Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:49 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I don't think so ..... they were far too embittered over Al Gore's failed attempt to steal the Presidency from President Bush.

There was no attempt to steal the presidency from the scum Bush. Quite the opposite. Republicans played silly buggers in order to render the votes of people who might not support the Republican torture party inoperative. Please don't bother arguing, it's well over a decade ago but time doesn't make lies true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I may have some policy differences with President Obama but I prefer him to ANY Republican let alone McCain, Palin, Romney or the other jerk.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:57 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Be careful how you answer......Bush's Gestapo ....I mean.....Obama's Gestapo is watching and listening! I'd hate for you to end up on the Enemies List!!

Repeat after me: "I wasted my vote. I wasted my vote. I wasted my vote."

LOL
I love it.The Republicans are a dying breed according to Lindsay Graham.
Better than having bush run the economy into he ground.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That does not make a lot of sense. Typically when you do not vote to re-elect someone you voted to put into office, it is because they did not live up to your expectations. Since hindsight is always 20/20, I'd think most people who are dissatisfied with him now, feel as if they made a mistake by voting for him in 2008.
Let's face it, McCain is no raving conservative and continues to prove it. I did not care for McCain, never have, but he certainly would not have done a worse job than Obama did.
McCain said Economics were not his strong suit. How could he lead when he doesn't understand economics? He couldstart wars. Economy he does understand.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
There's been no difference. Obama has done everything Bush did, and more to set us up. Bush and he are both the same. It's really interesting to see this continuous bickering over who is the better of the two evils. Using Bush as the reason for Obama being a good choice is a ridiculous argument. Both are equally bad, and Obama has been the polar opposite of what was expected and promised. However, we rarely hear that from his minions, even though it's so blatantly obvious.

There were more choices than Romney and Obama, which shows that everyone chose poorly.

You know what they say about a house divided on itself. Our house is divided (intentionally), and both sides suffer from tunnelvision.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Anyone who ignores the IRS, DoJ, and NSA scandals definately have your heads up your *s(
All of these are things that other presidents do and have done, yet they got re-elected, too. So I assume that Bush voters also have their craniums inserted somewhere uncomfortable, too.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:49 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
All of these are things that other presidents do and have done, yet they got re-elected, too. So I assume that Bush voters also have their craniums inserted somewhere uncomfortable, too.
correct...the Bush voters were just as stupid

carter (4yr), bush1 (12yr), clinton (8yr), bush2 (8yr), obama (will be 8yr)... 40 years worth of liberal globalists

Old 06-22-2013, 02:18 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You're right she is, as is anyone who's been put in office in the last 50+ years. What's your point?
Simple, not everyone is a bold face liar that will do anything to win/survive in the political arena. There was a time not all that long ago that people ran not to make a career, but to serve their country and/or state, city etc., then go back to normal life. Now days you have a political class to where they think they are smarter and better than the rest of us, and must remain in power to run our lives(2016 possible Bush or Clinton again).
She is clearly one of the worst in this regard, and I cannot imagine anyone wanting her to lead this country considering we have people with much more integrity in either party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The thing with her is you know what she's about, you know she'll pander to her base but when it gets down to the nuts and bolts she'll do just what Bill did and move to the center even if it ticks off her base.
She unlike Obama is less about ideology and more about self preservation plus then the left would get what they've always wanted, Bill back in the White House.
I'm afraid we will have to disagree here. Bill was the more pragmatic of the two, and this was witnessed by Stephanopoulos and others in his admin. She may not be as bad as Obama, but she would be much more left leaning than Bill ever was. Additionally Bill was able to reach across the divide and get things accomplished. Hillary is way too polarizing, and I do not believe most other politicians would trust her. Then again, why should they with her track record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
McCain said Economics were not his strong suit. How could he lead when he doesn't understand economics? He couldstart wars. Economy he does understand.
I said McCain was no favorite of mine, and I actually do not care for him. However what is wrong with someone admitting not being an expert or not having a strong suit in certain areas? Obama is certainly no economic whiz, but if he pretends to be and fools enough people to get elected, are we really better off?
Most POTUS's have economic experts in their admins, and look at what Obama did. He puts the tax cheat Tim Geitner in charge of the US Treasury.
Not one Wall Street fat cat has gone to jail despite the biggest fraud/theft of taxpayers money in the history of the world. People like to generalize Reps as protecting the rich and their interests, but what has Obama done to put the crooks in jail? The answer is nothing, yet somehow he gets a pass from the same people who would be screaming bloody murder if it was Bush.

As to McCain starting wars, give me a break. The guy is the only one to actually serve among everyone who has been a top contender in the last two elections. Most people who have gone to and experienced war want to avoid it whenever possible.
It doesn't really matter at this point because McCain is done as a presidential hopeful. However we have 3 more years of Obama, and I cannot for the life of me understand how we could have re-elected one of the worst presidents in modern history.

`

`

Old 06-22-2013, 03:07 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I may have some policy differences with President Obama but I prefer him to ANY Republican let alone McCain, Palin, Romney or the other jerk.
Well, it's been known for a while: Had the GOP nominated a viable candidate, they could have taken the presidency from an already weakened Obama.

They, however, decided to pander to a small but vocal, very right-wing-oriented, minority.

It is as though it had never crossed their minds that, statistically, there MUST be more people in the middle of that political bell curve. They also, apparently, hadn't noticed that church membership/attendance has been in steady decline and that, just perhaps, they ought to look at appealing to those who no longer hold such religious institutions in high esteem.

Perhaps they also failed to notice the increasing secularization of America in general and thus, it never occurred to them that young people, in particular, are more interested in the ideas of equality, fairness, live-and-let-live, and non-intrusion than in stringent doctrine dictating how others have to live - let alone when that doctrine is religion-based?

Then there is the idea that government should be by the people and for the people, and not by the lobbyists, for corporations... Something that, again, seems to elude the GOP.

Who in their right mind thought that people like Rick Santorum would appeal to the masses? Or a guy who is so wealthy that he cannot possibly relate to the problems of average Americans?

I doubt that Obama will be remembered as a great President, but I am in no way surprised that he was re-elected, given the "alternatives" the GOP put forward - and worse, the alternatives which they considered as possibilities. To me, it is the consideration of nut jobs such Santorum that really shed a VERY negative light on the GOP and thus, elevated Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies