Makes “Annoying” A Cop Illegal | Q 103 - Albany's #1 Rock Station
It's a lot easier to do things like this in places with one political party. Fortunately, we have the ACLU etc. to watch our backs here.

Coming around to the value of the ACLU yet?

Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
People with this kind of rage should never be granted the authority and the badge. It would appear that LE is specifically recruiting for this human pitbull aggressor type. Sickening.
Um, you are complaining about the NYPD? Watch out, they might call you "racist" for doing so.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's a lot easier to do things like this in places with one political party. Fortunately, we have the ACLU etc. to watch our backs here.

Coming around to the value of the ACLU yet?
I haven't seen the ACLU say anything about a law that you can't annoy cops so in this case there is no value in the ACLU.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
BS.

There are rogue cops and there are incompetant cops and there are good, decent, highly trained, caring and honorable cops. There are lazy welfare bums sucking up money for years on end, and there are people experiencing a tough situation who are using welfare for its intended purpose. There are gansta black thugs and there are poor and middle class blacks who quietly just go about their business, take care of their families and pay their taxes. There are single mothers who could care less that their offspring are running the roads and turning into trash, and there are single mothers who work hard and struggle every day with only one thing on their mind - to do right by their children and make sure that they turn into law abiding, contributing members of society. I could generalize all day long, and your post would only hold water if blanket statements were actually true statements.

I know many law enforcement officers. Every one I know, and every one I have known joined the force because they wanted to actually make a difference. Cop hating and cop generalizing is a useless past-time.
I'd have to disagree.

The good cops aren't doing enough to expose what's going on. I can't say I blame them, but something's gotta give. The justice system isn't dealing with them (internal investigation??) and they need to be prosecuted and put in jail like everyone else. While there may be more good cops than bad, the bad cops are repeat offenders and are probably ruining or hindering the lives of many.

I honestly don't know an answer other than harsh prosecution. If they have to go to jail with everyone else they'll think twice about assaulting someone.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I haven't seen the ACLU say anything about a law that you can't annoy cops so in this case there is no value in the ACLU.
I don't know their process but I'm interested in what they do. All organizations evolve and its good to have an established organization doing something positive. If they can get the surveillance halted or bring national attention to it I'll donate to their cause.

I agree with groups on all sides of the aisle on particular issues.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'd have to disagree.

The good cops aren't doing enough to expose what's going on. I can't say I blame them, but something's gotta give. The justice system isn't dealing with them (internal investigation??) and they need to be prosecuted and put in jail like everyone else. While there may be more good cops than bad, the bad cops are repeat offenders and are probably ruining or hindering the lives of many.

I honestly don't know an answer other than harsh prosecution. If they have to go to jail with everyone else they'll think twice about assaulting someone.
Well, we all watched history unfold the last time one of them turned whistleblower - they hunted him down like an animal. That'll teach any LEO from daring to turn in or report abusive colleagues.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'd have to disagree.

From your OP:
......is under investigation by NYPD Internal Affairs......

It sounds (based on your original post) that this case is currently being investigated. Any law enforcement officer that is guilty of a crime should be prosecuted and jailed.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
From your OP:
......is under investigation by NYPD Internal Affairs......

It sounds (based on your original post) that this case is currently being investigated. Any law enforcement officer that is guilty of a crime should be prosecuted and jailed.
Internal investigations are bogus.

They should be charged and tried in a regular court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies