Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:21 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

No problem!

You can now prescribe yourself Plan-B without a doctor or pharmacist butting into your business.

Of course you still can't smoke, drink alcohol or copulate because you're too young to make decisions about what you put in your body.

"As the father of two daughters, I think it is important for us to make sure that we apply some common sense to various rules when it comes to over-the-counter medicine," Obama said then.

Obama Plan B Decision: Feds To Comply With NY Judge's Ruling

Looks like common sense took a little vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Old enough to have sex, old enough to get pregnant, old enough to decide what to do with your own body.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Old enough to have sex, old enough to get pregnant, old enough to decide what to do with your own body.

So smoking is OK?

FTR, these are teens who are not old enough to legally copulate or get pregnant as a result.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So smoking is OK?

FTR, these are teens who are not old enough to legally copulate or get pregnant as a result.
Not allowed to legally copulate? Well, I guess that will stop them. Oh wait.....

Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Not allowed to legally get pregnant? Okay...well, guess what...folks have been doing that for ages...it is only in the last century, that so many laws came on the books about it all...if a fourteen year old has sex, with a fifteen year old, they are not thinking about the "law"...heck, they don't know what they are doing is illegal...

Sex happens. Only those who bury their heads in the sand, pretend that all teens wear some sort of chasitity rings.

"Mom, I want to talk to you about something"..."LALALALALALALA"....there are more parents like that around than you can believe.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Not allowed to legally get pregnant? Okay...well, guess what...folks have been doing that for ages...it is only in the last century, that so many laws came on the books about it all...if a fourteen year old has sex, with a fifteen year old, they are not thinking about the "law"...heck, they don't know what they are doing is illegal...

Sex happens. Only those who bury their heads in the sand, pretend that all teens wear some sort of chasitity rings.

"Mom, I want to talk to you about something"..."LALALALALALALA"....there are more parents like that around than you can believe.
No kidding. You should hear some of the confessions I get from the kids when I give Gardasil shots at the schools.
"My parents don't know, but...."

Old 06-10-2013, 11:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
No problem!

You can now prescribe yourself Plan-B without a doctor or pharmacist butting into your business.

Of course you still can't smoke, drink alcohol or copulate because you're too young to make decisions about what you put in your body.

"As the father of two daughters, I think it is important for us to make sure that we apply some common sense to various rules when it comes to over-the-counter medicine," Obama said then.

Obama Plan B Decision: Feds To Comply With NY Judge's Ruling

Looks like common sense took a little vacation.
A teen who takes responsibility for her actions and prevents an unwanted pregnancy that could lead her to make bad decisions like dropping out of school to go work at a low-skill, minimum wage job and/or having to rely on public assistance such as welfare to support the baby, and starting a cycle of poverty is a good thing.

[congratulations, young woman, for not making your problem my problem]

Old 06-10-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
A teen who takes responsibility for her actions and prevents an unwanted pregnancy that could lead her to make bad decisions like dropping out of school to go work at a low-skill, minimum wage job and/or having to rely on public assistance such as welfare to support the baby, and starting a cycle of poverty is a good thing.

[congratulations, young woman, for not making your problem my problem]

Should this teen be allowed to sign a legal contract?

Old 06-10-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Not allowed to legally copulate? Well, I guess that will stop them. Oh wait.....

Since we can't stop them from drinking alcohol, should wine coolers and beer be sold to teens?

Old 06-10-2013, 11:28 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,214 times
Quote:
Should this teen be allowed to sign a legal contract?
They are allowed to sign a contract. However, except in limited cases the other part won't be allowed to enforce the terms of the contract against a minor.

Anyway, teenagers shouldn't have kids, so if they weren't smart enough to use birth control, I think we're all better off if they get an abortion. That's the reality of the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies