Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, the destruction of the black family began with slavery. Do your damned homework.

And I find the phrase "their women" extremely telling in your case.
Oh please, whites were slaves far before blacks were..

Old 06-11-2013, 09:30 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The destruction of the black family started with the Great Society policies of Johnson, so rightfully so the Democrats should get some of the blame. But blame also goes for the indifference of the drug cancer that has ruined so many lives and any culture the black people had managed to develop.

They essentially cut the balls off black men by making it possible for their women to live on their own without them, instead of coming up with policies that strengthened the family. To think that black men would be ok with the Government just giving them money I think shows just how little respect the Government holds for them.
You can also give negative kudos to Hollywood that glamorizes single parenthood instead of personal responsibility.

Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I do not fling personal attacks at any poster here because we do not agree.
I didnt say you threw personal insults, i just said that your comments being less vulgar doesnt make them polite,however, i should probably say my opinion of you (as well as Iamme's of you) is based on months of reading your posts. not just this thread.

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The one you were replying fails to do the math. Whites have always been the majority in this country therefore it only makes sense that percentage wise whites would benefit more from the government tax coffers. It's really that simple but of course the implication by this person is always racism and discrimination against minorities. It's what she does all the time. She is seething with hatred against white "conservatives" in particular.
That question really threw it into a quandary.

I think this country is so full of these fake intellectuals, but they aren't free thinkers. They have eduation, but no wisdom. They will never discuss something in a way that deviates from their position.

I call it "intellectual spam" which we are deluged with every single day. No reality, just talking points.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:

I think this country is so full of these fake intellectuals, but they aren't free thinkers. They have eduation, but no wisdom. They will never discuss something in a way that deviates from their position.

I call it "intellectual spam" which we are deluged with every single day. No reality, just talking points.
And insults, hatred and stereotyping.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You can also give negative kudos to Hollywood that glamorizes single parenthood instead of personal responsibility.
I can't watch regular TV anymore. It's all crap and it's all agenda driven. Even in the movies white males are almost always portrayed as weak and corrupt or gay.

And I love these movies with terrorism plots. The terrorists without fail are white! It's like the Emperor's New Clothes. Complete fantasy and the majority just eats it up.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:36 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:

That question doesn't throw anything in a quandary.

It doesn't contradict my point in the least in fact. The fact that white Americans are the majority has what to do with the destructive impact of government spending?

Again, if getting government money destroys families, then why isn't White Americans who have gotten the vast majority of all government spending destroyed? If you think only a small percentage of white Americans have received government money, you aren't thinking very clearly.

The vast overwhelming majority of white Americans and their families have gotten money directly from the government. So why aren't they destroyed?

It is not some rare occurrence that white Americans get money from the government. It is the vast majority of white Americans and white families have gotten money directly from the government.
This is the reality that your stupid point can't get around.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And insults, hatred and stereotyping.
My brother's wife is one of these nutty, militant liberals who thinks everything white people have ever done is evil (even though she's 100% Irish). She's got a ton of years of college and she's as dumb as a post.

So I love to push her buttons and she get's so upset and offended and I just stay calm. I guess that's what all that college does for you. Makes it impossible to communicate with someone you disagree with.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Exactly, my point is that no group has gotten more government spending then white Americans. If getting money from the government caused social problems then white Americans who have gotten more money for everything would be in bad shape.

This is what simple minded thinkers don't get. You make this welfare and black people connection based on your biases and they expect everyone else not to see reality, that white Americans have gotten the lions share of ALL government spending and it surely hasn't hurt them.
Well now you are making sense and I tend to agree. Although govt spending is not all equal. Going to school on a GI Bill is a lot different than getting a check for being a 16 year old single mother. Nuances.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Somehow I don't think this is the "Great Society" that LBJ envisioned with his programs.

Great Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Great Society was a set of domestic programs in the United States announced by President Lyndon B. Johnson at Ohio University and subsequently promoted by him and fellow Democrats in Congress in the 1960s. Two main goals of the Great Society social reforms were the elimination of poverty and racial injustice.

What a monster!
There is more poverty today.
There is way more racial injustice today.

All it did was grant special privileges, on the road to that entitlement mentality, to buy votes. It did nothing to fix the cause. It was to smooth out the symptoms of the cause. To fix the cause, would take power from the government, that started it all in the first place. Our own government created racism. Our government creates poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies