Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:01 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So, what's this thousands of years that you're talking about? The only thing that recognizing same-sex marriages could possibly "screw up" is the leftover remnants of the puritan ideology that was imported to the United States with the early colonists. Then again, these are the same people that used any woman who had an opinion as the center pole of a bonfire, so their moral values were suspect to begin with...
Beautifully stated.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:01 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
The confused ones are people who try to live their lives from a 2000 year old book. Poor confused disillusioned people. Get a life Eddie and stop obsessing about gays.
Just to let you know, the book isn't 2000 years old , its about 50,000 years old and extending further back. Its how life does it on planet earth. Carry on with the research, I have things to do.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Some do choose to be with someone of the same sex exclusively. The "born that way" dogma that is pushed apparently doesn't fit everyone. The flip floppers are the ones that confuse most people. Married for years to someone of the opposite sex, Meridith Baxter is a good example, blame their Hetero phase on society, then out of the blue declare themselves Gay or Lesbian. Lately I have been seeing the flip floppers go from declaring theirselves Lesbian, like the OPs example to declaring theirselves Straight...whose on first situation?
I think the problem arises when people want labels applied to people. Some people just don't fit in nice tidy pigeon-holes. Some people are born heterosexual, and some are not whether they be homosexual, bisexual, sexually fluid, or pansexual. It's really of no concern to anyone but those in the relationship.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:04 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Just to let you know, the book isn't 2000 years old , its about 50,000 years old and extending further back. Its how life does it on planet earth. Carry on with the investigation, I have things to do.
Written language only goes back about 5,000 years, so your book cannot be over that age. I do not need, nor believe in your bible book of fairy tales for goat herders. So as far as I am concerned, it means squat to me or to my life.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I do think it is more common for women to experiment sexually with other women. I have known a few gals who talked about things they did with other girls when they were younger, yet they have a strong preference for men and all their serious relationships have been with men. Most of these women have told me they never really think about or desire to be sexual with another woman, but that it could happen under the right circumstances.

I've never felt that way about any guy I've known, and I don't know many "straight" guys who have either. Or perhaps some just won't admit it.

Conversely, my sister's partner had never had any intamacy with or relationships with another woman until she met my sister. She has said that she had never thought she'd be with a woman, but when she met my sister, she met her soul mate and it just happened to be a female.

At the same time, my sister gives off a very masculine energy, for sure. That may well have something to do with it in that particular situation.
Yep, all kinds of fluid situations. My younger sister gives off a very masculine vibe too and is approached by women more often than men, but is very certain in her attraction for men.

Many of the young women I associate with seem to be open to exploring their sexuuality with women but admittedly are looking for long term relatiinships with men. Many of these women seem to upset Lesbians from what I see on other forums and are accused of playing with their affections. Most guys seem to not care as much when it comes to Bi women.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
So all those out there "experimenting" are going to change the meaning of marriage for all of us. Nice. Geesh.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:35 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So all those out there "experimenting" are going to change the meaning of marriage for all of us. Nice. Geesh.
By experimenting, you mean bisexual?

Heterosexuals are doing a great job changing the meaning of marriage all on their own with over 50% ending in divorce.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Well, I am not experimenting, my partner and I will be celebrating our 34 years together next month and our 5th wedding anniversary in a week. Our marriage means the same as anyone else's, if your marriage lacks meaning, it is because of yourself, not because gays get married. How does my marriage to my partner take away the meaning of your marriage, Janelle? Specifically, How?

Old 06-11-2013, 10:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
By experimenting, you mean bisexual?

Heterosexuals are doing a great job changing the meaning of marriage all on their own with over 50% ending in divorce.
I question those stats. Many marry and divorce over and over again in that count, plus we should make marriage even worse than it is already? That doesn't make any sense.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
If she is confused than others are just as confused.

Are we to change the meaning of marriage over this? Keep it one man, one woman and let the confused crowd figure out what they will do but don't mess it all up.
I agree 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies