Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Really? Which science would that be? You will not find "race" mentioned in biology, medicine, or any other accepted scientific field. "Race" is a fabrication to give those an excuse to hate, nothing more.
Race IS part of biology..there IS a taxonomical difference between black and white...it's just that neither race/ethnicity are classified under subspecies because it has been scientifically agreed that there is too little variation in any given phenotype.

Of course....this is most likely due to the external pressures of a PC society. But I digress....I'm pretty indifferent on any advance in that regard. But it is only intellectually honest to acknowledge two things.

1 - black and white are DIFFERENT in the very fundamental context of the word

and

2 -no human is EQUAL....none....no two single human beings are equal. Force is needed to propagate such a silly notion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 11:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Race IS part of biology..there IS a taxonomical difference between black and white...it's just that neither race/ethnicity are classified under subspecies because it has been scientifically agreed that there is too little variation in any given phenotype.

Of course....this is most likely due to the external pressures of a PC society. But I digress....I'm pretty indifferent on any advance in that regard. But it is only intellectually honest to acknowledge two things.

1 - black and white are DIFFERENT in the very fundamental context of the word

and

2 -no human is EQUAL....none....no two single human beings are equal. Force is needed to propagate such a silly notion.
No, it is not. You will not find "race" mentioned anywhere in biology. As I previously pointed out, there are only Kingdoms, Divisions (or Phylum), Classes, Orders, Families, Genus, and Species. "Race" does not exist, except in the minds of the ignorant. There is absolutely no difference between black, white, yellow, or brown people. We are all the same species.

I suggest you get educated because you are beginning to look like a bigot with all your truly ignorant posts.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:51 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
In the grand scheme of things,the biggest winners of affirmitive action are WHITE women,not blacks as some here love to believe.

I'm not really sure if I'm for or against AA.
It isn't doing what it is intended to do,and that's help minorites.
Part of the issue is who is defined as a minority.
White women aren't a minoirty,Imo.
How did they get classified as so anyway?

Then again,white men have turned down white women for jobs in the past.
They were also discriminated against.

It has helped blacks and others,but I'm not sure it help them as much as it did white women.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
No, it is not. You will not find "race" mentioned anywhere in biology. As I previously pointed out, there are only Kingdoms, Divisions (or Phylum), Classes, Orders, Families, Genus, and Species. "Race" does not exist, except in the minds of the ignorant. There is absolutely no difference between black, white, yellow, or brown people. We are all the same species.

I suggest you get educated because you are beginning to look like a bigot with all your truly ignorant posts.
There IS a difference....there is a DISTINCT and OBSERVABLE difference.

Science can resist the classification all it wants but it still recognizes genetic expression and variation.

You can throw the bigot word around all you want and it won't change the fact that you choose to live in delusion snd dream of utopia.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:02 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
In the grand scheme of things,the biggest winners of affirmitive action are WHITE women,not blacks as some here love to believe.

It has helped blacks and others,but I'm not sure it help them as much as it did white women.
White Women were eligible to be included in AA because they were historically denied access to certain fields of education, career choices and the ability to advance, compete and be promoted with White Males.

They were systematically steered into careers that afforded little upward mobility and a place in the decision making process. White females were also refused admittance to organizations and clubs were the decisions and discussions necessary to compete in management decisions were made.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:34 AM

808 posts, read 1,877,633 times
I'm all for ending affirmative action in universities as long as legacy admissions is removed as well.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
White Women were eligible to be included in AA because they were historically denied access to certain fields of education, career choices and the ability to advance, compete and be promoted with White Males.

They were systematically steered into careers that afforded little upward mobility and a place in the decision making process. White females were also refused admittance to organizations and clubs were the decisions and discussions necessary to compete in management decisions were made.
Ok,I see.
But don't white women outnumber white men in colleges and in employment these days?

Old 06-14-2013, 01:14 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

You should be against Affirmative Action, unless you truly believe that women and minorities are incapable of making in the real-world without government support. It is a demeaning, misogynistic government program that amounts to nothing more than institutionalized bigotry. Which, of course, is expected from Democrats.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:43 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I don't support it and I'm black.
Racist!!! LOL GREAT SEE SOMEONE WHO TOOK THE RED BILL.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:19 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Then you are ignoring what your eyes and brain are processing...

And that is more ignorant than anything.

I remember my friend's girlfriend took a teaching job in Houston, teaching little 1st graders. Her class was all black. My friend went to visit her one day in her classroom and the little kids were shocked that her boyfriend was a white guy. She then told them "I'm white too" and they just looked at her in shock.

I guess it was hilarious, they had accepted her so completely they didn't even notice a difference.

When do people lose that? What happens to us when we "grow up"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies